Safety Tips for the Road

silblade

Apr 13, 2011
CA-USA
Every 18 seconds someone is involved in an auto accident; every 11 minutes someone dies. Here are some street-smart strategies every driver should practice:
• Be cautions at intersections, a danger zone. Intersections can be risky because there are a lot of distractions: turning cars, pedestrians and red-light runners.
• Steer clear of erratic drivers. Let a tailgater pass you.
• Keep your eyes on the road. Talking on a cell phone or reading a map can distract you and lead to an accident. Keep in mind that a distracted driver might also be near you. Drive cautiously.
• Be alert near parked cars. Someone could open a car door or pull out in front of you.
• Don’t drive sleep-deprived. Sleep is not a matter of willpower, but a biological need. If you become drowsy, pull off the road and get some rest.
• When passing another car, get past the driver’s blind spot as quickly and safely as possible.
• Know your brakes. Most cars have anti lock brakes, which require a driver to apply a firm and continuous pressure on the pedal.
• In stormy weather, leave extra space between you and the car ahead.
• Don’t drive through water. A small amount of water can disable a vehicle in seconds.
• Don’t forget the basics: Buckle your seat belt, limit loose objects in your car and lock your doors.

:driver:

SILBLADE

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Just wanna add :

• Maintain your vehicle well.. Tyres, Brakes, etc

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello sifu and otai,

i want to ask about air filter n grounding cable.. i want to install it to wira 1.5 caburetor... so i have check the price at kuala terengganu..

- HKS Grounding Cable + installation = rm80
- filter (no brand) - rm30
- pipe intake - rm40

all item price is including installation

i want to whether the price is standard or expensive...

getting help from sifu and otai... thank you :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience