Any Peugeot 308 Owners?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wah~~epang...keep promoting pug here...Hahahaha....

NAZA's should have kept the price tag higher so that medium class people buy them only. Just like you said. the price is almost the same or even cheaper like local made cars. This has cause the lower income group also buying them but as we all know buying car is 1 thing. Maintaning it is another story...It's like an investment..

Actually I won't mind if the 206B was around the price range of 70K plus. At least the people buying them would be able to afford to maintain them. I think a few more years down the road, you will see a lot of used 206B for sale....and mileage would be close to major service or parts ending period...condition sure not good..

epang

Jan 19, 2009
hehe need to make a living mar bro,... so want me to quote you a 308THP? hahaha...

FEMlab

Aug 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hik2..look like only few pug owner here in ZTH..(hik2..long time I hvnt come to tis tread, seem like the comunity is growing ;)

TitanRev..I think the concept of "Buying car is one thing, mainting is another" doest apply to mass Msia crowd..you can see alot and lot of people earning rm3k/month..but still go and buy 5-7 years old beemer e46..

Epang, you sell pug now??

Lowpro..I dont know about other owner..but for me..I dont mine the thing being niche..not to many on the road..so I am prepared to pay the price for maintaining it (cos I even consider new fiat bravo at 1 time)..If wanna mass market product that is cheap and "establish" SC..I go for jap any days

Last edited:

epang

Jan 19, 2009
Fem,

Yup :rofl: trying to help out those that love pug but having nightmare on getting it due to lack of good SA hehe...

Well i guess if you are enjoying your car then good la.. just enjoy it...

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
epang,

perhaps the car is too affordable as you mentioned. but imho, for the franchise holder, they are caught between two extremes. one - to have the car priced where it should be and this should eliminate those who would otherwise pick japanese and two, price it below what it is worth to build up numbers.

looks like the strategy was to build up numbers. however, to cope with the numbers, the sc needs beefing up... and fast. at this rate, it will be difficult for the new owners who are very new to european car ownership. at least they are working on it as the new sc boss seems to be more customer oriented.

but if they picked the high price strategy and only sell dribs and drabs, then they wouldn't have a strong business case... BUT, they will be better equipped to handle the customers due to lower volumes. anyway, either way picked, there will still be issues (no such thing as a fool-proof plan) and they would just need to cope with either situation and improve where it matters.

to the other pug owners elsewhere,

perhaps i was a bit too harsh in my earlier post and apologise if i had offended the pug owners elsewhere but the statements were made in my personal capacity and not professionally.

i still believe that there is a better way to do things that will benefit everybody. i still maintain that mob rule is not the way and that proper dialogue is the best to solve matters. anyway, i do apologise if pug owners have been offended by my statement earlier.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The problems started when issues where not solved properly by the appropriate party so the problem roll from a small snowball to a big snowball.

I think the problem always come from the 1st batch of new cars regardless of make. Mostly 1st batch will have the most problem. Then they receive complain from customer and rectify the problem on 2nd batch and 3rd batch and on and on....I know some P1 mechs and they say owners are the best QC...Hahahaha:rofl:

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
TR,

you are so right. small issues not handled well snowballed. but i think the franchise holder is not going to take this sitting down. the matters have been highlighted already and i believe that there will be some precedent set to ensure that the pug owners are looked after better after this. but, it will not be overnight and those hoping for a change at a wave of a magic wand will not be amused. perhaps in a month or so, there should be some form of positive change. i'm glad that the meeting that a 308 owner had with some nasim ppl last friday worked out well though some issues aren't fully resolved yet. i hope that this will be a sign of better things to come.

Last edited:

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
there's a peugeot test drive roadshow at sunway open car park on sunday, 13 Sept. all models including 308gt and 207cc available for test drive. actually, it was from 11 - 13 Sept. test drive got gifts and those who book cars get t&g cards (when the car is delivered) and restaurant vouchers worth rm100.

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
there's a peugeot test drive event at sunway open car park tomorrow, 13 sept. got gifts for test drive and booking.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Already paid my booking for the 308turbo but my company have not given the green light to purchaed it yet.numerous cars have been offered to me since i'm on the list but well,got to wait for it.getting a white one.is the one with the moon roof feels hotter on sunny days?

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
not really. they have a very think headlining for the panoramic roof. but you could also use v-kool and tint it a little darker if you prefer. i tried the 308gt in the hot sun and the air cond quickly cooled the car's interior. but imho, the open panoramic roof is best for mornings and evenings.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
ya definitely will open only when there is minamal sunlight but from reviews of international forums they actually commented that is gets pretty hot inside the car.nvm,will comment only when i get my ride.cant wait.solid handling car.prefer if it has HID.

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
hope you get your car soon. which colour? did you book it during the sunway event?

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Hik2..look like only few pug owner here in ZTH..(hik2..long time I hvnt come to tis tread, seem like the comunity is growing ;)

TitanRev..I think the concept of "Buying car is one thing, mainting is another" doest apply to mass Msia crowd..you can see alot and lot of people earning rm3k/month..but still go and buy 5-7 years old beemer e46..

Epang, you sell pug now??

Lowpro..I dont know about other owner..but for me..I dont mine the thing being niche..not to many on the road..so I am prepared to pay the price for maintaining it (cos I even consider new fiat bravo at 1 time)..If wanna mass market product that is cheap and "establish" SC..I go for jap any days

Hi FEM,

I noticed that the clutch for Euro cars these days are super light. Even the 308GT and other Fiat and Alfa models are super light already. These days, no need super leg muscles to drive manual conti cars!!! I was just talking to a friend the other day who owned a 305GTX before. He said it was fast with great handling but he suffered in traffic jams. No wonder manual conti cars were not popular with ladies in those days ;)

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
I booked the white one at nasim bangsar.i think i booked it somewhere in march but no green light from company to purchase yet.

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
oic. oklah, will keep my fingers crossed that you get a positive reply soon! :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there

My 1996 1.6 Satria has jerking problem when cruising around 90-100kmh, but not at other speed. Before this, thinking it might caused by the TB. Clean the TB many times and problem remains. Maybe I need to do MUT to know the actual problem, but duno whre to do it. Can someone suggest to me? Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience