ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Maybe Baptista won't take such a long time to settle in. Its good that he has a few friend in Arsenal and that'll help him settle in fast.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I think Baptista is pretty similar like Paul Scholes, operating the high end of the midfield and acting as a secondary striker. He may be rotated with Fabregas or even Adebayor. But i'd hate to see him replacing Van Persie coz VP is a special talent and he needs more games under the belt.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
Van Persie is a much lightweight player yet aggresive. Yeap, similar with paul scholes. He too enjoys shooting from distance.

I'm sure he can get the goals for Arsenal as he's a no nonsense type of midfielder.

Based on the previous 2 matches, Arsenal passed too much and Henry seemed jaded to me.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
thteh86 said:
it seems that arsenal are full with good midfielders now...

Baptista, Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Walcott....etc

If i'm not mistaken, Baptista can also play as a striker
Having all the best midfielders in the world is useless, important is to get them to gel together and work as a unit.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
VP definitely needs more and more games, he needs to play at least 45 or 50 games per season, including all the EPL games. It's time for VP to come through, he showed he's worth a starting place during the Man City game, as Adebayor just couldn't get shots on target.

Hleb still needs to polish his passings, not close to being a world class yet. Reyes and Bergkamp had the highest assist ratings, so alot are depending on Walcott, Hleb, and Fabregas to deliver the goods for Henry, VP.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
EPL is attracting lots of lots of investment. Started off by Abramovich, now many multi-millionaires are attracted by the English clubs.

Edited: Arsenal have signed Denilson, an under-19 Brazilian international. Wonder which position he plays, very little is reported in arsenal.com.

Last edited:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
EPL is now THE place to be. Before that, Real Madrid and Barcelone used to attract some of the best players. And then Juventus and AC Milan too signed some super stars. Now the EPL is the place where players wanna play. Even Tevez has came out to say West Ham is a club he wants to play. Wonder would he say that 2 years back when West Ham was fighting in the division 1. As for Arsenal's new signing, not much info about him too. Apparently he's a midfielder. Most likely he'll be loaned out to a club to gain experience.

Was watching the Brazil vs Argentina game. Nice flowing game. Argentina continued where they left in the World Cup by stringing together lots of neat passes and super one touch play. Messi, Tevez and Riquelme links up nicely. However, the finishing is where they're the poorest whereby the young strikers could not take the chances. A new look Brazil on the other hand didn't start off that well but were excellent at the counter attack. They've forego their samba style game and instead play a more direct approach. In the end, they won 3-0 and Argentina must have been so gutted whereby they controlled the game but were left for dead with 2 superb counter attack. Kaka's 3rd goal was simply stunning. He stole the ball from an Argentina player near Brazil's penalty box. Took the ball right from his own half to the Argentina box and jinked past one defender and sloted the ball past the keeper. He's such a good player. Great pace, nice dribbling and finishes ever so cool.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Yeah, boyish good looks. AC Milan probably have not exploited this part of Kaka to gain some money from promotions, like how Man Utd milked the fans thru Beckham.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
prodigy said:
They've forego their samba style game and instead play a more direct approach
This is what they get for employing a tough tackling centre defender like Dunga as manager. He wasn't exactly known for his style or finess. I didn't watch the game but it's always sad when Brazil abandon the Samba. They did it under that cunt Scolari before and it was awful to watch.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
That was indeed a super goal from Kaka, the argentine player who lost the ball to Kaka was actually Messi. Sad to see Messi miscontrolled a ball and allowed Kaka to run past him. Messi should be very disappointed.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Duke Red said:
This is what they get for employing a tough tackling centre defender like Dunga as manager. He wasn't exactly known for his style or finess. I didn't watch the game but it's always sad when Brazil abandon the Samba. They did it under that cunt Scolari before and it was awful to watch.
That cunt won them the World Cup.

A few times before that. They played samba and got nowhere. Then in USA they abandoned samba and won. And again in Korea/Japan.

But to be honest, it wasn't so bad under Scolari, It wasn't all out samba, but they played attacking football and wasn't negative. I think it is more about embracing how the game is played today. You need to secure the fort before you can launch attacks.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Brazil didn't play samba this World Cup but still played like shit and lost.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
And Croatia should have won the 1st match, had they not finish the chances like crabs.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
prodigy said:
Brazil didn't play samba this World Cup but still played like shit and lost.
That's more to do with the stars not showing up.

Think it was more of them getting caught up in their own hype. They thought they could just show up and walk it.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Yeah, these Brazilian stars were treated like superstars wherever they go. Remember they had that pre tournament training in some small town in Switzerland. They were literally treated like some kinda demi God and people were all over them during training sessions. It went to some extent that the hotel that these Brazilians live in did not clean up the mess of the Brazilians player and were charging some insane fees for other people to stay in it. And then there was this barber that kept Ronaldinho's locks. With the amount of publicity, i guess the Brazilians were not in the right frame of mind to play. They were already superstars before the match started so its no surprise they didn't fare too well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

short story of my problem.

I bought a used hyundai starex about 3 months ago.

received the car on Tuesday and on saturday went for long trip and found the temperature rising. sent the car back to dealer and they sent to workshop. they changed the head gasket which took almost 3 months ( I just received the car back today.)

today refueled the car and see thick white smoke coming out. checked the radiator water while running and can see bubbles now. so workshop said need to return back to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience