Any Tips To Avoid Speed Trap?

putaqela

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
Banting, Slgr
A taxi driver told me that we can avoid been detected by the speed trap by hanging the blank cd at the 'look back mirror' (don't know what to call it). He also told me that, you can put the calculator set to 110, then 'selit' into 'fliping make-up mirror at the windscreen' (also don't know what to call it).. dunno whether this is true or not. Perhaps can send this infos to the mythbuster guys..
Anyone knows any other tips, other then stick to the speed limits ler...

p/s...by the way i'm not trying the tips yet

adganz

Feb 15, 2005
KL
Visit site
Hahahaha....
All tipu laa...... There is one very very old way to avoid speed trap.....
When you drive, make sure that you are not exceed the speed limit...
Drive slowly, be safe.... hehehehe.....:regular_smile:

SubVerSiv

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
You can avoid being caught by a speed trap CAMERA by going 170mph or more.

Proven by BBC Top Gear.

Not sure about speed detecting radar.

wira_na

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
:embaressed_smile: IMHO 2cent advise, don't speed. U will definately avoid speed trap and drive safe. Speed kill!

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
putaqela said:
A taxi driver told me that we can avoid been detected by the speed trap by hanging the blank cd at the 'look back mirror' (don't know what to call it). He also told me that, you can put the calculator set to 110, then 'selit' into 'fliping make-up mirror at the windscreen' (also don't know what to call it).. dunno whether this is true or not. Perhaps can send this infos to the mythbuster guys..
Anyone knows any other tips, other then stick to the speed limits ler...

p/s...by the way i'm not trying the tips yet
just wondering, why on earth does a blank cd has to do with how speed camara works?? and the calculator thingy is completely out of my logic understanding 0_o

anyway, here's a few tips tho it isn't really feasible and does not guarenteed that you will not get caught:

use paint that doesn't really reflect light and radio wave(usually dark) but i don't see anyone selling it, and i bet the military won't give you any.

radar detector. some popular and reputable models work, but it cost a bomb and it only tells you that there's a radar speed detector ahead and you have to slow down (and risk tailgater kiss your back).

radar jammer. the last time i check there's only 1 model that works, but you'll save more money paying the ticket, or save even more giving duit kopi. Real one that works cost as much as your car, cheap one is just scams.

-above methods doesn't work on infrared/beam type speedgun (beside the military grade platings but its not posible to get those)

to try to avoid lasers, you can try to run your car without grills, and put the radiator fan in front of the radiators blowing air into it not sucking air through it at the back. this is because sometime the police with a speedgun will point it at the front of your car, and if it hits the fan, it will give insane readouts like over 1000km/h so the police might just forget it. HOWEVER, it only works if you go slightly over the limit, you wouldn't think that the police is an idiot who can't tell if a car is doing 200km/h do you?

-camara type speed camara lolx~
take two pictures and see how far you had traveled in that given time and calculate your speed.

way to avoid it: buy a TVR and go over 170mph (273kmh) then it won't be able to detect you lolx~

*courtesy of topgear on the last one*

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
wira_na said:
:embaressed_smile: IMHO 2cent advise, don't speed. U will definately avoid speed trap and drive safe. Speed kill!
nop speed don't kill, its that sudden stationary that kills. speed, good. stop, bad.

courtesy of bbc topgear again.

cheers.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Have u all seen Mythbusters on Discovery Channel?

They have proven all this myth like the hanging of the CD from the mirror to be myth.. to be untrue.. in fact.. it made it even faster for the speed gun to detect the speed of the car.

They tried a whole lot of stuff...including hanging a giant disco ball, jingling keys and painting the car matte black... all didn't work!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yeah..i saw that episode...they tried everything!! nothing even work abit!
they tried everything TOGETHER! haahah and din work.
but they din try doing at 170mph la..ahhahah

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
speed doesnt kill, sudenly become stationary kills...

anyway, i guess the only way to avoid speed trap is to exceed the speed range that the detector can detact... otherwise, dont speed...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, as the title suggest, is there any ARB that is thicker than 23mm on the market? Looked around on the internet & 23mm is the biggest one available... :dontknow: looking for something in the 25/26mm range.

Please let me know if parts from other makes can fit , i don't mind.

P.S. It is satay bush style, not the drop link style like gti.

Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience