peugeot 206..

hafetz

Mar 26, 2005
subang jaya
Visit site
Dear sifu's,

I have a peugeot 206 a.k.a Naza Bestari.

The problem is,lately while driving the car makes a loud jerk and it drops the gear by itself and the gear would not change to a higher or a lower gear.

What could be the problem?

The car has gone for it's 10,000 and 20,000 km service.

Pls advise.

Thank you.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
since your car still new. Send it back to Service Center for rectifying job..

max_75

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
yes, send back to SC to rectify. by the way, I believe in Autoworld forum will have more Peugeot owner can answer your question.

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
the jerk is very normal for 206. thanks to the al4. i have it all the time. but it has reduced somewhat with my 80,000km service (changed the timing belt too) if you are accelerating and it does not want to shift up, try lifting off slightly. works for me all the time and i can effect the gear change whenever i want even though i'm running on full auto. since it is an adaptive box, it will get used to your driving style. like a nice little doggie, mine shifts up whenever i lift off slightly. trained already to do it.

but, if you're still kinda uncertain, by all means, take it in for a check up. they may have a new download for the ecu/tcu to smoothen things up a little. take note, i mentioned, "they MAY have a download" and not "they DO have a download" :) that said, the al4 is never gonna be butter smooth cos the french do like a little 'event' whenever the gears shift up or down.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Carefull...this is a conman, banking money than no reply n give lots of excuse, like Kena denggi Lah, masuk hospital Lah. Otw to poslaju Lah...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience