Anybody here overturn while drifting?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sexycar

4,000 RPM
:o anybody here overturn your car before while drifting??
I've seen lotsa clips of cars overturning while drifting...
looks pretty scary, any real life experience here?

over turn is normal for drift kaki larr

overturn means you car goes flying in the air, 4 tyres facing sky turning and sliding, or just 4 tyres still stick on the road and turn??

:blink: :blink: I think he meant 4 wheels facing the sky..
I don't think this ever happened.

actu i did...but it weren't facing da sky.....was lying on da side....left me a scar on my wrist coz i left da window open & i had 2 protect my face...need 2 cari makan maa :lol:

waaa keng..
which car?ur present car ar?
long time din see u around..

what i learned before is it is very hard to turn turtle a car. The friction created by skidding can't overcome the car weight and shift the centre of gravity.

The only time the car will turn while skidding is, if the tires skid and hit a curb, or an uneven projection from the ground, halting the tires' progress, and the weight on top of the car continues to pummel forward, thus un-balancing it. then the car overturns.

or like the movies (stunt) the tire air pressure is insufficient, hence the car presses down on the tires, the rims hit the road and the car turns over...

only in these two scenarios.

don't shoot me... it's what i've learned from the defensive driving course from drivewise.

so, can drift as much as you all can

yalo, dont think it'll overturn de la...er...maybe kancil or kenari can la :P

Originally posted by bornzreign@Aug 11 2004, 12:56 AM
waaa keng..
which car?ur present car ar?
long time din see u around..
hey...miss u too :P .....doin my internship now, i'll b seeing ya next sem ;) ...

nope, was my dads ride....MR c20 :lol: ........

Originally posted by tofu@Aug 11 2004, 12:57 PM
what i learned before is it is very hard to turn turtle a car. The friction created by skidding can't overcome the car weight and shift the centre of gravity.

The only time the car will turn while skidding is, if the tires skid and hit a curb, or an uneven projection from the ground, halting the tires' progress, and the weight on top of the car continues to pummel forward, thus un-balancing it. then the car overturns.

or like the movies (stunt) the tire air pressure is insufficient, hence the car presses down on the tires, the rims hit the road and the car turns over...

don't shoot me... it's what i've learned from the defensive driving course from drivewise.

Drivewise? Hmmmm..... <_< <_< <_<
Did the drivewise instructor tell you that?

Yupe not normal for car to overturn while drifting, but still, it MIGHT happen.

understeer la bro..

:P oh well....

overturned while drifting....accidently drift...the rear left tyre was a bald spare...goin downwhile, tapping the brakes caused the rear to came out...the car turned turtle hitting an embankment....

one brand new ford ranger extreme off the list..

AAA0106.jpg

puffcurry.
taht was whp's yranger?
yours?

alantan,
Ure signature sure brings back 'fond' memories. i total lossed my first car dats exactly like ures. In ure signature position, understeered n hit a curb and pusing 180' then terbalik in the small forest. wow, what an experience!!! luckyly I came out with only some scratch. Otherwise I cannot prove i had an accident. ahahhaa... Fun car to play with only understeer alot.

hmmmm i don't there is any other car will topple easily rather then my JUARA>> hehehehehe wanna try??

wah...dun scare me like dat ler...i still want to enter the drift event...

tofu said:

Yes you are right about it. but remember it does not applies to High CG vehicles and sometimes small cars....as they have little weight thus once it goes sideways and return the physics may have enough force to push the car upward thus no correction may mean ending up turning over, with the right recipe anything can and may happen...enjoy drifting but be safe.....

driftcraze1 said:
Yes you are right about it. but remember it does not applies to High CG vehicles and sometimes small cars....as they have little weight thus once it goes sideways and return the physics may have enough force to push the car upward thus no correction may mean ending up turning over, with the right recipe anything can and may happen...enjoy drifting but be safe.....

yup...i think it all depends on the camber settings and the tyre profile when it comes to drifting. i really don't think a drift car can easily topple... maybe if u drift an hit the curb, then maybe u'll fly 360.

'logically' i not think the car can overturn
like a sifu post above

when drifting the wheel already lost traction
so there basically not enough traction to 'overturn' the car....

anyway.. accident do happened.. maybe u slide too much and hit the curb beside the road
and result u get overturn...

plz correct me if i wrong.. my knoledge very 'shallow' :D

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom