asking about te71 gearbox

jaidane

Mar 27, 2005
i have one te71 with running standard engine 1.6 (2t engine). so i want to know, my gear box can or not use if i convert the engine to 4ag 20v black top. if can, how about modification and problem.......
please some body can tell me......

TauhuTauhu

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2004
Malaysia
Visit site
u need an "A" type bell housing to make it happen. use tht bellhousing on ur gearbox.

i think T50 from year 70++ has shorter gear shifter housing position.if not mistaken, it's abt 4"-6" shorter.
so ur's might b the older version. if ur's is the older g'box, and now u use newer version T50, (later 2T, 3T, 4A, 3A....), u might need to cut a hole for ur shifter coz they r longer.
but the shifter housing can be swapped over oso i think.

it's not easy to get the bell housing...might as well get the "A"type T50, and keep ur's as spare.

read sifu chin's gearbox change:
http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/gearbox/T50/T50.htm

Last edited:

jaidane

Mar 27, 2005
tq.
where can i get bellhousing type A ?

TauhuTauhu

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2004
Malaysia
Visit site
from 4AG, 3AC...all the "A" engine with T50 gearbox will have the bellhousing.
i'd say tht getting the "A" type bell housing will be as hard as getting an 'A" type T50 gearbox.

so, better get the gearbox and keep urs as spare

jaidane

Mar 27, 2005
thank you for that information. i think you right coz they always sold with gear box..... any body here want to sell bell housing type A.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,

I have a BMW with manual gearbox that require ATF oil. Can I use Tufoil with this ATF oil?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience