Self made cross-drilled/slotted rotor (Yes or No)?

Self made cross-drilled/slotted rotor?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear forumers and sifus here,

Just want to ask on this matter. I'm hoping for soem good advice and opinions especially from those who have done cross-drilled/slotted rotor in a machine/engineering shop. This happens to be the trend as it is cheap and looks cool.

1. Does it have any benefit in daily drive/track?
2. Does it have any bad effects such as reliability issues?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i dont suggest a diy cross-drilled discs, get a set dat originally design with drilled slots in them

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Too risky, bro.

Ask yourself this....

if discs are so easily drilled and made based on standard OEM disc, then hi-performance brake manufacturers can close shop liow.

Buy reputable drilled/slotted discs.

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
I did a cross-drilled on my stock disc before and it was alright for the first month until one day, I had to do an emergency braking and from there onwards, there has been scratching sound everytime I press the brake. After inspecting it, turns out the was a hair line crack on the holes that were drilled and end up me buying another set of aftermarket dics (proper one of course).

I met couple of privateer racers claim that its the cheapest method in enhancing their car stopping power but they sent it to a reputable engineering shop to do it for them.

By the way, aftermarket performance disc are way thicker than your stock and treated to withstand heavy abuse from your right leg :biggrin:

As for my opinion, save some money and buy a proper disc which ensure quality and most important of all, SAFETY! :rock:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just make sure the engineering shop who did it make proper measurement and equal drilling on both disc....no problem if done correctly....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I did a cross-drilled on my stock disc before and it was alright for the first month until one day, I had to do an emergency braking and from there onwards, there has been scratching sound everytime I press the brake. After inspecting it, turns out the was a hair line crack on the holes that were drilled and end up me buying another set of aftermarket dics (proper one of course).

I met couple of privateer racers claim that its the cheapest method in enhancing their car stopping power but they sent it to a reputable engineering shop to do it for them.

By the way, aftermarket performance disc are way thicker than your stock and treated to withstand heavy abuse from your right leg :biggrin:

As for my opinion, save some money and buy a proper disc which ensure quality and most important of all, SAFETY! :rock:
yes its true...i also cross drilled my discs....after a while a hairline crack will appear......i also dont recomend to do it.

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
i will avoid drilled rotor, slotted is enuf already, tbh i prefer blank rotor because it has more surface area, but since i'm running on 800° pads, i have to use slotted rotor so it will help to get the pads up to temperature faster

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
What? LOL... Suddenly jadi poll pulak...
Thanks for your feedback guys... Now I think I better not do it. Better save up and get new rotors next time.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
cross drilled rotors cool down fast. DIY on OEM? possibilities for hair line crack? 100% confirm. I've seen 2 pots, 4 pots, even a floated disc that was DIY cross drilled, eventually ended up with hair line crack.

slotted i guess its just for the sake of having a clean and shiny rotors?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
new replacement brake discs are quite affordable these days. There are many manufacturer out there.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hmm... So far, mostly negative comments on cross-drilled. How about slotted? Any problems?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently i buy a car wax from a shoppe.the wax from Autoglymis so amazing.that is utra deep shine.have anybody try before,any comment?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience