4G93 DOHC Problems

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i have not driven a car with the mivec box so i have no idea what the ratios are like. I have however driven a car with a short gearbox and a final drive of 4.7. At highway speeds of about 110km/h its at 35000rpm. Car always feels like its ready to go which was nice as it felt perky, but it was tiring to drive outstation on long highways

Reactions: Izso

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
ouch bro...

and the mivec gb ratios are not the same as the 1.8 one but pretty close. But I doubt it'll affect your driving too much. Since it's available now - why not just use it? IIRC the Mivec ratios are pretty long too so for highway driving ok la.

UPDATE - so I just found out after all these years that I've been lied to and there's no 1.8L Mivec. Hahaha.. means those 1.8 Mivecs I saw have been using the 4G93 gb all along.
I was considering hard cos I know that Mivec GB would be hard to come around again, little did I know that the 1.8 is harder to find! Maybe I’m also sceptical about change
Ah yes bro, there’s no 1.8 Mivec. From what I know the 4G93-Mivec hybrids are usually mated to 1.8 or 1.6 Mivec GBs.

hoho better hunt for the above....

mivec boxes are nice and all (lsd was optional i believe) but for ur use case.. long distance driving, im not sure u will like it
I never had a go in the Mivec ones, do you own one bro? How does it feel for long distance?

Hi Bro, one of the groups im in on FB a guy just posted a satria gti gearbox for sale. If you are still hunting you probably can contact him
Thanks for the help out bro! I’ll reach out to him, thanks a lot! Is it safe to say that Mivec 1.6 one gives me better acceleration, 1.8 one better top speed?

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hello sifus after a long long time! I still own the Satria 4G93 DOHC and I need help :biggrin:

Engine ceased at 280K, block cracked open a hole :banghead: Now looking for halfcut or engine for sale! Ipoh area, hit me up please!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hello sifus after a long long time! I still own the Satria 4G93 DOHC and I need help :biggrin:

Engine ceased at 280K, block cracked open a hole :banghead: Now looking for halfcut or engine for sale! Ipoh area, hit me up please!
can try big chop shop nearby Kamunting toll.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello zthm,

Need guide lines from you all in how to take out the cover for the rear (left and right side) The cover i means is the one where all rear speaker is?
Anyone ..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience