Adaptronic or Microtech for BT engine?

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi sifus,

Just wondering if my BT engine is stock, if I want to install standalone ECU, will it make any big difference in terms of power & HP?

Adaptronic & Microtech which one is better for BT engines?

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
standalone for standard engine wont bring any significant increase in performance.. u need a balance between performance parts and management to get the best out of your engine

there are few criteria to get higher output

1. healthy engine
2. intake
3. exhaust
4. electronics / ignition

i see that quite a number of ppl with standard engine using only trumpet and extractor/exhaust system already quite satisfying results. however it is a difficult path to choose.. either to go for electronic first or mechanical first..

for me i would try the piggy back plus mechanical upgrade.. then only consider about standalone.. there are few management in the market, f con v-pro, haltec, motec, adaptronic, freedom etc.... but the if i wanna install.. the first thing that comes in my mind is who will do the setting?
for example, one of my fren is using f-con v-pro.. and the only guy that is very good in southeast asia is from thailand, mr toon's student... forgot the name already... so for any minor upgrade or changes in engine.. retuning is required for best results.i doubt that you will have time n money to send for retune every time you change something right? so it is best if you can get your best mechanical upgrade ( extractor, trumpet, plug cable, o2 sensor, engine compression.... ) before goin for standalone... and make sure some one is there to tune the standalone for best results..

that is only my 2 cents.. other sifus plz voice out if i m wrong...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi sifus,

Just wondering if my BT engine is stock, if I want to install standalone ECU, will it make any big difference in terms of power & HP?

Adaptronic & Microtech which one is better for BT engines?
You won't get much from stock engine la... Totally waste money project only...
Unless you install high cam, 5AG system, use DLI firing system, turbo and etc about internal upgrade..... Then only time for using Stand alone ECU.

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
You won't get much from stock engine la... Totally waste money project only...
Unless you install high cam, 5AG system, use DLI firing system, turbo and etc about internal upgrade..... Then only time for using Stand alone ECU.
actually if mod only trumpet n exhaust system already can start to play piggyback.. have seen damn fast 20v also... can play with b16b... if no mod then dun waste money on standalone.. useless..

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
actually if mod only trumpet n exhaust system already can start to play piggyback.. have seen damn fast 20v also... can play with b16b... if no mod then dun waste money on standalone.. useless..
Enough of thinking to VS here and there la... B16B if with loaded mod, i think our BT won't able to smell his ass too...

BT stock (6 speed) VS B16B stock = Confirmed B16B win! Unless miss gear...

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
there are some "special" case bt laying around... only we dunno of... trust me.. i was lucky enough to know 2 of them.. juz they all are low profile only, too bad i was not there to witness..

no management, only trumpet n extractor + piping, semi racing clutch vs b16b of almost the same spec, play with 2 different cars, win some lose some, no cash..juz for fun.. hehehe.. next time must go n take videos liao..

Last edited:

benjaminn78

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2005
stock engine with Adaptronic....such a rich guy...n waste money....heheh...i saw u open so many threat...but modify car is step by step improvement...try to learn walk before run...just my cent..:)

Last edited:

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
eh, i have to disagree...
but u all said waste money etc2, u all tried ka?
toyota ecu, being conservative... maybe 90% potential. unlock 10% maybe 10-20 hp. u said not worth? try before u said anything and what ever u didnt try, dont say any speculations.

benjaminn78

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2005
2 years back...

i test standard bt - whp 120
Emanage - whp 125
standalone (forgot wat brand, but is standalone) - whp 130.

for me not worth it...just my cent.. :)

maybe nowday adaptronic more advance...can gain 15hp for standard??

Last edited:

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Standalone can:

- Safely increase rev and more peakpower (need dynotune)
- More stable and higher torque powerband
- No speed limit
- Map A/F and ignition to optimum

Its not the increase of 10hp-15hp importance, its the engine respond and stability which is alot better than using piggyback.

But the main power still comes from a well build engine with performance aftermarket parts. Displacement, airflow of the engine block and the valve lifts are on of the crucial parts.

Do not expect plonk in a standalone n hoping for huge gains, it dont works that way.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

anyway, BT still 1600cc lar.....so small displacement, how to kill B16C ? @.@

benjaminn78

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2005
is true standalone able to gain the engine respond and stability....but increase of hp also very important....cos u spend so much of money....but end up with little hp gain....u know the feeling is damn down....i got this kind of feeling b4...hahhaa....

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
is true standalone able to gain the engine respond and stability....but increase of hp also very important....cos u spend so much of money....but end up with little hp gain....u know the feeling is damn down....i got this kind of feeling b4...hahhaa....
me too.....haha

anuar_fadzli

500 RPM
May 10, 2005
kl
for me just try if u wan. keep it if u satisfied with it and sold cheap cheap in u think not worth to used it. hehehehe:burnout::burnout:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
I do test before... The result didn't impress me alot...
But, respond is improved... Sadly the FC also turn high too...

My past result...
SC12 + 4AGZE (stock) + Oversize pulley + Stock ECU = 148 WHP
SC12 + 4AGZE (stock) + Oversize Pulley + Haltec E6X = 156 WHP
SC14 + 4AGZE (stock) + Oversize Pulley + stock ECU = 167 WHP
SC14 + 4AGZE (stock) + Oversize Pulley + Haltec E6X = 175 WHP
SC14 + 4AGZE (Aftermarket Piston 81.5mm + BC Rod + 272 high cam in ex ) + Oversize Pulley + Stock ECU = 175 WHP
SC14 + 4AGZE (Aftermarket Piston 81.5mm + BC Rod + 272 high cam in ex) + Oversize Pulley + Haltec E6X = 193 WHP

Note: my result is base on boost 0.9 bar

Last edited:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I think going for standalone should be one of the final upgrade decision once the engine has been fully done up (cams,piston,etc). For starters, I think piggyback should be well suited (judging by the price and performance). For eg, Emanage can increase about 10hp on wheel while standalone can do 15-20hp (depending on setup), I think price wise piggyback is more acceptable. But still, some will argue that Emanage is useless (no offence).

Besides, tuning a standalone for daily drive is not easy as most tuners do race tuning only. Running with a/c and all other equipments on standalone takes more tuning time and if not properly done, your daily ride will cause you a lot of headache. Car manufacturers spent years developing the ECU which involves many variables, different conditions, loads, temperatures, humidity, fuel and etc.

I think its best if you go ask the tuners directly, check to see if their standalone can guarantee your expected HP gain. A good tuner should be able to tell you the pros, cons and expected gain as per your engine's spec.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things were a bit slow with the Z project as our project partner, has been moving his old establishment to his new one in Sunway Damansara area. He has updated and sent me some photos when I was travelling in Europe.

Judging from the photos...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience