Add turbo kit on 4g13p

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

hayabuza

1,000 RPM
Jul 22, 2005
Klang
Bro...i doubt ur engine will last long...it's a bit of suicide mods u got there. For 10 cars that have done a turbo kit upgrade on stock engine only 1-2 will suceed. But if ur project works well, we all here are proud that u didnt listen to us and carry out ur project...:_:

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
Honestly speaking... U guys remind me of old uncles who wont dare to try anything.. what happen to innovation in mechanics? So discouraging.. "Sure this problem, Sure that problem.." at least billy is trying out something new.. Even if you are giving some proper advice.. at least try to be less discouraging.. give billy some credit guys..

The Editor in hypertune was talking about CARB BOT... billy is doing BOT on an EFI.. the difference is BIG..

And Kancil Turbo is NOT slow..

Dont mean to offend anyone directly... just wanted to vent a little...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
haha... yah yah, if u got the money to play with, no harm going for 4g13 BOT... but in a consumer point of view, we usually wont wanna dump money into the sea...

yeah, u guys should encourage him to spend his money and see what's the feedback... good or bad, his problem ma...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
haha... yah yah, if u got the money to play with, no harm going for 4g13 BOT... but in a consumer point of view, we usually wont wanna dump money into the sea...

yeah, u guys should encourage him to spend his money and see what's the feedback... good or bad, his problem ma...
yeah, totally... so, umm..... I support him to his own problem! :biggrin: er... wait, i think sumthin wrong with my sentence.. errr... :shcokedcamo:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
y stock engine cannot taruh turbo?

engine cannot tahan ah?

or just proton stock engine cannot tahan turbo only?

how about if Honda stock engine? can taruh turbo?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
any engine also can taruk turbo... jz that u cannot boost it high because the internal parts arent strong enough... same case goes for honda engine...

thats why BOT is expensive coz need to replace the internal parts with forged components... the amount spent to rebuild the engine with forged item is enough for u to get a proper turbo engine....

correct me if wrong...

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
ya... what skywalker said is correct... stock engine with stock internal parts arent strong enough for the power of turbo.. Especially the high compression of turbos.. It will make the engine suffers.. N if boost too much.. Might face the possibity of "ka-booming" ur engine...

cheers

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
errr.... i thought turbo cars has lesser compression compare to normal engine??... err err.... or i made a mistake here??...

high boost = less compression ???...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
lol ok ok......then if i get those turbo engine like MIVEC or GSR

just engine only ma......many thing din mod....like extrator....intercooler.....those everything need to mod as well? BOV

btw what is BOT?

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
m?? sky, i thought turbo sucks more air.. and compress it into engine... therefore making it highly compressed inside the combustion chamber??? We have to wait turbo masta come to guide us lah.. hehe

gohkokeng taikor.. BOT = Bolt On Turbo. MIVEC as far as i know.. it is a NA engine... Only some ppl mod it to turbo engines... While GSR i'm not quite sure...

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
skywalker u got it all wrong with the compression thing.. normally when we say high compression engine it doesn't actually mean high compression engine.. the Compression ratio we are talking about this actually the VOLUME at BDC (Bottom Dead Center) and TDC (Top Dead Center) do not be confuse with the meaning of compression... its actually a ratio of volume... Turbo car need lower compression ratio is because we need more volume TDC if not when the air n fuel mix together in a very small area the fuel reach its flash point faster and therefore result in the effect call pinging... which is bad for the engine n bad for hp gain..

So turbo engine actually has to be able to withstand high compression in other words high pressure.. as the air coming in are normally are two times higher in pressure than our atmosphere.. and actually botling a small turbo to a car like this is actually quite good in a way.. boosting maybe at a maximum of 0.5 its more than enough 2 put abit of fun factor and give you the power when u need it.. and there isn't much lag... nice mod u have there

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Dino@Casper said:
skywalker u got it all wrong with the compression thing.. normally when we say high compression engine it doesn't actually mean high compression engine.. the Compression ratio we are talking about this actually the VOLUME at BDC (Bottom Dead Center) and TDC (Top Dead Center) do not be confuse with the meaning of compression... its actually a ratio of volume... Turbo car need lower compression ratio is because we need more volume TDC if not when the air n fuel mix together in a very small area the fuel reach its flash point faster and therefore result in the effect call pinging... which is bad for the engine n bad for hp gain..

So turbo engine actually has to be able to withstand high compression in other words high pressure.. as the air coming in are normally are two times higher in pressure than our atmosphere.. and actually botling a small turbo to a car like this is actually quite good in a way.. boosting maybe at a maximum of 0.5 its more than enough 2 put abit of fun factor and give you the power when u need it.. and there isn't much lag... nice mod u have there
icic.... so turbo cars has high compression but low compression ratio... hmm.... sorry lar sifooo, i still noobie....:X-:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
skywalker no worries explanning to you only ... small matter... sharing what i know... there are still things i need people 2 teach me too..

oh yah and with honda engines bolt on superchargers or turbo right... actually the block really cannot take it.. the block would give way... so normally the whole block is custom made.. to match the original head.. thats from my experince.. this block normally cause a bomb to be build.. though normal in US we seldom can find it here....

Billy i would say job well done with your car.. u dare to do something people normally wouldn't do.. from what i have learn.. erm.. i have seen ori waja with stock internals boosting at 0.7 bar... according to people i work it.. thats still safe as long its well tune.. for your car maybe keep it at 0.5 and u should be okay.. not too much lag i hope.. but good project.. well done.. Oh yah forgot one thing.. u are using an auto gearbox right.. i think u ur budget permits add a cooler for ur gearbox.. if not i think it will say buh bye soon enough..

Last edited:

billy_t

Apr 7, 2006
will let u know after complet my job...keep update..

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
good luck bro billy on ur mod!can't wait to see when its done

btw, i think if u do TMIC will be better la, can avoid lag a bit..i saw those intercooler pipings re too long to cope with ur engine setup..

"jusmatoosen"

happy boosting! :_:

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
nitrus said:
T = Tak
M = Mau
I = Inter
C = Cooler

:angel_smile:
hahaha!!u got me aaa!!
its top mount intercooler billy bro, just like on L2's , YRV , impreza..sumthin like that lah..proven can reduce lag but not too efficient bcos the engine heat .btw, how's ur project? i really wanna know bcos my friend also want to do BOT on his 1.5, but with all internals replaced, PnP, high cam, ebc, standalone..bla..bla..bla.dunnolah what gonna happen, just wait and see.

happy boosting:_: