Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rx-7 Fc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
i would lashed out any other guys who worshipped their cars or anything else as if there's nuthin else better......
if this is a thread about worshipping Skylines, Evos, Subarus....I would also put my stand down...!
Somtimes I just dont get it whereby ppl are so biased and blinded. It's like...oh I'm driving a monster...ur driving a kitten....so u kenot join me... (or...oh Turbo oni...no N/A; or....VTEC oni...blah blah blah...)
just dun like that type of concept...
everyone has their preference.....
*sigh*

GSRTurbo

500 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
its because 86 shell is lighter than fc and the rotary is more powerful than the 4age, so how to put a 4age when the fc body shell is so heavy. comparatively.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Hmmm....I beg to differ, I reckon putting a rotary into an Ae86 is not entirely just for the power potential.

Please keep in mind that a rotary engine is a very compact powerplant. Its really is tiny compared to a straight six or even a 4 potter.

This allows the engine to be placed nearer to the car's centre of gravity and thus making the car a whole lot more well balanced. Having your engine behind your front axle definitely offers a lot more handling potential and prowess.

A rotary engine's main benefits to the RX is not really about its power output potential but more likely the gain in handling benefits.

An RX was never designed for letting it rear slide around in oversteer heroics. It is a focused and precise machine meant to deliver sweet all round track handling. I am sure as most enthusiasts would know that a car with plenty of on track grip will never really like sliding around as its fundamentals were designed to offer as much grip as possible.

Its like asking a rottweiler to mew.

I've also noticed that in D1, a lot more points are given to FCs that are able to sustain drift although their angles whilst drifting may not be as extreme as other car platforms. This I believe is from the fact that the D1 judges (Japs Included) understand the dynamics shared as above. So making a car that hates being sideways actually go sideways is a point greatly understood and appreciated.

Btw, I saw Kazama san of D1 fame actually struggling harder to drift an FC than any other car he was given to drive in Shah Alam. This includes the FD. He actually hit the tire walls due to the low polar gravity point of the FC. In another words, an FC is pretty non-user friendly when it exceeds its grip limits around bends.

The FC hangs on tights in a corner but when the chassis actually bites back; it bites back hard!

I've tired it first hand believe me....

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
haha....I dun think there's any car made meant for going sideways..
unless of cos the makers bunch are crazy lunatics....

hahahahaha

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
no offence but i rather take the ae86......hehe if can find cheap one......fc is not a practical car bec. mainly it is a sports car, havin a rotary engine cannot compare to toyota's tough engineering engine. ae86 was made as a normal toyota sports model away from the likes of mr2 and supra, so one can always count on its reliability...cannot say it is the best, but in the long run, the ae86 will always survive compared to the fc......aniway, my point is that in power terms, obviously fc is more powerful, unless it is a f888ker trying to be an idiot, but when it comes to handling, small tiny and light cars always have an advantage.....for example the mini, slow and boring but corner handlling like a sports car.:_:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
never look down on mini...especially when BMW took over the new minis...
look at the way they whack corners....damn low center gravity + wide wheel base....
hhhmmm....it basically sticks to the ground on tight turnings.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
hahaha...........
can't stop laughing!

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
of coz AE86. FC need high maintainence because have to overhaul every 50k mileage

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
rinagi, every car needs maintanence la... and you dont need to overhaul every 50k mil. you take care of the car properly, what for need to overhaul so fast?
ask phat7, he's the sifu.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu here..just wanna know...if i wish to add Oil Cooler to my car..can i used those steel braided hose ah...or only the normal rubber pressure hose is good enuf liao...coz heard that it is easy to crack by using those rubber type hose..n where can i get those steel hose leh..? thanks alot.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience