Achilles ATR Sport

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Any reviews on ATR Sports 2? I am almost coming to my 2nd year on the same ATR Sports 1. I know all the pro and cons of this tyre.

Hoping ATR Sports 2 will improve it further.

mofisa

Mar 6, 2009
this tyre is AWESOME!!
love it..be it wet or dry. karak genting sempah LPT is not a problem.hehe

Roger89

Known Member
Jan 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
^ very good on you! I feel the same as well.

One problem I detected after more than 1 year usage is the incredibly soft sidewalls.. due to my front spring I changed to 6k (wira 1.5).. now whenever going over uneven bumpy road the tyre literally bounces like a balloon. So it is bouncy at low speeds. Definitely is the tyre sidewalls becuse when I press the bonnet and let it rebound can see it is the tyre that gets compressed. Anyone having this same problem?

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
the sidewall of the tyre is lil bit soft..so u must be very careful on the tyre pressure..if not cepat makan tepi..

mofisa

Mar 6, 2009
i have heard someone told me before that this ATR is need our special care on the tyre pressure. have to ensure the tyre always has it's optimum pressure.

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
but the traction for me is the best for budget tyre..the aquaplaning is good also..

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
true.. shall I say my front tyres are at 44psi? :D.. the grip and steering gets better with higher psi. Wira is very front heavy..
it is base on ur tire size lahh bro..like mine 205/40/17 i put 240 kPa/34.5 psi..if i put higher pressure tire confirm will not grip..n if i put less then the tire will makan tepi..so be careful..n the best way is u try to ask the tire shop..n u isi urself the tire because sumtimes their readings not really accurate

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
true.. shall I say my front tyres are at 44psi? :D.. the grip and steering gets better with higher psi. Wira is very front heavy..
Wow! 44psi that is pretty high. Not bumpy? Max should be around 38psi

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

i put 250kPa like a bawse for fuel efficiency.muehahaha
Yup, my 45 series also 240 to 250kpa....

Roger89

Known Member
Jan 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Wow! 44psi that is pretty high. Not bumpy? Max should be around 38psi

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Yup, my 45 series also 240 to 250kpa....
Nop! My 195/55/15 still a little bouncy at low speeds.. like i say soft sidewall. The higher pressure helped a bit..

I pump to 44psi as it is max rating stated on sidewall..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nop! My 195/55/15 still a little bouncy at low speeds.. like i say soft sidewall. The higher pressure helped a bit..

I pump to 44psi as it is max rating stated on sidewall..
The max rating on the sidewall usually is for beading the tyres to the rims and not max pressure for use.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
WHUT.
I always pump using the max tyre pressure!
:banghead:
These are a few info that I can find....

Maximum pressure is also stated on the tire sidewall. This is different for a tires recommended tire pressure. This number is the maximum cold pressure necessary to carry the maximum load for which the tire is rated.

TIRE MOUNTING

Tire mounting must be performed by specially trained personnel using proper tools and procedures. Failure to follow safe mounting procedures can result in faulty positioning of the tire and cause the assembly to burst with explosive force sufficient to cause serious personal injury and death. Clean rim and lubricate beads with rubber lubricant. Always lock rim on mounting machine or place assembly in safety cage. Use air hose with clip on chuck and extension air gauge. Never exceed maximum recommended PSI to seat beads on rim. Excessive air pressure can damage the tire and cause it to violently blow off the wheel. After mounting, adjust to recommended inflation pressure.

Maximum Air Pressure - "300 kPa [44 psi]"

This indicates the maximum operating inflation pressure of the tire. It does not indicate the manufacturer's recommended inflation pressure, nor does it indicate the proper air pressure based on the vehicle the tire is mounted on. This category is also based on NHTSA standards.

Using the max air pressure, when the tyres get hot when running will make the air pressure go over the max. Probably if want to use max pressure pump up to 40 to 42 to allow for heat expansion

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forumers and sifus here,

Just want to ask on this matter. I'm hoping for soem good advice and opinions especially from those who have done cross-drilled/slotted rotor in a machine/engineering shop. This happens to be the trend as it is cheap and looks cool.

1. Does it have any benefit in daily drive/track?
2. Does it have any bad effects such as reliability issues?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience