Airtrek wheels question

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Anyone know if a 18x8 +45 wheel will cause any problems with fitment? I'm running 17x8 now but don't know the offset. Should I run spacers? My concern is that the wheel might sit too far in and rub against something. Anyone know what the stock rims offset is?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Mine is 18X8 +41. Only 1 mm to my 4 pots caliper, so I added 4mm spacer so that I can clean the caliper with ease.

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
OK thanks guys will check the calculators. I'm using BC gold coilovers so the shock body shouldn't have a problem clearing the wheel. Maybe will run spacers if got any problems with clearance. 10mm spacers.

LegacyGT

Nov 9, 2008
+45 offset may not clear BBK if you intend to have one in the future....+38 onwards will be nice

limaynard

Sep 28, 2012
Sydney / NSW
I was running 17x7 with +40 offset which should be fine, however, sometimes it is not the rim but the tyre. I was running 235/50 rubber (to give some sidewall flexing and improve ride) and they rubbed very slightly on front plastic liners. It is a simple calculation to compare how much closer to the centre of the car a particular rim/tyre combo is would be.
Assuming you go +45 then simplistically that is 5mm closer to centre of car than I was running so your tyres would need to be 10mm narrower (225). someone can please check my logic but if std offset is +46 then your issue is likely not the rim but the rubber...

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Actually, I forgot the rim width was 8" so your rim would be 17mm closer (not 5mm)

The bit about tyres still stands (i think)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lnTAQa65g

I found this video on YouTube yesterday. I was quite confused with this setup. What kind of benefit can the owner gain from this setup and how did the mechanic managed to reverse the position of the intake and exhaust? The valve cover is still positioned like normal though.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience