The Killing Of The Amazing Co & Golf GTI DSG

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
My biggest misery is the killing of the Amazing company that brought in the Golf GTI DSG at a very affordable price. I know that the previous allocations of AP's were not fair, but then the whole AP system is a failure.
When will CBU cars be sold at a reasonable price? Singapore used to be labled as the most expensive to own a car, but today a Subaru WRX 2.0 retails for SGD85K (RM185)
Which does not make sense as our own Motor Image has listed the WRX at RM195K.
I also hear from Bastaman that he does not have any AP's for Suzuki Swift so deliveries will be held up until next year. Why is a legal franchise holder not able to get AP's?
Every one knows that some Franchise holders like Alfa, now run by Sime Darby has to purchase AP from other AP holders as they dont have enough AP's themselves.
This is exactly the Ali Baba attitude MITI has created.
Isn't Sime Darby a valid franchise holder, who is Bumi owned and at the same time a Government Link Investment. So is DRB, so what is going on?
Amazing Tempo was used as a sacrificial lamb given to the "Gods". Who are these "Gods", no want knows the extend of the political lobbying.
But now we are still wating for the NAP to be finalized. The longer we wait, the longer MITI and the rest of the crew assumes that Malaysians are stupid and ignorant.
All Malaysians want is a fair system, there was a hint that the NAP would restrict the import of used cars to below Two Years. This is a good move as in the case New Zealand where there are no restrictions, NZ today is the known dumping yard of used cars from all over the world including Singapore.
But that would effectively kill all the pararel importers. For example, most of the "Recond" cars sold here are above 2 years of age.
Majority of pararel importers are Bumi's. Again this goes against the NEP (New Economic Policy).
So how?
My last comment is that the government can try as best to fix a system, but when a system encourages discrimination of race and religion it wil always go against business sense.
So for now, I have to wait very long for my Golf DSG GTI.

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Glad you spoke up. I agree.

Small sugestion, can you use paragraphs, I nearly went screw eyed trying to read your post. :) :)

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
this whole shit ..of AP's and taxes is just for one big reason..and that is to save protons and peroduas tiny little ass..

7jz

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
why dont we have a open market like in Thailand?

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site

because Malaysia is a corrupted country

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Point noted about the paragraph's.
I just got so carried away with this issue.
Today in the Star there is a big advertisement by Hyundai Co, congragulating the visit of the Korean PM plus wife.
If you look further, Inokom has been listed as the JV partner for Hyundai.
What is the status of Sime Hyumal and Kah Motors. Kah Motors assemble the Sonata and Accent models.
Sime Hyumal - brings in all CBU models.
Inonokom assembles Matrix and a 1.0 litre (Can't remember the name- poor sales).
To me this is realy a No! No!, the appointment of 3 authorized distributors cum / assemblers is a real mess.
Is this part of the NAP policy, those with the right connections are awarded the contracts which does not make business sense.
Presently all the CKD assemblers of Hyundai are assembling models well above their prime, ie Sonata, Accent assembled by Kah are one generation behind the rest of the world.
The same with the Matrix.
The other issue besides AP's. I understand that there are restrictions in setting up local CKD assembly for motor vehicles and commercial vehicles.
There are a fix number of assemblers. I guess the number is still single digit.
In the case of other types of machinery assembly, there are almost no restrictions, even in the case of some white goods like fridges, electrical appliances.
So why the restriction for MV and Commercial Vehicles, I guess it must be to protect Proton and Produa.
The NAP mess will continue even after 2006 as I feel that there are too many issues.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
7jz said:
Coz our demography is not like Thailand

jamesweh : Good luck waiting for your Golf GTi... I guess I'll have to make do with Proton or Daihatsu for now....
And I don't think you know about the paragraph thing yet... but anyway, good post.

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
i think most of us knows wat had happened and wat those G ppl has "answered" us... & we also no tat those r craps... but then... wat can we do? how shud we do?

theres so much cases u can see around us... APs for their "BUMIs", policewomen asked a chinese gal to do ear-squat "nude"!!! damn... these r all XXXX... wat r so gud about them? they shud b de person to "guide" all of us to be better, to protect us, to make our country more competitive, but then they r NOT, they r jus pressing others in order to make themselves fatter... tats all...
proton? perodua? they r not into "business", they jus wanna make money... tats all...

sigh... somemore got ppl dare to say "if u dont like, go back to where u come from...", is this wat a G representative shud say? really kurang ajar... sigh...

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
malaysian can never have an open market as long as proton and perodua exist...why not open market like thailand? cos thai's don't have their own car company...likewise australia oso has a protected market for its own car designs and company...hence not every import car is available there...ie VR4 Galant vs Magna (aust)

NZ is the land of the great imports...and they don't tax heavily on import cars....cheapest cars in the world!

but its a good thing malaysia at least has an AP letting some imports in...in USA they are even worst off as imports always fail the strict EPA rules...which is alot of bullshit...therefore very very few imports there...

so considering that, i guess its tough titties for the average malaysian consumers...becos PROTON needs to earn money and the fact they know they make shit quality cars and get away with it by the "price" factor its all smiles for the shareholders :D

dun get me wrong i am oso not pleased, as i come from aust. and i had to pay "more than double" for my car if i had bought it from aust. but thats the price of wanting to live under this great country....like i said "tough titties"

i am sure malaysians are "used" to it by now...fark u guys been living with the race/religion/ap policies for more than 15 years plus???
but still the malaysians still can afford it, so thats whats amazing about it...look at all the mercs and bmws on da road....so be proud! but i know its unfair...but wat to do? marry rich ass muslim gal living in cyberjaya, change names, religion and dun forget to cut ur dick in half i suppose...but thats another topic...muhahahahahahahahahah :biggrin:

Last edited:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i believe if dr M knew about AFTA in 1982, he wud not brought up bout the national car after all. do we know what will happen in the next 20 years?

i am not happy with such situation either but without protection to P1 and P2, we will loose national car. arent we proud being the only ASEAN country capable of building our very own car? thousands of malaysian (our frens and relatives included) will lose jobs. many SME will collapse and bankrupt.

just for us to enjoy better and affordable car price? common frens... this is reality.

and with regard to earsquat naked Mr Reedor, i heard its one kind of procedure. especially when smuggling of drugs is suspected. by doing earsquat naked, any kind of plastic tubes hidden in the vagina or anus (excuse for the words) will come out. dont believe it? try laa...

or which way we prefer? let the police personnel insert their fingers into suspect's vagina? i am voluntaring to do soo....

by asking them to do earsquat, its more polite but useless also if not undressed. and its instructed by female officers. makes the sense isnt it?
the only culprit i can see is the camera operator. :D

no flame haa...

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I dont want to get into the ear squat issue in this forum as police brutality is every where in the world, like the problems in LA in the past and most recently the killing of a Brazilian mistaken for an Al Queda operative.
Malaysian has the largest passenger car market in Asean. This is indeed a very lucrative market sought out by all car makers.
All Malaysian's want is a fair system where car makers are free to compete with each other in the interest of the consumer.
Look at our neighbour Singapore, today the margins of all franchise holders are cut to wafer thin as every one competes on a level playing field.
In the case of Malaysia, it is not that the car makers are not competing, but alot of times their margins are affected by non direct expenses. You know what I mean!
But on the brighter side, issues of AP's or the falacy of the AP system was recently highlighted. But this has been a policy for many years. The fact that every thing now is brought out in the open reflects the new transparency of the Badawi governence. This has to be applauded.

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
Hi Mr. Zan,
yea, thx for ur info bout de earsquat thing, & i also saw tat fr de news, it sounds reasonable on cases like suspected to hav drugs in their private parts. But then now my question is... who is de camera man? how come he/she can hide in such a place in a "police station"?? wud he/she a police?! or did they (investigator) tells de public wat room is de place where de culprit took de video? if tats de room only police are allowed, tats obvious, rite?
de reason i wanna say this is tat... although they r "police", ppl who shud protect our fellow citizens, some of them (especially traffic police) are NOT! u & i no this, i think u even no tat some of them wud "ask" for money, rite? sigh... wat a sad story, everytime i think of this, i feel sad for Malaysia, cos some "donno wat" are so called "protecting" us...

sigh... ...

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
AP issue come out and die after 3 weeks. Up till now also no more mention liao. Swept under the carpet already. The ear-squatting thing also lah...check the newspapers...no update at all.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
hey, we are all running off topic laa..

getting back to Amazing Tempo company, i heard that they brought in cars purchased at 100K (or sumthing closer) but declared with the customs a lot lower.
is it true?
that's why their apporved permits had been withdrew.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

While i am enjoying the smoothness of stock 1JZGTE VVTI, i think its time to move up the notch on the power side. Just checking on possible mods that help the CT15B spool faster for maximum pleasure.

Thanks,
Ken
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience