Anybody here overturn while drifting?

driftcraze1

Feb 9, 2004
tofu said:
what i learned before is it is very hard to turn turtle a car. The friction created by skidding can't overcome the car weight and shift the centre of gravity.

The only time the car will turn while skidding is, if the tires skid and hit a curb, or an uneven projection from the ground, halting the tires' progress, and the weight on top of the car continues to pummel forward, thus un-balancing it. then the car overturns.

or like the movies (stunt) the tire air pressure is insufficient, hence the car presses down on the tires, the rims hit the road and the car turns over...

only in these two scenarios.

don't shoot me... it's what i've learned from the defensive driving course from drivewise.

so, can drift as much as you all can

Yes you are right about it. but remember it does not applies to High CG vehicles and sometimes small cars....as they have little weight thus once it goes sideways and return the physics may have enough force to push the car upward thus no correction may mean ending up turning over, with the right recipe anything can and may happen...enjoy drifting but be safe.....

goosfrabar

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Pee Jay
Visit site
driftcraze1 said:
Yes you are right about it. but remember it does not applies to High CG vehicles and sometimes small cars....as they have little weight thus once it goes sideways and return the physics may have enough force to push the car upward thus no correction may mean ending up turning over, with the right recipe anything can and may happen...enjoy drifting but be safe.....

yup...i think it all depends on the camber settings and the tyre profile when it comes to drifting. i really don't think a drift car can easily topple... maybe if u drift an hit the curb, then maybe u'll fly 360.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
'logically' i not think the car can overturn
like a sifu post above

when drifting the wheel already lost traction
so there basically not enough traction to 'overturn' the car....

anyway.. accident do happened.. maybe u slide too much and hit the curb beside the road
and result u get overturn...

plz correct me if i wrong.. my knoledge very 'shallow' :D

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
well.. i guess most of our car weight and height is not sufficient to SUCCEED an overturn gua.. unless ur car's shape's a loaf of bread.. lol!

but i still suggest wat i normally do before i perform some stuns on that turn.. lol.. i always drive once there and check for holes and UNPAINTED BUMPS!!! beware of these type of surprises mann.. lol.. might cause u to UFO.. lol..

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
never turtle-backed any car that I had or have before... but gone 360 X2.5 before... :|

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
SNIFF SNIFFF.. MY CAR BANG LA TODAY.. lol..

my loupo was "drifting" nicely till it skeeEEEed.. sighhh.. bang on divider..
one month no car d.... miss two OTS d.. cham cham...

THE MORAL OF UR STORY IS....

dun drift FF in wet condition.. not enough torque to push it back to the drift route..

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
wenshen,
aiyo...go rent a car and drift la this thursday! did u pay william yet? can drift...just have to be more careful next time ya. i've also hit a curb while drifting in an iswara rental car, result: blew the front passenger tyre. chill la bro :) accidents happen.

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
nah.. wun wanna rent and crash it.. lol.. i come watch la next time.. but not take part la.. not there yet.. lol! can play play with myself oni.. moreover.. the corners i to ah.. has to be much much bigger than xtreampark's wan la.. lol.. extream parks one i guess i can oni do for the two corners (before the pit and after pit..) summore i still studying le.. bo $$$..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The weekend of 9 and 10 June 2012 will certainly satiate the appetites of car and race fanatics with what is set to be the Biggest Motorsport Event in Malaysia; the SUPER GT 2012 Round 3 Malaysia.

<!--more-->The event taking place at the Sepang International Circuit, is known as the Fastest Grand Touring Race in the world, with this round being the only...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience