Amazing "Pinang" Tree - KEPALA BATAS

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
That don't look like a police line la. But in any case, I read in the papers that people are cutting out the root of the tree for dunno what purpose also. Check this out from The Star.

Visitors getting to the root of ‘scary face’ pinang tree

KEPALA BATAS: The ugly side of Malaysians has surfaced again. (Again? I thought majority of malaysians are born with it?)

Some of the visitors, who came in droves, to Kampung Paya to see the “scary-looking face” on a pinang tree there have cut some of its exposed roots for reasons best known to them.

Telecommunications supervisor Abdullah Baharom, 53, whose family claims to own the palm, is cheesed off by the actions of these people and the unwarranted attention given to the palm.

GONE MISSING: Abdullah showing some the roots that were cut off from the Pinang tree yesterday morning.

Ever since the tree became “famous” after pictures of it were carried in the media, streams of visitors have come to the village and his home just to see the unusual frond.

The villagers had cordoned off the area around the tree to deter outsiders from trespassing and spoiling it but it still did not stop a few from getting near to it and “defacing” the palm by slicing off some of its roots.

Abdullah does not know why they did this.

“It is against the teachings of Islam. I don’t think there’s anything mystical or weird about the tree. It is just a natural formation,” he said, adding that it had been in the compound for the past 10 years, and that his younger sister was now living at the family home there.

He claimed that some people had also come to pray at the site.

Notwithstanding the debates raging over whether the “scary face” on the tree is a natural phenomenon or a supernatural incident, the village has taken on a carnival atmosphere, with enterprising residents setting up stalls to sell food, snacks, drinks and photographs of the tree to visitors.

You can sit outside the kampung houses to enjoy a bowl of sup gearbox made of ox parts, a plate of chicken rice or some cool ice-cream.

A villager was seen selling bunches of petai from his motorcycle parked near the stalls, while next to him was a woman selling goreng pisang.

Chicken rice seller Abdul Samad Azizan said he had never seen anything like this in the 17 years he has lived in Kampung Paya.

His business has boomed, and he said he was selling about 500 plates of chicken rice daily, which is double the amount he sells at his usual pasar malam venue.

“I decided to sell it here since my house is not far from the tree,” he said.

Last edited:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
sakuraguy,
It just goes to show how these people are spiritually lost. They don't even know who to believe in and who to pray to. Buy you'll be completely surprised as even those who pray to one certain God and claims to be a good religion, does the worst things against the religion's teachings. I may not know well their religion but based on common sense, all things taught should be of a good nature but the things that those believers do are all bad things, like bribery, rape, rob, thievery, gangsters on the road, come up with stupid and nonsensical demonstrations on friday after lunch hour, not admiting their faults even though it's obviously visible that it's their fault, twisting the name of their God to cover the wrong doings, etc. Need I say more.

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
wizard of oz

hahaha what they wanna do with the root, cook and eat to get super natural power or pray it to get rich,kena 4D thingi

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I'm kinda wondering who are the ones who took the roots. I figured, usually, those kampung style malays would do it cos they usually believe in those kinda stuff. I also wonder why can't they just stick to their quran / bible / whatever. Always stray here and there with their beliefs.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
There are too many stupid believings flying around, humans create new believings everyday .. those believings are not created by our great grandmothers, but the papa's nowadays .. this lar .. that lar ..

Because no one reads Quran, Bible or Bhagavad Gita .. they all talk only, no action!

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
no body try to read the old bible,quran,or what so ever
if u try to read those and compare to the new 1 its totally not the same
the old teaching is not to kill people,make peace,etc etc ,its easy to understand
but now what the hack,this cannot that cannot,etc etc,,
so slowly, instead of teaching good,ppl might understand wrongly and confuze

in every holy book got say,if u die u will return to gods hand,
but last time i over heard b4 a mat rempit say,it start like this

his friend:''if u fall down or accident ,u dont scared of diying???''
the rempit said:''no cause if i die, god will come and take my soal with him''

i just like O_O wtf........in me i said u stright go to hell,18 level down and wont come out again

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
try relocating the tree nearer to a beach...and see if the face smiles, frown or screaming "what the fock are you doing?" heheheh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Vr4
Gentlemen,

I've inherited a Proton Wira VR4 from my brother and the engine condition is kind a working okay. But there are several problems occurs recently in the system (I think so) and I don't know what is it.

When I'm on accelerate and hit the clutch instantly (i.e change gear or slowing down), the engine will shut off. It happens often. Does it have to do anything with its throttle body?

Then the engine jerking when it hit >5500 rpm (boost @ 0.6) and now it happen @...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience