ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Hopefully he doesn't follow the Jermaine Pennant route. You never know, young men's are must susceptible at around 16 to 18 years old. Thats when they turn out to be really bad or really good. I suppose Wenger will be a fatherly figure to Walcott. Besides, Wenger have a pretty decent track record of grooming young players into superstars, and not make them into jailbirds or alcoholics.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Duke Red said:
Yeah playing in sub zero temperatures is not only hard on the players but it makes it bloody hard for us TV viewers to see as well! All you see if a bloody red ball flying flying about.
I have a friend who's studying medical in Russia, said there's no football in Moscow. I mean the teenagers are no where to be seen on the football pitch, I was kinda shocked, and I think it's been 1 or 2 years since his last game, and his last football game was at Malaysia I think, before he went there. My God, he said they can't help it since everyday is like Christmas over there.

I think he mentioned there's no futsal arena too. Shocking.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
prodigy said:
Hopefully he doesn't follow the Jermaine Pennant route. You never know, young men's are must susceptible at around 16 to 18 years old. Thats when they turn out to be really bad or really good. I suppose Wenger will be a fatherly figure to Walcott. Besides, Wenger have a pretty decent track record of grooming young players into superstars, and not make them into jailbirds or alcoholics.

Pennant would want to forget his time with Arsenal, he was still young and couldn't prove he's better than Ljungberg, Pires, or even Wiltord. And, when that frustration creeps in, he couldn't be interested anymore. So, he will have alot to prove when Liverpool travels to Emirates stadium. Young players are like that, they will be spiced up whenever they meet their ex-employers who didn't have much faith in them.

Walcott will be better than Reyes, I believe. Coz Reyes has too much "love" for Real Madrid. He's spanish and will not reject the chance of being among the big names of Real. Fabregas will leave too, when he's 27/28 years old, that is the time where he will feel he has achieved much with Gunners, and will try to establish his international career at Spain, maybe taking over the captain's armband by that time. Look at Hagreaves for an example. And SPL is the top, top league in the world.

Wenger being a father... Hehe, for those french players mostly, with the likes of Clichy, young Vieira & Henry, Anelka. VP still got "ichy" and went to kacau girls, that must have pissed Wenger. Haha.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Not being negative, but I have already said we were in deep shit. Now, I am correct again, there's no potential with a back four consists of an untested Djourou, and a right footed left back in Hoyte.

I am ashamed by Hoyte's performance. It's an embarrasment for himself, and also for the rest of the Gunners. We already have Cygan, we don't need another joker in defence. That kind of defending will only make SAF and Mourinho laugh at us. Not being harsh on a youngster, but THIS IS EPL football.

Again, the strength of Arsenal is the weakness at the same time. Too many passes WILL only make the opponent happy. It's unrealistic way of playing football.

The only positive thing I can take away from this defeat is: There's less show boating by Arsenal, coz VP was much more willing to shoot, when Adebayor would usually make passes, since his shooting is rather disappointing. And Rosicky looked lively too. We will have to depend alot on him, since Ljungberg is injury proned.

Overall, I would be happy if Arsenal are able to keep some distance away from the likes of Spurs, Newcastle away from the 4th spot. We need money from the Champions League, we need it more than the EPL title. Looking into the future, Emirates stadium is the opportunity for us to gain more revenue on ticket sales, repay the debt, and also attract big names consistently during the close-season.

Looking at this defeat, Wenger should be alerted that they could also lose as many games as the 11 we lost last term, or even more. It's frustrating, we faced the physical limitations last season, and then there's a new concern when the other problem hasn't been solved yet.

Henry looked rusty, and we would have won if he's on 100%. However, I don't like the discussions that Henry is the focalpoint. I never liked it, because it shows we have another weak point in the team. And then, he often switch off that turbocharger during big occasions.

We will have to be patient and wait for this young team to come through.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Fuck man. I was way too calm and way too cool in my last post. I have lost my head now. That was a joke, a god-damned joke.

You know how Man. City performed before this game? They played like shit really, a team that has Ben Thatcher in it doesn't deserve any victory. And yet, Arsenal found themselves losing like that. It is a pathetic result.

I don't care about any fantastic passing when you can't keep up with the pace of the leader. How many years do we need to take to regain the title? I would say another 3 years, which is a focking long time, and of course you are right that I am going berserk and emotional again. I do throw anything that I have with me at the TV all the time.

Bullshit performance by Henry, but I would defend him by saying he came back late from WC, which is absolutely true.

Hoyte? He can eat shit. You know how old that Trevor Sinclair is? I am betting he's 30+ already. A 19 or maybe 20 years old was outplayed by an ex-England international joker? Come on, he's quick but just not good enough, especially when he's getting old. Good players show great stuff at the age of 19, and Hoyte showed that to us. 3 fatal mistakes.

I am angry because I know that this defeat will disturb the atmosphere in our camp. And that will only disrupt our progress and make it difficult in the coming matches. Opponents will understand our game plan, and there will always be this fear creeping into players' mind. No doubt.

Really feel better after being myself.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
well... i didnt finish watching the game, but i would say henry and his fellow attacking players should take their chances. They kinda linger wit the ball way to long, or rather, undecided what to do, by then, the entire rival defence already creep back to pack up the 6 yrd box.

RVP's shot that went off the post was cool.. wasted. Other than that, i tot Henry could have scored... many times.

Gonna take awhile for the Gunners to crank up the barrels.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Yepp, VP is one of the very few positives that I can take away from that game. His shot is always the fiercest among Arsenal players, always great to watch, and his goal against Ivory Coast was absolutely super-duper stuff.

Arsenal's bad luck won't come to an end so soon, with so many shots when agonisingly close, it's desperation period for us. 2 games have gone by and we scored just one goal, and conceded shameful goals. They would find themselves being desperate again, it could be another dog fight with Newcastle, Spurs, or even Villa for the last CL spot. From invincibles to a midtable team (I'll ignore those ineffective passing ability).

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Yea, but we do need CL money, coz there's alot of debt to be repaid. CL football is a must, where 38 games in EPL are guranteed.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
me here la..

senyap a bit since AW also keeping quite... will we sign anyone? haih... damn!

just get gallas or kaladze.. get rid of reyes a.s.a.p and play cole again.

jeez....

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
me bz la playing winning eleven.....trying to pass the ball into goal while playing against man u.....cannot laaaaa......ahahhaaa

no la im actually just came back from london teaching hleb how to shoot.....hahahaaa

anyway wanna buy arsenal jersey 2mollow.....who should i wear....?

1) Adam 6
2) Cesc 4
4) Henry 14
5) Rosicky 7

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Welcome back :) Nice to see you all again.

Saga Continue said:
me bz la playing winning eleven.....trying to pass the ball into goal while playing against man u.....cannot laaaaa......ahahhaaa

no la im actually just came back from london teaching hleb how to shoot.....hahahaaa

anyway wanna buy arsenal jersey 2mollow.....who should i wear....?

1) Adam 6
2) Cesc 4
4) Henry 14
5) Rosicky 7
see who you like ma. I would go for Bergkamp, if I had the money.

Don't see Wenger signing anybody, coz Reyes and Cole don't seem to be leaving afterall. Don't know it's good or bad.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I can't see the benefits of keeping disgruntled or unsettled players like Cashley Cole and Jose Realyes.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Nice nicknames.

Don't know about Reyes. But when Cole played for us, after the 'tapping up' incident, he was committed though. Probably because of the place in England squad.

I don't love them too. But options aren't too many, since Mourinho has too much ego to sell Gallas to Arsenal.

Maybe some good news will pop up before we start the count down?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I'd put my money in Cole leaving Arsenal to Chelsea tomorrow. By 12pm Malaysian time tomorrow, you will see soccernet reporting it. I think Mourinho is just playing the waiting game. Was reading soccernet few weeks back and i kinda agree with one article that says Mourinho will probably confirm Ashley Cole on the very last day of the window so that Arsenal have no time to buy new backups.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
And i've been away for 5 days. Went to Thailand for a holiday but Arsenal was still very much part of me even when i'm there. I was at a discotheque in Thailand and while the trance music were blazing away, they actually had 3 big screens that were showing the Arsenal/Man City game. It was fun hanging out with hot Thai chics but when mood still not there knowing Arsenal lost the game.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Recommend me your job after I got my degree okay? I want a job with 5 days of holiday too. And I want the trip to Thailand also, I'll contact you once I got my degree 2 years later... See you then.

Those Thai chics maybe guys, sometimes you have to touch abit to make sure they are original stuffs you know....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

PLSSSSSSSS HELPPPPPP !!!!!!!!:adore::adore::adore::mad::mad::mad:

Hi to all sifu currently driving a milo tin Wira. I feel damn noisy when entering uneven road. im running with adjustable n i need sound proof material. I feel damn damn solid driving after putting up UR bars :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but the noise haisssshhhh terrible lah :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:...( JB, Bakar Batu n Permas road making me headache with traffic jam n uneven road )

i heard bout...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience