Aftermarket Suspension Experience

Mar 21, 2008
Plz share what type of suspension you are using and hows the pro's n con's

I'll start, I am using TEIN HA series now, just installed last nite. The TEIN coils are superb, even though i bought it used from a friend (aged 3yrs), the coil have NEVER soften or loose it's rigidy. About the soft/hard adjustment, I am amazed that, with the softest setting, is already the best for road driving. Once fastened to the max, it is as stiff as track setting.

Is a wonderful fully adjustable suspension, setting I should say.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
I'm using HWL H/L...for roughly 8 months..the quality fitted the price as well...so far no problem yet..*touch wood*

the solid of the spring suit street racing style...but if for comfortable wise, for me i can stand it, all my frens comment are most likely (waa ass pain wehh..)...for handling wise, yeah baby!

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
u can ask jin to comment on this....hehehehe...have u heard of a guy driving around on a race
set-up suspension on the street?his front spring rate is 22kg/mm if i'm not mistaken.for me that's
torturing ....hahaha:driver:

zac

1,000 RPM

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Previously using D2 racing, superb cornering but it's turned my ride into road frog, i can only drive it at 60km/h to have a more comfortable ride, surprisingly, it's very comfortable and extra load around 250kg at back. Now using hotbits silver, too soft... a bit diasppointed but no compromise of handling and comfort mah... so be it...

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
okay, good good :)

anyway before this, i am using HWL hi-lo street tune. but after using about 6 months, the absorbers tends to softened, making the handling not as nice as before, i canot lower my car more for better low-g coz the car will bounce like jelly. at that state, only solution is increase ride height (indirectly compressing the spring to make rebounce rate higher, so i used 17" rims with better rubbers)

I havent tried customized HWL's but i heard they are good for competition, but hands down after using TEIN HA, felt like into another level of performance, currently lowered 4 inch above the ground with amazing grip and very good braking response. i am using the softest rebound rate on the abs and its oredy good enough. i did tried set to hardest (coz curious), it was rock hard and too scary to drive on msian roads, haha

hands down, i never regret buying TEIN, great stuff.......

perhaps some other titan or koni users have better feedbacks, please do share :driver:

Bump:
I'm using HWL H/L...for roughly 8 months..the quality fitted the price as well...so far no problem yet..*touch wood*

the solid of the spring suit street racing style...but if for comfortable wise, for me i can stand it, all my frens comment are most likely (waa ass pain wehh..)...for handling wise, yeah baby!
you are not alone, haha (my gf sometimes ask me, why my car like lorry)

LoL

koie587

1,000 RPM

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
im using TEIN SS...superb in cornering but got a "KLOK" sound when driving in bumpy road & lobang² road...:confused:

who knows the solution?...:itsme:

boyzone

2,000 RPM

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Front GAB 200/50 and Hot Bit at rear. Significant reduce body roll but have to pay on comfort.:banghead:

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
just 4 inches off the ground?
yes, and gap between muffler n ground is 3inch. car is lowered like EG9, slightly lower than stock wira.....now climbing out of the car loses some dignity (need to crawl....LoL)

still using the ciplak myvi rims with stupid astar tyre, corner still screecthing like mad, but controllable......hope a buyer quickly take away the rims, and i can replace with rp01 + michelin

Bump:
Front GAB 200/50 and Hot Bit at rear. Significant reduce body roll but have to pay on comfort.:banghead:
I have no offence about GAB, but i feel GAB and HWL are same, their abs tends to soften after some time (coz they are all manufactured by Top-Perfect Sg.Buloh) Once they soften, u get back some comfort lor :)

Last edited:

eci4ever

Known Member

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
I'm also using Tein HA front n rear, this adj. is superb...
I feel like my engine is getting lighter when using this adj.

before this i'm always have nightmare when cornering
my previous suspension is Tokico Edusa from japan with 5 level of soft hard.
It's good but not in bouncing n cornering street.

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
engine lighter coz less movement on the suspension, and also braking is really superb, u can feel all the grip of the tyre n take the car into corner n highspeed with confidence :driver:

wira3319

Known Member

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
Last time i'm using cusco adjustable suspension taken from evo3 halfcut, superb in cornering handling especilally you run at 120kmh. too bumping when hit the damage road. aware of yellow line, it makes my dashboard like to fall..using it at 3 months only..hehe..now i'm using Tokico absr with gab coil, comfort but too lowered sometimes the tire hit my fender..hehe..:biggrin:

eci4ever

Known Member

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
I'm also experiencing same problem while using tokico,
my tyre always 'sagat' body when road too bumpy.

but this abs is comfort compare to adjustable..

renxun

1,000 RPM

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i tried JIC silver colour,JIC magic, Tein HA, i found out the best setup for my car is KEI Office... ngam ngam hao..... but im yet to try hks hypermax2. looking forward to test it

joev8796

Known Member

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
using RSR spring on my 1.5 wira, but da spring is meant 4 1.8 cars so it is reali bumpy n my fren even doubt if i use steel stick as my suspension:biggrin:

da shocks i use those similiar wit gab but harder thn gab, so reali nice n lower. thn cant go every bump, scratch my car platform everytime go on bump although i drive zip zap.:sleep:

viostar

Known Member

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
hi,..

I bought d TEIN adjustable coilover 2 months ago,.. Hi/Low & Soft/Hard... not much information on this abs..

anyone know how many level of S/H this abs can go... 0-16 click level ka?

so far from installed until now not yet touch on the S/H level yet.. might wanna try to.

handling on coner is superb ... ne:biggrin:

frank118

Known Member

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Tein so exspensive!! If can afford those are the ones to go for...has anyone changed their Neo's suspension?

What would be a good set up?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i am using Tein HA as well on my putra.
Cornering is superb
BMW can move aside.

my settings are 7 clicks from the softest for the front and 14 clicks from the softest from the rear.
4 fingers at the back and 3 fingers at the front.

No issues with tyre hitting fender
no issues with car sinking down when carrying heavy load.
my set comes with front camber plate or some call it .......shit i forgot what it is called d at the moment.=P

basically, if u have the moolah, this is the abs to go for.
I previously wasted nearly 2k trying on different sets of springs and abs.... should have just listen to my instinct earlier and went fully adjustable from the beginning, could have saved me 2k which is around the price i got my set of Tein.

viostar

Known Member

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
i am using Tein HA as well on my putra.
Cornering is superb
BMW can move aside.

my settings are 7 clicks from the softest for the front and 14 clicks from the softest from the rear.
4 fingers at the back and 3 fingers at the front.

No issues with tyre hitting fender
no issues with car sinking down when carrying heavy load.
my set comes with front camber plate or some call it .......shit i forgot what it is called d at the moment.=P

basically, if u have the moolah, this is the abs to go for.
I previously wasted nearly 2k trying on different sets of springs and abs.... should have just listen to my instinct earlier and went fully adjustable from the beginning, could have saved me 2k which is around the price i got my set of Tein.
woo... DarkAccoon,

u bought new set em...:biggrin: cost u how much? Actually i bought 2nd hand la from fren... but to go for max stiff how many click is it? currently i set front 8 click & rear 8 click as well. front gap & rear gap is 2 fingers high. So far conering & road bump not problem at all with 4ppl in car.

but just wanna to know for max stiff how many click for the Tein HA coilover huh?? my fren didn't told me wow.. any advise??

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
i believe somedays, v wil flatten al da illegal n not standard speedbumps in malaysia
Yes, especially kajang (*&^%$#@!!!)

Bump:
woo... DarkAccoon,

u bought new set em...:biggrin: cost u how much? Actually i bought 2nd hand la from fren... but to go for max stiff how many click is it? currently i set front 8 click & rear 8 click as well. front gap & rear gap is 2 fingers high. So far conering & road bump not problem at all with 4ppl in car.

but just wanna to know for max stiff how many click for the Tein HA coilover huh?? my fren didn't told me wow.. any advise??
Yes, TEIN HA is superb, compared to last time i use HWL, TEIN is so much different!

I have tried diff ride height with TEIN, and tested high speed 190kmh, no matter tall or low, car stick to the road. 100% satisfaction !!!

I use to hate SIME ASTAR all my life, but with 28psi on my front and 27.5psi on my back, and with the HUGE help from my TEIN, seems like I can make full use of SIME ASTAR's ciplak grip and it's even good enough for autoX practise.

AMAZING !

viostar,
today lunch time i go n check out my TEIN HA and find out how many "clicks" and let you know :)

Last edited:

viostar

Known Member

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006

Bump:

Yes, TEIN HA is superb, compared to last time i use HWL, TEIN is so much different!

I have tried diff ride height with TEIN, and tested high speed 190kmh, no matter tall or low, car stick to the road. 100% satisfaction !!!

I use to hate SIME ASTAR all my life, but with 28psi on my front and 27.5psi on my back, and with the HUGE help from my TEIN, seems like I can make full use of SIME ASTAR's ciplak grip and it's even good enough for autoX practise.

AMAZING !

viostar,
today lunch time i go n check out my TEIN HA and find out how many "clicks" and let you know :)
bro,... thank you check & see the information for me ya!!!

b'cos my 1 maybe old type tein ne.... hard to know is it correct HA type or it is the modify type.

I try to take some picture than post for you guys to have a look.

TQ:biggrin:

joev8796

Known Member

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008

:)
i liv nearby thr, usin cheras kajang highway everyday. my place oso got alot of stupidly built speedbump esp just outside my houz which both side park cars tat i cant drive zip zap. if i fetch 1 or more passenger sure wil kena. thn my mum went 2 complaint 2 da site office, i luv my mum:proud:

viostar

Known Member

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
dear viostar,

my TEIN HA has total 26 clicks on the soft-hard setting :)

Bro,...

soon i will upload my tein coilover picture here, than pls check for me c either same as your's 1 not?

gtg liao tomorrow need outstation...

come back than oni upload the picture here... TQ

Bump:
dear viostar,

my TEIN HA has total 26 clicks on the soft-hard setting :)

Bro,...

soon i will upload my tein coilover picture here, than pls check for me c either same as your's 1 not?

gtg liao tomorrow need outstation...

come back than oni upload the picture here... TQ

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
just 2 share my experience using GAB

i used to drove waja 1.6 and lowered it down using GAB height adjustable that comes with the AVCS (auto valve control stability). bought it for RM1700 since it was the most affordable for me at that time. But the softness of the suspension was uncomfortable for me as i drove my car for daily use. It tend to get even softer as time went by.

After a year of using it, i brought my car to a workshop to adjust the height and found out that one of the spring got stuck and i couldn't adjust the height after several attempts made by my mechanic.

I'm not sure if GAB is a good product since i only used it once. Maybe others can share their good/bad experiences on the reliability of GAB. This time for my new ride I'll go for TEIN. Most of the times I received good feedbacks from their customers.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
my TEIN HA has 24 clicks.

and yes, i got the name d, adjustable pillow ball mount.
silly me totally could not remember yesterday.

and yes i do agree with you all, upgrading from GAB to TEIN is like heaven and hell.
I bought mine 2nd hand also
even though it is 2nd hand, it handles so much better than my previous GAB when new.

yeah, my GAB kinda died on me after 1st year, and the following 12 months of using it was totally relying on my sparco springs that time.

Changed to TEIN, go at 230 on my putra seems so..... stable and responsive. Dun feel wobbly at all.

viostar

Known Member

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
my TEIN HA has 24 clicks.

and yes, i got the name d, adjustable pillow ball mount.
silly me totally could not remember yesterday.

and yes i do agree with you all, upgrading from GAB to TEIN is like heaven and hell.
I bought mine 2nd hand also
even though it is 2nd hand, it handles so much better than my previous GAB when new.

yeah, my GAB kinda died on me after 1st year, and the following 12 months of using it was totally relying on my sparco springs that time.

Changed to TEIN, go at 230 on my putra seems so..... stable and responsive. Dun feel wobbly at all.
so bro,... wat is the setting for front & rear ? I mean soft/hard...:biggrin:

I currently put front & rear same 12 click from soft to hard... but wat the is best setting ne? to suit highway & town road....:hmmmm:

might to share....:adore:

1 side edi oil leakage but oni little bit... where to service it... :hmmmm: send to N1Racing ka? or others shop might can as well?

:driver:

monkeyu1

monkeyu1

Jun 16, 2006
just 2 share my experience using GAB

i used to drove waja 1.6 and lowered it down using GAB height adjustable that comes with the AVCS (auto valve control stability). bought it for RM1700 since it was the most affordable for me at that time. But the softness of the suspension was uncomfortable for me as i drove my car for daily use. It tend to get even softer as time went by.

After a year of using it, i brought my car to a workshop to adjust the height and found out that one of the spring got stuck and i couldn't adjust the height after several attempts made by my mechanic.

I'm not sure if GAB is a good product since i only used it once. Maybe others can share their good/bad experiences on the reliability of GAB. This time for my new ride I'll go for TEIN. Most of the times I received good feedbacks from their customers.
same problem was mine, mine was install in getz, start was nice, not bad. after 1 year the car more bouncing ard like ball...from puteri ldp to sunway...like driving tank ard...cant stand with it.
some say the gab absorber is too hard and bouncing. is it??

i wanna change..any advise??

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
ok, viostar, i just realized that, front has 26 clicks but back has 21 clicks

DarkArcoon,
the most significant thing is, the faster you go, your car stick to the road like magnet. as if you are slammed into the ground from a huge force from above.....right ?

Monkey,
IMHO......GAB and HWL entry level for street tune, they dont lasts. Unless you order those specially customized for your car, which costs more than RM2300++ but only thats the price for hi-lo with matched coils

For RM2300 u can buy recond TIEN HA liao, which is FULLY ADJUSTABLE and comfortable than HWL....hehe

Last edited:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Viostar,

I put mine to 7 clicks from the softest for the front and 14 clicks from the softest for the rear

seems to be pretty good for me.

But each person has their own preferences.

SYTYCD,

YES, the faster you go, the more firm it is on the ground.

BTW, just wanna check with u guys, is it normal for fully adjustables to have this gas sound going thru a needle like phish phish everytime the absorbers are compressed and decompressed real fast.

monkeyu1

monkeyu1

Jun 16, 2006
ok, viostar, i just realized that, front has 26 clicks but back has 21 clicks

DarkArcoon,
the most significant thing is, the faster you go, your car stick to the road like magnet. as if you are slammed into the ground from a huge force from above.....right ?

Monkey,
IMHO......GAB and HWL entry level for street tune, they dont lasts. Unless you order those specially customized for your car, which costs more than RM2300++ but only thats the price for hi-lo with matched coils

For RM2300 u can buy recond TIEN HA liao, which is FULLY ADJUSTABLE and comfortable than HWL....hehe
hmm...good point, so the recom for tien ha... where to find the recon?
some say eibach are good? same like tien?? any comment about eibach?

zthis

Banned

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
This topic first caught my interest......I am using Eibach on Myvi, lowered but comfortable. But I drives very slow with my car

joev8796

Known Member

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
eibach is not meant for track so it is a lil soft 2 provide a comfy ride. n due 2 da worse road conditon in malaysia, dis spring is far more better thn those hard n performance spring coz da harder spring cant take da bouncy, wavvy road n pothole but if da road is flat da harder 1 is better.

zthis

Banned

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
eibach is really a good product for cars with lowered look, so fast i felt its as comfy as stock ones

boyzone

2,000 RPM

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I think go for sport spring + abs will be the better select instead of coilover.
:biggrin:

Bump: I think go for sport spring + abs will be the better select instead of coilover.
:biggrin:

Dampachi

Dampachi

Jan 4, 2009
so bro,... wat is the setting for front & rear ? I mean soft/hard...:biggrin:

I currently put front & rear same 12 click from soft to hard... but wat the is best setting ne? to suit highway & town road....:hmmmm:

might to share....:adore:
bro, u need to set more harder on front side than rear...
shouldn't set same for both side...

u know which is soft and hard setting?...i meant the direction...clockwise and anticlockwise

viostar

Known Member

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
than ur car can get free scratch under car body from every road bump.... ha.. ha...:biggrin:

:driver:..scratch...:driver: scratch...

Bump:
bro, u need to set more harder on front side than rear...
shouldn't set same for both side...

u know which is soft and hard setting?...i meant the direction...clockwise and anticlockwise
oh... actually my ride now is 4G13 wira aeroback... currently i set front 12 click & rear 14 click.... should i change to front 14 click & rear 12 click from soft to hard.

clockwise should be hard & anticlockwise should be soft right??

:adore::biggrin:

Dampachi

Dampachi

Jan 4, 2009
clockwise should be hard & anticlockwise should be soft right??
yes...u should start form the hardest setting is no.1
more numbers mean more softer ( easy to remember :biggrin: )

oh... actually my ride now is 4G13 wira aeroback... currently i set front 12 click & rear 14 click.... should i change to front 14 click & rear 12 click from soft to hard. :adore::biggrin:
check back yur step setting...this time i still dunno yur setting number 12 & 14 starting from the softest or hardest