ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
arsenal lost 2 midfield holding players in the form of vieira and edu. i hope they don't expect flamini and fabregas to fill the void coz both edu and vieira are extremely experienced players. i'd expect someone in the mould of edgar davids, steven gerrard, scott parker or makelele to replace vieira.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
^&*&^%$$....barger...im in blardy berlin and saw the german newspaper with viera picture holding juve shirts with his name writing on it....i was like far% what happem since its in german...and now it cost me 5 blardy euro just to find out viera have moved....future is bleek.....if wenger couldnt find ball winner in the middle of the park i just could see one thing....the title english champion wouldnt be visiting highbury for the last season....arrghhh...what was wenger thinking....i could understand if he already bought somebody then moved on....arrghhh.....trouble my mind i am....but as a true supporter...im behind the manager....

wenger have to find replacement if he tend to set to the existing arsenal type of 4-4-2 formation with fixed center mid and fast centre drifting winger....few names i can table....davids, ballack, hagreaves, Kallstrom, or Baptista. but i got a sense that he would move Toure up the field and put Sanderos to partner campbell at the back....he used to try toure in that position before and he could do that again....im 50-50 with the darn idea...

but if wenger would sacrifice cover for the defence and prefer more robust style of play which in a way almost similiar manner where what makalele do for chelsea...he can used gilberto for that role and get more attacking minded attacking midfielder in a mold like aimar, totti, guti, deco or emre....this also could be done since who the fa%k thought that wenger would play 5 mid in FA cup final....

basically i dont know.....whatever la wenger....luckly while im at london i bought jersey with henry name instead of viera....actually i was thinking bout sanderos tho' but im short of 5 pound to print the name at that moment....

anyway guys i wont be as often as always in the forum coz im in part of Malaysian expedition taking the land route from london back to kl through hanover, berlin, warsaw, moscow, kazan, umruqi, kunming, vientiene, bangkok and to our capital....wish me safe trip and i hope u guys pray for the best for the club we all love.....amen

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Saga, just wondering what on earth are you doing in Berlin and your trip back to KL is gonna take you years. In fact i didn't even know its possible to connect Berlin to KL via land transport. Wish you all the best!

I just hope Wenger has a good contingency plan coz Vieira will be hard to replace, definitely not Flamini. Remember the year when he sold Petit, Overmars and Anelka and how he ended up empty handed. Hopefully it doesn't happen coz Vieira's departure will leave a big void in the centre. I'm so used to seeing him muscle strikers in the midfield and his towering presence during corner kicks and freekicks. And not to forget those bone crunching tackles, his legs just keep on going. Not to forget the ugly spats with van Nistelrooy, Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Alan Shearer, Mihajlovic and the list goes on. I think Gilberto will play a deeper role while Cesc Fiberglass will play up front more.

s3rge

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
haha saga, gd luck in ur trip and hope ur return to kl safe and sound. Do update us once in a while bout ur progress. Dun forget we just bought hleb, he could be used in midfield altho he'll need some time to get used to the team. Hopefully this season Reyes gonna be consistently scoring gd goals!... :D. Last time i heard something bout buying gattuso. Ehehe.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
What the hell? Saga...what the hell are you doing? Sounds like an insane roadtrip for mentalists.

Anyway, Wenger just might be going to field Flamini and Fabregas really often. I don't see him buying anyone to replace Vieira, not that there is anybody who could.

ROADRAGE

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
.............if wenger wants to sell vieira, i have no qualms but im wondering y he didnt sell vieira last year when his price was like 25mill pounds.....makes no sense selling him 1 year later for a paltry 20 mill euros

whoever wenger buys, im sure hell turn out allright.....reyes better start hitting the back of the net more regularly next season...bergkamp isnt getting any younger!!!

read someewhere that almunia has broken his finger and lehmann is suspended for the 1st 2 CL games so i think lehmann will be looking for a replacement keeper since stack has left the club

good news reyes, cole, senderos and glichy have all signed new contracts

soccernet says baptista to spurs??? when i read that i was like wtf?? with mido, defoe, kanoute, keane all fighting for 2 slots in front, y would they want another striker??

SWP to chelsea..........very dissapointing.....if he came to highbury, his future would have been brighter

saw one of the new kits today in melb today....130 aussie dollars with no printing yet!!! omg!!........that translates to roughly RM390!!! should have done my shopping in KL.....almost every kit i see here is from the AFL....some ^$(&$^&$ rugby league

saga bon voyage

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
i was wondering the same too but my guess is that vieira couldn't agree on the personal terms with real madrid. as much as i hate to say, i do believe arsenal was prepared to sell vieira last season but the media put it in a nicer way that vieira changed his mind because he was loyal and so on but i think its because of personal terms.

i'd fancy van persie to be a natural successor to bergkamp instead of reyes. maybe wenger will play reyes in pires current role, thats the left winger. van persie has got excellent touch, dribbles well and has great finishing. saying this, hopefully he doesn't end up in jail for allegely raping a girl, else his career is over.

gan

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
JB
ganplace.com
haha... viera sold... gone case..arsenal... lost their team leader.... captain also chao.. matilah arsenal

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
allrite gentlemen im back....still no new signing from wenger....geezzz...he better hurry up laaa.....keep me wondering all this time...with the exhaustion of my trip hes not making live better for me....

thanks for all the wishes guys....really help alot to lighten up my almost dead spirit.......grrrr...from berlin i head to warsaw, then bresct, minsk, smolensk, moscow, suzdal, novgorod, kazan and now im at cheney....and i tell г what...russian girls are an easy fish....just bought them russian mineral water (that is vodka) for 130 rubble and ull get 2 bottle (RM1=7russian rubble) and thats it...problem only language...but what the hell....im a pious man :) and its against my religion hahahhahaa.....but not moscow...only the wealthy go to clubs and the girls are hard to come by...heheheh

anyway...ill try to update bout my journey...and wish me luckkk....if im not mistaken....me and my expedition team news can be view in berita harian every sunday....cheers

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
You said you're a pious man and you bought some Vodka, how ironic is that man. Hehehe. Anyways, you haven't missed much. All show but no go. Arsenal doesn't look like they're buying any new players soon. Makes me wonder if they're able to challenge for the title this year. Plus, too many unsettled players on board. Ashley Cole and Pires both doesn't look like they're happy at Arsenal.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Both Arsenal targets, Julio Baptista and Robinho have been signed up by Real Madrid. I'm not sure whats inside Luxembergo mind by signing two attacking players, i mean where is he gonna play ronaldo, owen and raul. I just feel Real Madrid buy players just for the sake of signing them, as it is one galactico every year.

The way i see it, Real Madrid's big problem doesn't lie in the attacking, rather in the defence so they should actually be buying a powerpack defender or at least defensive midfielder. I hope they win nothing again this year.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
get owen... snice real don't want him anymore... hehehe :D then we can play henry off centerfield. :D hehehehehe... damn! what's happening laaa???

arsenal look lost last nite against porto... only on the 2nd half they come alive...

narsil

Mar 1, 2004
Subang J
prodigy said:
Both Arsenal targets, Julio Baptista and Robinho have been signed up by Real Madrid. I'm not sure whats inside Luxembergo mind by signing two attacking players, i mean where is he gonna play ronaldo, owen and raul. I just feel Real Madrid buy players just for the sake of signing them, as it is one galactico every year.

The way i see it, Real Madrid's big problem doesn't lie in the attacking, rather in the defence so they should actually be buying a powerpack defender or at least defensive midfielder. I hope they win nothing again this year.

hahah prodigy i think there biggest problem not only on defence..but the coach ahahah they always buy great players but lousy coaches hahaha...most probably they'll sink again next season...