ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
the problem with arsenal this year wasn't the attacking front but rather the defensive back five(including GK). its true that buying another attacking midfielder/striker isn't the direct solution. in fact i do think what arsenal needs is a solid defensive midfielder or a strong centreback and a goalkeeper.

vieira wasn't quite the hard tackling midfielder last season. he was a pale shadow of his former self and i've got to say the absence of gilberto was felt. if u notice how much more solid arsenal looked when gilberto return, only u realise vieira's performance hinges also on gilberto. its no surprise gilberto is a world cup winner. flamini showed talent but lacks experience. we need a consistent goalkeeper as almunia was a real joke. lehmann was good but was inconsistent and only showed some form towards the end of the season.

on top of that, robinho is a real talent! wenger might not be needing him right away now but he's the one for the future. give him 20 odds game per year and by the time he's 20, he'll take the world by storm. i do think he'll fit in well because he's got pace and flair. this 2 talent is what every player need to have in order to fit into the EPL. besides, u've got to take the opportunities when he's available.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
weh... realistically, EU$100mill for robinho? are they mad for that asking price? ehehehehe.. it's a joke aaa.

anyway, i think hleb will fit in well with reyes and henry.

yes.. goalkeeper and centerback!! somebody get on the phone and offer for Lucio! :P hehehehe

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I love Robinho. In fact I love Brazillian players (most of them anyway). They are the type of players which makes this game great. The skill, the flair, the wanton joy of playing, you can see it in their faces.

That's why I would rather see them playing in Spain. Somehow I don't think they would work out as well in the English game. How many Brazillians have made the transition to the EPL and be successful? I can think of a couple of defenders and midfielders and only one attacker. For their sake and for the love of football and footballing talent, I'd prefer for them to blossom in Spain.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
agreed, there aren't many brazilian doing well in the EPL. in fact, i'd say the south americans don't normally do well in the EPL. just look at diego forlan. took him like 30 matches before he scored his debut goal. when he jumped over to villareal, he was the top scorer there and the league.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
the jersey is abit darker in actual. its very much maroon, something like AS Roma color. got it for RM220.

ch1ck3n

Known Member
Oct 16, 2004
prodigy said:
the problem with arsenal this year wasn't the attacking front but rather the defensive back five(including GK). its true that buying another attacking midfielder/striker isn't the direct solution. in fact i do think what arsenal needs is a solid defensive midfielder or a strong centreback and a goalkeeper.

vieira wasn't quite the hard tackling midfielder last season. he was a pale shadow of his former self and i've got to say the absence of gilberto was felt. if u notice how much more solid arsenal looked when gilberto return, only u realise vieira's performance hinges also on gilberto. its no surprise gilberto is a world cup winner. flamini showed talent but lacks experience. we need a consistent goalkeeper as almunia was a real joke. lehmann was good but was inconsistent and only showed some form towards the end of the season.

on top of that, robinho is a real talent! wenger might not be needing him right away now but he's the one for the future. give him 20 odds game per year and by the time he's 20, he'll take the world by storm. i do think he'll fit in well because he's got pace and flair. this 2 talent is what every player need to have in order to fit into the EPL. besides, u've got to take the opportunities when he's available.
robinho is 21 if i am not mistaken

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
shit, i always thought robinho was only 17 years old.

i think hleb is almost confirm, just waiting for permit and medical check up only. havent seen this guy in action but from the description on soccernet, he seems like an attacking midfielder. someone in the mould of ronaldinho. ok, i might have exxagerated hleb but maybe someone in the mould of scholes, lampard or xabi alonso. someone able to string together that killer pass.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
Helb is confirmed dude...its in Arsenal.com but depend on health/fitness check...anyway he started at his ol' club as a right wanker but after the era of balakov he moved behind the striker...didnt score much goal tho' but lots of assists....probably a direct replacement air filter to bergkamp....hehehe

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
bergkamp's a striker but due to his age, wenger has slowly pushed him further back as an assist striker/playmaker or quite simply 'the bergkamp' role. i expect hleb to be in the thick of action like what lampard or xabi alonso is. industrious and creative while dishing out some exquisite pass. but maybe he won't feature that soon yet as i think gilberto and vieira still has a big role in arsenal. in fact, i'm not surprise if wenger decides to switch hleb to the flanks or even some sweeper role but i do think hleb is a direct replacement to edu and i'm just thinking if wenger will play him sparringly first. hopefully hleb doesn't end up like a francis jeffers or van bronckhorst.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton has just introduced a new variant of the Saga FL that will be powered by the 1.6-liter Campro IAFM engine and will only cost RM3,700 more over the 1.3-liter Saga FL Executive at RM46,549.

The 1.6-liter Saga FL will only be available in solid white and with an automatic transmission with bookings commencing immediately. The more powerful model will be distinguished by new alloy wheels and a decorative...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience