Any member drives Frontiers ??

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
raise by half inch as tht is max u can go on oem suspension, if want higher have to do body or shackle lift la

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hi guys, how's everyone doing. I'm in japan now. It's cold here about 5 degrees but it's really nice weather.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
raise by half inch as tht is max u can go on oem suspension, if want higher have to do body or shackle lift la
erm, mine infront is those twist rod kinda suspension wor? how do i go about raising that? actually i never knew how those things work also, just i know it twist when compressed. hehe...

well, reason why i asked so is because lets say if i would to change the leaf springs or something later on, wether the same abs can be used anot ma. :) shackle lift is for the rear only right? the front apamacam mau lift? kinda new to this lift lift thing, so the only one i know so far is to change springs and leaf springs or shackle. but problem is my front doesn't have a spring... only got a rod. can still lift the car using the same rod? or must change to something else.. thats the thing which i wanna know... cause if i'm not wrong my friend's one used abs to lift if im not wrong... not sure also...

so yeah... hehe, sorry ar, noobie asking questions...

oooo, japan.... sweet.... =) share some photos la bro... =) i know you've got a nice camera... hehe... =)

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
erm, mine infront is those twist rod kinda suspension wor? how do i go about raising that? actually i never knew how those things work also, just i know it twist when compressed. hehe...

well, reason why i asked so is because lets say if i would to change the leaf springs or something later on, wether the same abs can be used anot ma. :) shackle lift is for the rear only right? the front apamacam mau lift? kinda new to this lift lift thing, so the only one i know so far is to change springs and leaf springs or shackle. but problem is my front doesn't have a spring... only got a rod. can still lift the car using the same rod? or must change to something else.. thats the thing which i wanna know... cause if i'm not wrong my friend's one used abs to lift if im not wrong... not sure also...

so yeah... hehe, sorry ar, noobie asking questions...

oooo, japan.... sweet.... =) share some photos la bro... =) i know you've got a nice camera... hehe... =)

bout tht i nt sure also as my is pajero so the front lift with the absorber, shackle lift can be use in front if ur car front suspension is leaf type(very rare nowadays), there are 2 way to lift the front
1) by adjusting the front upper and lower arm
2) by doing arm lift(same as shackle lift)
but in all it depend on how much lift u want if just 2-3 inch just adjust the upper n lower arm is enough, but if 4-6 inch u have to do arm lift and change torsion bar and everything, some car require to change tie rod end and steering rod also,

however if u lift ur car u have to change absorber also as oem will not coop with the height n end up making ur ride feel funny, even u change to old man emu just 2 days ago n u did lift today have to change new abs also, so if u want to lift better wait till ur absorber is worn out, so u wont rugi, another thing is if u put "lift absorber"( the panjang 1) to ur unlifted car it will end up damaging ur absorber only as the compression rate is different plus ur car will bounce alot

but there are cheaper ways to lift ur car, by doing a body lift, this just lift your body as high as you want 2-6 inch ( usually just 2 inch 6 inch are for hardcore drive tht didnt use their car on road) without changing ur suspension system, it just cost fraction of the price, but most shop will say to u do the suspension lift because of marketing n sales reason, as long as u just lift around 2-3 inch there are no safety issue,

but wht i planned to do is 2inch on body lift, 4 inch on suspension and raise the suspension tapak by 1 inch, n use bigger tyre 36", so it become a monster, sadly my pocket dont allowed me to do so :banghead:

Bump:
Hi guys, how's everyone doing. I'm in japan now. It's cold here about 5 degrees but it's really nice weather.
titan bring us back some souvenir la frm there, a rare toyota, nissan or mitsu, toyota megacriuser would be nice, or at least one of those cute japs girl, hahaha:wavey::burnout:

Last edited:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ooh like that wan ar?? i see i see...
must go find out how to go about lifting the front arm, i just wanna lift the suspension without lifting the body. I sat in my friends car which has a body lift and a suspension lift, the car feels abit funny la. like too high and not stable like that, i just want to do a suspension lift is enough, butthen some workshop qoute me extreme mahal gila wan.. thats why i'm wondering if i can do a step by step lift like maybe arms first, then absorbers or the other way around like absorbers then arms then leaf spring at the rear. u know, to make the car higher butthen ride softer at the backside abit cause the car now behind super bumpy. Hehe... yeah abit complicated, thats why need to think abit. Wanna make sure do properly instead of one shot come out 5-6k terus do suspension swap.. that one abit mahal la... hehe, pocket not soo deep yet ler... =(

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Has anyone here tried the Silverstone MT117-EX (275/70R16) on a stock height frontier with 7.0jjx16 alloy rims before?

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
haha, ok, i've found out that i need to do a lil body lift before i could actually fit those tires in without problems... =) also need some offset wheels so that it would fit in nicer... damn i should had spent my money buying those offset rims from OTW... =( now no money d... =( sigh...

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
woot~! another person said i can just fit in those 275/70R16 tires in without doing a body lift... anyone can confirm this? Vykin, if you are reading this... this weekend you going anot to volvo????

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Gavan, mod like this~~Hehehhe:burnout:

or this~~~

Your choice~~:burnout::burnout:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
wah wah i tell you... now oni free, no time to go volvo also... =(

walao~!!!! become lorry already wei... how to drive offroad like that, the tires tooo berat liow~! my car oni 2.5L wei!! hahaha.... =P the second pic can la, butthen cannot go offroad liow, gone la bodykit all... =P ahhaha...

Last edited:

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
whoa... we got petrolheads and we have diesel heads too!

as of 11am yesterday i became an owner of a 06 frontier ... LOL...

by 11am this morning i had already had the shocks and tyres upgraded!:rofl:

sounds like this can turn into a bad obsession....:biggrin:

Feb 22, 2009
i own one...remember the day when i met up with this black frontier along kuantan to segamat highway..im doing 170kmh but still the black frontier in front of me...how does that happen..from that day i switch my ford ranger to frontier..and only then i understand why this beast call frontier are good...the torque...perghhhhh..think twice bro...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Glad you've joined the gang.

Feb 6, 2009
Hi guys,i juz take over a frontier fr my colleague n face some pro.when i driving at 3rd n 4th gear,tat like no power,juz like no turbo charge.but at 1st,2nd,5th gear is ok.the other of mine also face same pro.wat is pro?my colleague oledi send it workshop b4,but also cant solve it.hope some1 can help,thanks.

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
gavan frontier must lift to fit tht MT tyre if not mistaken but pajero, land rover and land cruiser no need as they have wide flare arch, bout tht lift i think u can try ask at btu cave as they quote me rm2800 for shackle lift and offroad absorber (koni or rancho brand), shackle lift will bring ur car about 2 inch or 3 inch higher depending ur suspension condition, i think tht is the cheapest option for a lift other thn body lift wich is wayyy cheaper,

sory long time not active,

but to u all be happy with ur frontier for now when my loan approve u can smell the diesel form my mother trucker (navara) :rofl::vroam:

damn test drive now cant stop thinking of ti so nice n so fast

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

places that sell starters doesnt seem to have instalation included.. can someone help me with how to fix a starter or replacing my old starter into my car? my engine is 4g13p.. Im driving a saga... thank you very much..

if you dunno where to start.. can you guys tell me where is the starter for a saga located.. thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience