Anything for Satria Neo?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Melvin

Aug 16, 2005
PJ
i just wan 2 see if there is anything to mod neo...bodykits...spoiler...?Fancy stuff?

acwa238

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Alex, cant wait for you to try out your new Satria. Probably the first one among us getting it.

Congrats!

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
1st thing... pls throw the fugly rims away! Or better still... donate it! Yucks!

dub.helix

Known Member
May 19, 2006
anyone know whats the PCD for neo? or is it just the same as the wira's and satria's.....

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
hehe.. dub.helix, read my signature. the spec of Neo's rim is in my signature.

acbc & fstrader bro, yeah, i know the rims are ugly, and that is why i'm looking for new sets of rims. got lobang boh? hehehe...

acwa238

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
What about the lowered spring? Is it the same as the normal proton's?

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
simi lowered spring? what do you mean?

if i'm not wrong, the neo is quite low already, although can be lowered more, but i feel it is just a waste of money and won't change it at this point in time... maybe in future if my ride needs better springs...

acwa238

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Sorry, was mentioning about modified lowered springs to lower the car.

I don't think it's low enough... Compare your signature neo to the normal neo photos and you'd be surprised by how much more you can go lower, at least 2 to 3 fingers. For 16inch rims I think ok la for now, but if you plan to have 17" or 18", your car will really rise man...

Oh Alex, one more question, what spec you getting for your neo? Red colour? And do you know your signature neo's front bumper actually belongs to a ford fiesta? You can actually get that from most chop shop and custom made it to fit your neo.

Last edited:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Since it is a new car with Lotus handling... don't touch the suspension. Just opt for rim upgrade. U can opt for Jap used rims if budget permits or alternatively, opt for new Avanti rims. As for design, it depends on ur taste n theme.

On the performance side, keep it stock until the warranty expires. Or u can consult Gen2 owners since the car shares the same engine n drivetrain.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
alexklg said:
hehe.. dub.helix, read my signature. the spec of Neo's rim is in my signature.

acbc & fstrader bro, yeah, i know the rims are ugly, and that is why i'm looking for new sets of rims. got lobang boh? hehehe...

lex bro, i got another set of those honda type R rims, this one is pcd 114. white in kaler with the H word in red. pm lor if interested! ehhehehehe :p

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
acwa238, i got the highest spec, 1.6 HL, midnight blue which looks like black... under the sun can only see a hint of blue. other than that, it is practically black.
The front bumper arh? hmm.. okok, will check out the chop shops around JB see whether got such bumpers boh...

acbc bro, yeah.. i agree with you on the suspension. i will not touch the suspension. will only change the rims and maybe the brakes... kekeke... budget i am looking around 2-3k. but will want to keep it as minimal as possible depending on the style of the rims... and about the performance, thanx for the info. i was wondering on how to upgrade my engine when the warranty expires.

fstrader bro, tak minat honda rim leh... hehehe... it looks cool with white coloured cars... but mine black... dun think white rims will go well with my car... thanx for the offer though. =)

dub.helix

Known Member
May 19, 2006
Went to the dealer today to finalize the deal on car. There were abt 6 midnight blues, 2 whites and 2 reds; waiting for their respective owners. Then i was told by the dealer that since the launch majority of customers (including me) opt for midnight blue. If midnight blue was the color of my choice then, 1 month plus is the time i have to wait. What's the next best color do you guys fancy besides midnight blue? just curious to know......

alexklg: ah yes only now i realized your signature pic! PCD 114...sweet

acwa238

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
acbc said:
Since it is a new car with Lotus handling... don't touch the suspension. Just opt for rim upgrade. U can opt for Jap used rims if budget permits or alternatively, opt for new Avanti rims. As for design, it depends on ur taste n theme.

On the performance side, keep it stock until the warranty expires. Or u can consult Gen2 owners since the car shares the same engine n drivetrain.
Yea I agree with you as well, normally you wouldn't wanna modified anything that goes against the warranty issues. :_:

fastcx

Jul 14, 2006
just got my neo yesterday evening!!drive it for few hours from puchong to klang n back,for power,theres potential in it if modified!js notice theres sudden dip in power around 1900-2100rpm..power windows fine,i like those small details proton focus in,for more info on those details js ask hehe :mouth_closed: for d meter that shows current millage can change the mod to show how many L/100km for current driving style,how long has the engine start,how many km left to next refuel!i luv it!for ride,the suspension is great!not quite hard for spring,shock absorber allow me to go over bump without much "sinking" motion!for more info js ask or pm me

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
For engine swap after the warranty expires, u can ask those Gen2Club guys... who dumped Evo4-7 engines into the Gen2 bay with almost no mods to chassis or mounting. If not, a GSR will do. However, expect prices of Evo4-7 or GSR halfcuts to go up in 1-2 years when demand is high.

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
wooo... better buy one now? hahah.. i also got my neo yesterday evening... as fastcx says, there is a slight power loss at low range rpm... other than that it is ok. Didn't rev much... kept below 3k rpm... everything is quite alright... but there are some stuff which might be a setback.... no ciggy tray!! not that i'm a smoker but i need the tray for my coins! hehehe... another thing is the seatbelts. I got the manual version.. so i do sit slightly further to the front so that i can easily depress the clutch. however, i have to put a lot of effort to reach back and pull my seatbelt. it is quite far behind... need to mod that area slightly... put a bracket or something to the seat... anyway, on the whole, the driving experience is good. the suspension is very taut.. little body rolls, smooth enough to go over bumps but hard enough to give you a sporty feel.

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
guys,

congrats for getting your nice , new rides!

cudnt agree more with acbc, regarding the suspension n handling...as it is tuned by lotus, it is wise to leave it as stocks...as i've already experienced with mine...even expensive ones cudnt give a perfect balance of ride and handling as the stocks...now back to stock and happy with the settings...

anyway, the OEM ones had never betrayed me...as fast as i dare going into turns, they will obey, as long as the line is correct...and no pasir or oil whatsoever...

for the rims...............heheh..as u guys agreed...they're the first ones to go. but i guess the tires are good...continental for stocks, huh?..not bad at all...

they'll look good in 18"...as featured on Neo Desire and Symphony...

as for the feel of "power-lacking" in lower revs, its a normal behaviour for stock campro...as the power band is in mid range, 3500-5500 or so rpm. as long as u keep the engine revving around there, u wont be dissapointed...

and power windows should come with 5 year warranty, if the salesman forgot to highlight...

if there's anyone around subang/usj is interested, do drop by to our showroom at giant, usj 1...will be more than glad to assist...or just drop by for TT...a few guys here are quite good about mods/engine transplant...evenn though most of us are married and driving stock standard rides....the fire is very much still burnin'!

cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

FOCAL POINT would like to wish all our Muslim customers and supporters Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Thank you all the support, patronage and confidence in Tufoil. We also would like to wish all of you a safe and a pleasant ' Balik Kampong '. Cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience