4G93T Club

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
hello guys I'm planning to do 4G93T with Mivec head 4G92 DOHC. I will be using Wiseco Turbo Pistons 81.50MM 0.5MM oversized, Duratech Conrods, ACL Race bearings and turbo not decided as yet. What parts will be replaced in this conversion any idea ? I will be using 4G92 DOHC Mivec Head, 4G92 Mivec wiring, sensors and ecu. 4G93 Block, pistons, conrods, bearings and head gaskit of 4G93T most probably 2.0MM. What else will I be needing ? I have a confusion in my mind which water should I use ? 4G93 or 4G92 DOHC pump ?
This is the terbalik version aka CM5A and CK series ? Or the older CD5A series ? I think u need computer management since ur mixing mivec and 4g93T tech, u could try askin a few sifu who manage to mix n match successfully, as far as i know if u use mivec ecu, how can it control the fuel ? Turbo need very good fuel control le too lean or too rich and u will have problems later. Most of the problems come if ur too lean tho, rich usually is ok. :biggrin:

Just wan to reconfirm, anyone encounter abit of engine whine ? Not the tepet sound it's abit like grinding sound. I change everything like bearing, belt, only cam gear didn't change. When idling can hear like grek grek grek den nothing den grek grek grek den nothing. I try to get the sound later once the car is in my hands now tidying up the interior and finishin sum touch up.

Anyone can share what item u guys use to stick into the ori bypass valve hole ? I found those rubber stopper from plumbing shop but my mech say it's too soft, scare it might not stand the heat and melt or get sucked into the turbo.

Last edited:

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
This is the terbalik version aka CM5A and CK series ? Or the older CD5A series ? I think u need computer management since ur mixing mivec and 4g93T tech, u could try askin a few sifu who manage to mix n match successfully, as far as i know if u use mivec ecu, how can it control the fuel ? Turbo need very good fuel control le too lean or too rich and u will have problems later. Most of the problems come if ur too lean tho, rich usually is ok. :biggrin:

Just wan to reconfirm, anyone encounter abit of engine whine ? Not the tepet sound it's abit like grinding sound. I change everything like bearing, belt, only cam gear didn't change. When idling can hear like grek grek grek den nothing den grek grek grek den nothing. I try to get the sound later once the car is in my hands now tidying up the interior and finishin sum touch up.

Anyone can share what item u guys use to stick into the ori bypass valve hole ? I found those rubber stopper from plumbing shop but my mech say it's too soft, scare it might not stand the heat and melt or get sucked into the turbo.
Thank you sir for your kind reply. I am using CK4A as it is a Mitsubishi Lancer 2006 Model. I will be going for a standalone ecu for tuning[Fueling, Timing..etc]. But I need a good standalone ecu which has every function anti-lag, stepper motor, launch limiter, mivec controller etc. My aim is for drag no streeting. I have a GT30R lying with me but need to change its housing as it is too big any suggestions for housing ? One thing more can I start my car and run perfectly with stock ecu. The engine came up with Automatic transmission and I am gonna swap manual gear box. Is it just plug in manual gear box or do I need to play with wiring ? In mitsubishi do they have the same ecu for auto and manual transmission ?

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Thank you sir for your kind reply. I am using CK4A as it is a Mitsubishi Lancer 2006 Model. I will be going for a standalone ecu for tuning[Fueling, Timing..etc]. But I need a good standalone ecu which has every function anti-lag, stepper motor, launch limiter, mivec controller etc. My aim is for drag no streeting. I have a GT30R lying with me but need to change its housing as it is too big any suggestions for housing ? One thing more can I start my car and run perfectly with stock ecu. The engine came up with Automatic transmission and I am gonna swap manual gear box. Is it just plug in manual gear box or do I need to play with wiring ? In mitsubishi do they have the same ecu for auto and manual transmission ?
Stand alone will be better for your case, bout the turbo maybe u can try hybrid with evo 4 - 6.5 ? If the GT30R is a brandnew turbo then maybe u can try to customise manifold for it ? If u wanna change gearbox i believe it's pnp but depends on which gearbox u r using ? And ur speedometer might need to change if u want it to look neat I have seen people usin auto speedo with manual just ignore the 1,2,3,4,n,p thingy. Btw depends if ur goin for 4WD or 2WD ? Since u mention drag I suppose it will be a 4wd setup ? CK4A is mivec right ? It should be the engine ? 2006 u should be using CS body lancer i think ?
From the way u mention I think ur not from Malaysia ?

Mitsubishi Mirage - all pics, specs, parts and prices

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
hi wanna know 4g93 gsr n 4g93 gdi turbo manifold the same?
I never compare side by side b4, but I assume it's diff coz one is from the E4-6.5 generation another is from E7-E9 gen ?

Maybe u can try source E7 parts ? I will try to dig more info bout the parts for gdi. :biggrin:

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
a 4G93 GSR manifold will NOT fit a 4G93GDI without modding tge location of the turbo, etc..I assume this is e CS5A

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

forgot to add..if u want the downpipe frm an airtrek turbo will fit

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
a 4G93 GSR manifold will NOT fit a 4G93GDI without modding tge location of the turbo, etc..I assume this is e CS5A

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

forgot to add..if u want the downpipe frm an airtrek turbo will fit
I assume it's the CM5A 4G93 GSR ? or is it the CD5A ? CD the timing belt is on right, CM and CS both the timing belt is on left.

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
yup since gdi only have terbalik punya version..i know the gdi and gsr manifolds cannot swap because the cs5a tf035 and cm5a td04l tapak isnt the same, so u have to swap one shot if u want with the lancer cs5a

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
hey guys.. does the auto gearbox for 4g93t last long? because i m thinking to get an used car with 4g93t auto...

thx for ur answer =p
The ori 1.5 DOHC Triptonic I got gearbox problem b4, this is due to oil change not done properly, other friends with 4G93T triptonic never have major prob, most problem occur from bad oil or boost too much till gearbox can't withstand the power else everything is good without problem.
U can always change to manual later if u find that the triptonic gearbox is not ur cuppa tea. :proud:

weaponzero

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Philippines
Hi Guys! Need your advise here! i recently installed walbro 255lph FP to my 93t. i have my FPR but it feels heavy on the run, do i need to retune my E-manage to resolve the issue? or replace my stock injectors to a much higher one? thanks!

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
IMHO u should retune ur emanage since now ur pumping more fuel to the engine..
more fuel to the engine would make ur engine feel more heavy...

weaponzero

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Philippines
IMHO u should retune ur emanage since now ur pumping more fuel to the engine..
more fuel to the engine would make ur engine feel more heavy...
Thanks!! I also plan to install 450cc injectors before the retune (save time and money). But what would it gain from upgrading from 390cc to 450cc injectors @ stock boost? thanks again!

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
if ur running stock boost, it wouldn't make u gain much...
ppl usually change injectors to boost higher than stock...
if u plan to boost above 1bar than it would be better with bigger injectors...
and if u plan to upgrade in the future....bigger injectors would be useful...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Just to warn you all, my Gen 2 rims and tires got stolen while being parked opposite the Subang Driving Range.. but only 2 pcs, fr and rr on the passenger's side.. Time betweeen 7.30 pm ~ 9 pm...

While making a police report at the Subang police station, found out yesterday itself 4 cases of stolen rims. Mainly at SS18..

So I would advise anybody parking around Subang and staying around there to take precautions.... The Rimming Gang are around...!!! Farkers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience