It's worth to buy Peugeot 308HPT?!

cal_vin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Went to Peugeot showroom at Bangsar. There is few 308 turbo waiting for owner to collected. I was kind of hoping i was one of owner.

But then there is question come to my mind, in term of resale value and also spare part cost?

Any peugeot 308 turbo owner out there mind to guide and comment.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
bro, if u r worried abt resale value...dont...nowadays, almost all used cars have low resale value coz new car have low interest rate + warranty...couple of my friends have the pug 08 turbo n they r happy with them...no issue so far...servicing cost also on par with Japs...

they r value for money given for the spec they r offering and with the same engine as the Mini Cooper S, its a bargain!

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
bro im one of the 308 turbo owner and what i can tell you is go ahead with the purchase... the 308 turbo is a really good car and given the spec i believe it is one of the most value for money car you can buy now... the engine is powerful and the exterior and interior is really nice... but i know looks is subjective... maintenance wise is almost the same as japanese car maybe a little more only...

wajarays

Known Member
Jan 1, 2008
why bother about resale value ???
if the car have a good price, better spec, good engine performance with loaded new tecnology , why not consider it ??? peugeot 308 turbo is one of a brandnew continental car that you can effort now with all goodies inside....

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
308 is excellent! good power and all 6 air bags + also ISOFIX for child seat (if you need), 5-star crash rating too!

Only gripe is the gearbox kinda sluggish and 4-speed... otherwise it's top notch. Gearbox doesn't bother me much because 308 is wife's car! :biggrin:

So far no problems owning the car.

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
308 is excellent! good power and all 6 air bags + also ISOFIX for child seat (if you need), 5-star crash rating too!

Only gripe is the gearbox kinda sluggish and 4-speed... otherwise it's top notch. Gearbox doesn't bother me much because 308 is wife's car! :biggrin:

So far no problems owning the car.
totally agree with you bro... the gearbox is the only weakling... other than that, superb!!!

kete_bocor

Jan 29, 2004
hi bro...i just make an order of this lovely pug...for me just go 4 it....:driver:

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
congratz bro... ur in luck because the new batch comes with bodykit!!!

kete_bocor

Jan 29, 2004
congratz bro... ur in luck because the new batch comes with bodykit!!!

....but mind pug not the white dial but black dial...not like....huhuhu...:argh::argh:

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
haha yeah the black dial not that nice imo... i also prefer the white dial... looks more sporty...

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
if you're getting the 308turbo, do go in with eyes wide open. being european, it does have some 'europeanness' about it that you may not be used to if you're coming over from a japanese make. you'll need to manage your expectations too. just make sure you know all about the pros and cons and go with your eyes wide open so that you are aware about what owning a european car is gonna require from you... lots of passion and lots of patience.

given what i said, it is a nice car with specs that leaves its competitors trailing behind. value? what car has resale value these days? with new car interest rates still considered low, almost everycar will be hit with huge depreciation. all the best and congrats if you have taken the plunge!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Which one is better: for daily ride, FC, sparepart, maintanence, good looking car, long lasting drive
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience