airtrek turbo or forester??

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
The advantages - I can feel is that the car is much more powerful and acceleration is stronger. In gear acceleration is most obvious.

The disadvantages - Performance dropped drastically during hot weather. Probably it's due to the top mounted intercooler cos boost is higher, air is warmer for sure. Another thing is that fuel consumption dropped from 6.7km/L down to 6.3km/L for city driving. This is not a 1 time comparison, FC is monitored over a period of time.

halycon

Sep 28, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Have you considered a Subaru Legacy Wagon? 276hp, 340 NM.

Same capacity as Forester and Airtek Turbo - more rare on the road + (somewhat) same parts as Forester

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
I have remapped my car ... but too reluctant to run lower mapping for 95.. almost wanted to do it again until recently, dropped another 20 cents.. so I am staying with 97 for now. Hehee... ops sorry, hijacked the thread! Sorry!

some performance engine need to use 97 ron to avoid engine problem like valve problem if try to use ron 95...:banghead:....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Generally speaking, if you want uniqueness, u have to sacrifice replacement parts availability.

Rarity of the car (performance car type la. not Proton saga kotak during the 80s) always proportional the the market value of the car.
more rare, more expansive.

If the car more rare, lesser ppl will cater to service the car. Sure will be expensive to maintain in the long run. Economy of scale.
Example: Alfa cars vs proton cars.

So, going back to the question which car i would choose? none....because they look like stationwagon to me.....but i have respect for the grunt of both cars.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Preference for those cars are subjective. Like Accords and Camrys, I love their value for money, design and comfort but I will not own one. Just not my type of car.

Ken's point is valid, the more rare, the more expensive the parts that is.

So it depends what you really want out of the car. Both Airtrek and Foresters have unlimited performance parts. By the way, I assume that you're choosing both cars are because u wanted performance and at the same time, satisfy your family needs. For half cut parts, Airtrek should be more due to Evo's popularity in Malaysia.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
More popular mean more demand n part is more expensive...:hmmmm: Subaru part are cheaper then toyota honda... U can find a GC8 STI halfcut under 5K not a 4AGE 6speed or B16B. Old forester share almost all the part with GC8 accept cosmetic, new model same as new age STI most part are interchangable even with nissan. We subaru member have no issue finding part, if any1 can't find part can contact here.mysubaruclub.com • Index page We got 300whp 6speed forester sifu that can solve all your problem n need for speed.:burnout:

BTW.. i drive a legacy BP5 wagon like my signature.. Now detune running ron95 average 6-7km/L on town, 8.+km/L on highway on boost, same as ron97 just less power n cheaper fuel price. On ron97 also can get 290whp..:stupid:(with supported mod)

Running lower ron will not destroy your engine with proper tuning, only your right foot will.

FYI airtrek n foreter is in the SUV segment not wagon.

Last edited:

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
I'm an Airtrek onwer but I love Forester too. Both cars look great and mascularly macho. So like others said, it's comparing chicken and egg.

Forester, a blue one with gold rims melt my heart!

Airtrek looks superb too.

Haahaa.... best if I can have both in my garage. By the way, these SUV/ala wagon is very practical. Good for family balik kampungs and as well when you're alone, you can have some fun too.
Vote for subaru forrester....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well actually if budget not a problem....just pick what u heart says :adore:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
well actually if budget not a problem....just pick what u heart says :adore:
Very true. At the end of the day, you're the one who drives it around, you're paying every single cent for it. Don't just make decision based on people's liking or popularity.

Both cars are great, powerful and with lotsa upgrades. You won't go wrong in any way.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Go test drive n poison your self, when u dream about it then that is what your heart tell u what u wan...

LIKE ME...:banghead:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
yup totally agreed. go out there and test drive both cars. take ur time in order to choose

happy hunting :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...receive a bad news from a friend of mine. one grey civic eg dolphin with orange 15" dc2 r rim is stolen this morning.it was stolen from his friend house at sekyen 4 shah alam. this civic belongs to my friend's friend. i'm helping out to spread the news. please be on the lookout..my friend forgot the registration number but it starts with WJD1977...please call this 0196350157 or 0172012639 if anyone spot this car.

thanks guys....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience