airbag or no airbag

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
this a story of 3 cars, two waja EV with airbags and a Gen2 w/out such thing called Supplementary Restraint System.

the two wajas, on separate incident involved with serious frontal accident quite serious that both engine blocks were broken. notice on how waja absorbed the impact through its crumple zones. the drivers managed to climb out with minor bruise, cause by the deployment of airbag.

on the other hand, gen2 has well designed crumple zone but sadly the driver passed-away due to to serious chest injury. even though he wore the seatbelt (without seatbelt, the driver would have been thrown to the windscreen!), the presence of airbag would have reduce his chance of bad injury or death.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
the second waja driver also walked out safely...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
gen2 driver got killed almost immediately...

p/s oh yes, a good crumple zone will allow all the doors to be opened with little difficulties..
please take note that all the driver's doors could be opened, vital in case of fire or explosion.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wah damn horrible lah....luckily for the Waja driver...kesian the Gen2 owner..

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
wah.. damn bad man.... Airbag saves the day.. RIP the Gen2 owner....

Yo bro.. which workshop is this.. is it Chee Keong in Senawang/Seremban ah...

norika_sakai

Nov 16, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
wow...damn bad the all the cars...but thankz to airbags that saved both waja owner...but gen2.....condolonce....

in this case, that means waja better than gen2 ???

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Saw some blood on the Gen2 driver's seat. He probably died after hitting into the steering wheel at high speeds.

RIP.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
steering airbag only works if ur car is having front damaged collision....

dead or not is on fate...airbag juz helps a liitle bit only....

i saw a toyota hilux terbalik n d car is so serious...but d airbag is not comes out...but d owner was safe....so wat to say?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
it is not fate, it give you additional layer to protect your life.
not saying that having airbag will make you bullet proof, but it reduce the chance of having serious chest damage (most of your important organs are under the chest) .

how many accident involves turtle turn? and most of the cases, turtle turn case won't hurt the chest.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
BlackSamurai said:
it is not fate, it give you additional layer to protect your life.
not saying that having airbag will make you bullet proof, but it reduce the chance of having serious chest damage (most of your important organs are under the chest) .

how many accident involves turtle turn? and most of the cases, turtle turn case won't hurt the chest.
yea..u r rite black samurai.....but i think one or two airbags r not enuf rite? if can malaysia cae should comes out with 8 airbags like merecedes benz or those european cars.....so it is more n more safety...no matter u get hit from side or where..it covers by airbag..am i rite?

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
huakenny said:
steering airbag only works if ur car is having front damaged collision....

dead or not is on fate...airbag juz helps a liitle bit only....

i saw a toyota hilux terbalik n d car is so serious...but d airbag is not comes out...but d owner was safe....so wat to say?
Airbags just help abit?
Tell me the same thing when you kiss the steering wheel at 80kmh.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Actually... it all depends. Myself involved in 2 major accidents last 5 years.

1. Car flew into the monsoon drain, no airbags, front major damage, cannot tow, need to use crane to lift car up.

2. Car flew on opposite lane and landed on 4 tires, tires punctured, rims cracked, undercarriage gone, drive shafts snapped, oil sump cracked and steering system snapped.

In both incidents, I walked out alive, no injuries or whatsoever... except for whiplash after 2-3 hours. Medical check revealed nothing.

So, huakenny is right in a way... depending on the car, airbags may or may not be necessary.

BTW, in both accidents, 2 different cars are involved. Mitsubishi Galant E55A (Eterna) and E33A. Both cars were not equipped with airbags.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
When you need an airbag, you will need one badly.

That's all that I can say.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
May the Gen.2 driver RIP. Rest assured, his death shall not be in vain as our awareness of the importance of airbags has increased.

We should have more "lessons" like this in ZTH.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A Wira Aeroback and a Kelisa just got broke in and both CD player is gone. BEWARE OF A CAR with number plate BBL 1350 , toyota white, driven by a chinese guy, medium hair, dyed, and this is his 2nd broke in as the 1st time he broke into my Kelisa, clock and a stock cd player gone...broke in LOCATION is at nearby Klang parade, Pelangi Promenade, Jalan Pekan Baru 34, but we can do nothing...there's no police station there.. :mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience