4G93T Club

kuyeen

3,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2005
kl
hi guys...:wavey:

stephenchan

Feb 6, 2007
Putting downpipe will it increase hp?currenly using stock turbo td04,evo ecu and airflow evo.got anyone selling downpipe td04?

fifty50

Dec 14, 2007
Thanks sifu SpeedDemon...
actually my engine is quite OK...
but i think my GSR is not have enough power like others...

ok,let's start with chapter one...
how about suspension?
is using adjustable is compulsory?

then how's brake system?
do i really need to change to other servo pump..etc pajero's?

thanks in advance for ur opinions & suggestions

shiyau

Oct 17, 2011
Perak
Thanks sifu SpeedDemon...
actually my engine is quite OK...
but i think my GSR is not have enough power like others...

ok,let's start with chapter one...
how about suspension?
is using adjustable is compulsory?

then how's brake system?
do i really need to change to other servo pump..etc pajero's?

thanks in advance for ur opinions & suggestions
adjustables, well, depends on what setting you want. If you want comfort, then just back to stock or OEM. Adjustables are only meant for hard altho you can set it soft but then if you set it soft then no point using adjustables.

stock standard setup for GSR turbo is running on max 0.6 bar. If you wanna go higher, yes you have to mod.

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Agree with shiyau. Depends on what you want. I normally recommend people look at their engine condition and then handling and braking because if your engine isn't in good condition, then whatever mods you do, you won't get the increase in performance as your engine is already "unhealthy".

If your engine is ok, then improving the handling via suspension and braking mods will allow you to push the car to higher speeds with the risk of losing control lessened. No use knowing how to go fast in a straight line (which anyone can do) but not being able to go through corners or brake in time. So adjustables are not compulsory but at least they do give you an option. For myself, I'm using Tein HR which allows me to adjust the height but not the hardness.

For brakes I personally find those of the original GSR or Evo good enough. If you're using stock Proton brakes, then I recommend upgrading to these. Don't forget a good set of brake pads are necessary too. Don't go for full racing pads as those require high temperatures to warm up and bite. In our daily driving, we might not hit those temps at all.

Note this doesn't mean I condone street or illegal racing. :) Track is the best actually because you don't have to worry about upcoming traffic and plenty of space on either side even though you lose control. I went to SIC a few weeks ago and lost it at Turn 5 (I think) at 140km/h and all I got was a broken rear brake light and a dent on the rear fender (though it could have been worse). On the street my car would have been written off and I might not be typing this. :D

P.S. I'm no sifu.

fifty50

Dec 14, 2007
Thanks...

yes, just like what u've said Speed Demon...
just dare to speed up in a straight line but not through corners...haha
:driver:

so Bro Shiyau, i think i'll watch for standard GSR absorber next...
back to basic is better i think...

P/S: Someone who's better than me are my sifu :burnout:

fifty50

Dec 14, 2007
Anyway how about exhaust system?
can u explain in sequence from extractor till muffler?
about size etc...

1 more thing, now im using standard GSR intercooler which located at
the front, right side of my car..
so which type of front-located intercooler is best suit for me?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Hi!! Can i put Je Forged hi comp for Honda B series on 4g93t Turbo Engine? thanks!
thats old school by using honda b series forged pistons. the pin size are different. so you would need to get a matching rod to fit the piston pin. contact me if u are getting a set of forged pistons n rods. i hv them yo..

shiyau

Oct 17, 2011
Perak
Thanks...

yes, just like what u've said Speed Demon...
just dare to speed up in a straight line but not through corners...haha
:driver:

so Bro Shiyau, i think i'll watch for standard GSR absorber next...
back to basic is better i think...

P/S: Someone who's better than me are my sifu :burnout:

just get stock kayaba or sachs absorber will do.. will give u the most comfort~ but of coz since it's not adjustable, you will lose a lil bit on handling

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Hope anyone can enlighten me on this.

usually when we start our car in the morning, engine should be running above 1.5k RPM to warm our engine up right.. but this 2 mornings when I start my car, my car running at 800 to 900 RPM which is normal start up, not warm up.. apa bikin eh?

things that I have done recently :-

3bond TB, Spark plugs changed, engine oil changed, LM Ceratec, Lambda Oil Primer and Tank Otto, idling RPM tuned by mech and he got pusing pusing screw of my FICD oso..

p/s: I dun think that my thermal sensor kong as the fan will still kick in when water temp reaches 90 degree celcius

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
You answered your own question. Your mechanic changed the idling setting when he played round with the FICD. Note that the use of the FICD is to raise the idle immediately when turning on the A/C compressor. The additional idle speed is to help the engine compensate for the added load of these accessories, rather than simply stalling out.

gsr-sam

Known Member
Sep 10, 2005
PJ
Hi....It's good to know this thread is still alive....i havent been in for many many many years.....so whats new on the 4G93T scene......I still have my monster....sleeping most of the time these days but still prepped for the track....downgrading it now for the road.....getting old oredi hahahaah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Plucky would be the best description of the Dacia team that’s aiming to tackle Pikes Peak this year but that is hardly the best description for their weapon of choice. The team will be fielding a fully-reworked Dacia Duster that probably only shares the emblem on the front hood with the production model.

Ice-racing star driver, Jean-Phillipe Dayraut, an Andros Trophy champ, will be piloting the Duster up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience