Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rx-7 Fc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sky7

Known Member
May 5, 2005
rollakid,

i dont think ur calculation is correct. the power shouldn't be in 1 cycle only. power peak in 6k++ rpm maybe. so it's more than a cycle

takumi_86

Known Member
Apr 25, 2006
well just a put a super touring engine(jap spec) and lsd and this car is unbeaten in hill side racing ! power 2 toyota

7500RPM

Known Member
Aug 14, 2005
KL
AE86 RULE!

Who started this threat anyway? trouble maker. very racist this thread!. must delete!
if go on any longer, will make ppl feel angry and offended.

AE 86 RULE!

ahahhahaha..:P

Act-4

Known Member
Jul 22, 2004
vote for fc...ehm...body cutting is more sexy than ae86.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
I wonder is there really a title that mentioned 86 as the king of car for drift??.....
just that someone glorifies it; it doesn't make the 86 as the king of drift...right?!...
there's still many old skoll toyotas; other japanese makes....even american makes or even european cars.....

so why the title "King of drift"?

Keiichi Tsuchiya is crowned King of drift...that's a fact! but not the car!.....if yes; pls show me an article that got everyone's agreements that 86 are the king of cars for drift.

with supporting logical explaination you can glorify the car. If you said it's because it's oldskool but still powerful thus u prefer the car...than I agree with you. But dun ever mentioned or put down a statement such as "king of drift". That still leaves a lot to debate...

Sorry for being harsh....but pls grow up!

theseira

Known Member
Oct 18, 2006
135ps vs 205ps - Standard

160-215ps vs 280-466ps - Modified (driveable on road)

I think both cars are equally desirable in their respective ways. As for spares...both are easily available and cheap if you know where to look. For me...I think being able to drive a car without pistons is special. Trust me...if you've ever driven a rotary you will know what i mean when i say Rotary's Rock. Smooth, revvy and it gives out a distinctive sound only rotaries can make....plus the fire works from the exhaust.

Funny, before the Initial D cartoon came out....the 86 was going for like 12-17K in good condition. Now...there are some going for close to 56K. Don't get mad AE86 fans, I am also an 86 fan but rotaries for me are the ultimate high.:mouth_closed:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
theseira, u got the point there which I think a lot of ppl would agree....
anyway, just for some clarification.
dirft was a common thing in Japan even before Initial-D. Btw, Initial-D comic came about because the illustrator was obssesed with drift and also Tsuchiya. Thus he potrayed AE86 which is driven by Tsuchiya.
Nevertheless; the price has increased a lot since Initial-D. Even before than, a lot of ppl know that 86 has the potentials. But no one really appreciates it until most of the Initial-D fans out there start charging into the market to get the so called lengedary drift car.
I know AE86 is a good car, but I just can't stand ppl glorify the car as if there's no other car out there better than it!

Another example I would like to make.....is F1. Ferrari with Schuey driving it always wins. Try putting Alex Yong behind the wheel of the car....could he pushed the max potentials? Or try utting Shuey into a Minardi....could he still win races?

My point is; drivers and their cars needs to be in-sync....ie. he knows how to handle the car he's driving. He understand what's the potentials and wats the limits. By getting an AE86 doesn't really make you a god in drift. By getting a GTR doesn't make u god in drags. But obviously u might have the upperhand....thats' all!

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
b00n said:
I wonder is there really a title that mentioned 86 as the king of car for drift??.....
just that someone glorifies it; it doesn't make the 86 as the king of drift...right?!...
there's still many old skoll toyotas; other japanese makes....even american makes or even european cars.....

so why the title "King of drift"?

Keiichi Tsuchiya is crowned King of drift...that's a fact! but not the car!.....if yes; pls show me an article that got everyone's agreements that 86 are the king of cars for drift.

with supporting logical explaination you can glorify the car. If you said it's because it's oldskool but still powerful thus u prefer the car...than I agree with you. But dun ever mentioned or put down a statement such as "king of drift". That still leaves a lot to debate...

Sorry for being harsh....but pls grow up!
omg boon.. really nicely said.. wanted to say that when the "king of Drift" statement came out without a specific reason.. i...really..respect..you..:shocked:

GSRTurbo

500 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
All japanese 90s rwd sports car are over price , not just 86 because there is a demand for those cars which is cause by drifting. Take for example when I look at motor trader for 180sx in 2000/2001 the price is 50/60k which is still selling at that price now after 5 - 6 yrs, Doesn't the car deppreciate in value. Or for example the rx-7 prices for those cars are in the region of 30 - 40k which is still the same.
But other cars like evos & subaru have drop in their value. Just that 86 are a little hype up because of intial-d.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
yeah.. if takumi were to drive other cars, i'm sure that the car that takumi drives would be worshipped instead of the AE86.

theseira

Known Member
Oct 18, 2006
One more thing...I've heard of AE86's in Japan putting in rotary engines but never the other way around-la.:mouth_closed:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can somebody explain me which one is RECARO SR, SR2, SR3, Millenium, Evo2, Evo3? Its all seems the same to me....I got some pics for those sifu...Easier to explain...

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience