Anyone using ATR Sport tyre here ?

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
If I have a tight budget, I may use it again. Of course depending on the availability. Don't want to drive too far from where I'm staying just to get those tires. If I have better budget, I'd go for better tires.

WilsonTHarv

Jul 14, 2016
Well, any businesses for that matter, will sell or deal with what makes $$. If that model does not make much, they rather sell other brands and models. Try Hankook then......:driver:
Or you can try a new tyre brand that is cheap. I tried the higher end model in my VR and they are not bad. The tyres are Land Golden from Thailand...
http://www./newforums/showthread.php?t=463555
The LG17 model for your size....

http://www./newforums/showthread.php?t=463852
I tried the LG27
Thanks for the recommendation , will check it out =)

If really want ATR Sport at least buy the ATR Sport 2, which already has some improvement (less compound separation). Don't buy the old first version la.
There is ATR Sport 2 ? didnt heard about that before ... will ask for this one instead , so the ATR Sport they selling now are old stock maybe ?

Was on ATR (4 x 225/45/18) and ATR 2 (2 x 225/45/18 and 2 x 235/45/18) before moving to PS4.

If you're on a budget and would like to get the best of beginner performance and comfort (which doesn't last long) then you can always give it a try.

Noise level increases over time primarily because of it being directional and harder compound. They tend to crack in between threads after more than a year of use.

Does the job unless you're a Vin Diesel wannabe on the streets. :rofl:
Hahaha nah , its for my daily beater , will put lot of kilometers thru the year but will not see any crazy high speed runs .

im using atr sport and also atr sport 2 on my airtrek .. so far no crack no peeling after few years of using.. its a good quality based on its price.. but on 150 buck per piece i would recommend to get a maxxis victra ipro.. grip as good as re003 with a cheaper price.. mind telling us what your car is?
As good as 003 ? will definitely check it out , only heard Maxxis for its 4x4 tyres =P

Its for a old Hyundai Accent with aftermarket 15" 7J width wheels

Since you are at budget,

I got my 195/45R15 at RM110.00 at Klang ( Got it on Jan 2017, Year made middle 2016 )

Review after using ATR Sport I and II ( Size, 15, 17, 18 )
- Side of the tyre wear off faster than middle
- Wet and Dry traction ok
- After 2 years under hot sun, will have crack easily as compared to other brands.
- After 2 years under hot sun, compound will be much harder as compared to other brands.
- My friend tyre did burst even it was new
- Overall : Budget tyre, budget expectation.
It that tyre can last for two years im a happy man already , dont expect much from it , just wanna make sure it is roadworthy & safe to use , cause i saw some strange brand somekind like delinte or so tyre burst and cause the vehicle to loss control with my own eye . i've seen many people installed it on thier car , mostly on huge size wheels like 18" upwards , the price is dirt cheap prehaps .

If I have a tight budget, I may use it again. Of course depending on the availability. Don't want to drive too far from where I'm staying just to get those tires. If I have better budget, I'd go for better tires.
Yup , i have the exact same though , as this tyres is for my daily beater , i wouldn't want to spend alot on it so im looking for a budget tyre yet roadworthy & safe to use .

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
im using atr sport and also atr sport 2 on my airtrek turbo.. so far no crack no peeling after few years of using.. its a good quality based on its price.. but on 150 buck per piece i would recommend to get a maxxis victra ipro.. grip as good as re003 with a cheaper price.. mind telling us what your car is?
maxxis victra ipro, the design looks good.
but I hardly see this tyre, is it new or relatively old design?

I used ATR sport before, cheap and decent.
noisy..

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Since you are at budget,

I got my 195/45R15 at RM110.00 at Klang ( Got it on Jan 2017, Year made middle 2016 )

Review after using ATR Sport I and II ( Size, 15, 17, 18 )
- Side of the tyre wear off faster than middle
- Wet and Dry traction ok
- After 2 years under hot sun, will have crack easily as compared to other brands.
- After 2 years under hot sun, compound will be much harder as compared to other brands.
- My friend tyre did burst even it was new
- Overall : Budget tyre, budget expectation.
195/45R15 at RM110.00 at Klang , wow..
what tyre is this?

I bought mine at RM210, kumbo PS31

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There is ATR Sport 2 ? didnt heard about that before ... will ask for this one instead , so the ATR Sport they selling now are old stock maybe ?
The ATR Sports and Sports 2 are selling hand in hand, even though Sports 2 is newer. Initially Sports 2 came only in 17" and above, now have 15 and 16 inch also. Whether they discon ATR Sports in future we are not sure, but both are still being sold....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
maxxis victra ipro, the design looks good.
but I hardly see this tyre, is it new or relatively old design?

I used ATR sport before, cheap and decent.
noisy..
Maxxis is Taiwanese. Their famous model was the MA-Z1. ipro also quite a few years already, now actually got other new model but not so well known in Malaysian market

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Maxxis is Taiwanese. Their famous model was the MA-Z1. ipro also quite a few years already, now actually got other new model but not so well known in Malaysian market
I see, I notice the price in KL is much affordable as compare in Johor.
Johor price is relatively steep..
RM300+, you be only getting indo/Malaysia made tyre.

the other area that can consider is Singapore.
Kumho 225/45/17 going for RM330, korea
Japan, Dunlop for RM360

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
195/50R15 at RM110.00 at Klang , wow.. - Correction on tyre size
what tyre is this?

I bought mine at RM210, kumbo PS31
ATR Sport 1

Last edited:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Bro. loose_end must be taking a lot of fast corners......hhahhahahha:biggrin:
I would say that it is the product cons ( Although I maintained sufficient air pressure )
- Same thing happened for my 195/45/15 , 215/xx/17 , 265/xx/18 - Different car tho

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I see, I notice the price in KL is much affordable as compare in Johor.
Johor price is relatively steep..
RM300+, you be only getting indo/Malaysia made tyre.

the other area that can consider is Singapore.
Kumho 225/45/17 going for RM330, korea
Japan, Dunlop for RM360
JB cost of living also higher......lol
Some Malacca friends also prefer to buy from KL.....:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
The ATR Sports and Sports 2 are selling hand in hand, even though Sports 2 is newer. Initially Sports 2 came only in 17" and above, now have 15 and 16 inch also. Whether they discon ATR Sports in future we are not sure, but both are still being sold....
pray hard, PS4 come with 15 inch. :driver:

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Now using ATR Sport 2 for size 225/45/18.
More quiet and softer compare to ATR Sport.
Not bad for a RM340 per piece.
Ofkos dun compare to the high end brand la:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Newbie here. I plant to install 4G92 MIVEC to my 2005 Hyundai accent. Does anyone of u done/seen this kind of transplant? I'm not sure whether it'll fit the chasis or not.

What should I do? need your advise. thx! a picture of a succesful transplant into a Hyundai Accent would be helpful.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience