4g13 upgrading

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
hey slk,

i think for yr case, for now la.. just get a lighten crank pulley like the JASMA. the effect is satisfying. but be warned that you will lose out in end power( meaning at highspeed ). so yr speedo meter wont be able to go up easily anymore above a certain speed, perhaps 110 haha.

for lighten flywheel, dont do it now as well if ya not planning to replace or get new clutch set because it has high labour charge and it is not worth it. i suggest wait till yr clucth pad kong first.

in my opinion dont do exhaust mode for pick up cuz it will result in higher fuel consumption which have been a problem for you. does a bigger block affect fuel consumption, that i dont know. and if an 850cc kancil can tapao you, i think its probably time for service if minor and if severe spark plug not efficient due to old age. to check whether yr spark plug timing chun or not, smell yr exhaust. heavy patrol smell means the coordination out d. that means incomplete combution due to too much oil being released. so lag of power. this are the posibilities in my opinion la hah. an unhealthy 1.3 will lose teribly to healthy 850cc car.

so in my opinion, basically la, a lighten crank pulley for now is enough already. but do consider the block's pro and cons if it really cost 500 bucks. cuz i think the block will be more worth it as the lighten crank pulley already cost 300 bucks and the block provides much better torque.

good luck :)

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello fellow 4g13 frens.. i drive a wira 1.3 fuel injection 1999.
i hav recently done up my car a little. i juz spend 5k for interior and engine upgrades. exterior stock.
what i've done to the engine:
jasma racing cam
arospeed adj. cam pulley
lightened crank
denso iridium spark plugs
stromberg power booster and plug cables
apexi air filtercharger
4-2-1 wei yip extractor
gab new absorbers and new lowered springs( definately lower and stiffer)

after upgrade definately feel more powerful. pickup damn good. i havents calculated but im sure now my wira 1.3 0-100 less than 9 sec. 2nd gear almost 100 dy. by 3rd already can pass 120 easily. i juz upgrade it as a daily driver only. not to drag. but pick improved a lot. havent tried top speed yet.
1 thing is tat after a installed the racing cam, the exhaust note reli change to a deep growl and has a studdering sound, sort of like subaru's.
anyway im selling of my wira ccfl projector headlights (glass) wit Osram Nightbreaker H7 performance bulbs. the headlamp is juz 2 weeks old. flawless condition, exactly like new. im funding for wira smoke lamps, so whoever wants them can contact me at 0169409045. location at Sri Rampai, KL. can arange meet.. heres the link to the thread:http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/exterior-and-body/357080-wira-projector-ccfl-headlights-for-sale.html thanks guys... happy to meet fellow 4g13ners... cheers optimum performance and good fuel consumption not to mention low roadtax!!!

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
wow great to hear borat. GAB absorbers are awsome. hoping to own one someday haha. keep the spirit going :)

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah bro. thanks. well handling improved a lot too. cornering felt almost no roll. but it drops bout an inch.. so watch out 4 the bumps.. hehe.. wat hav u done bro?

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
i only did lowering so far. my aim is to go for kampung gajah track day. i miss last sunday's track day but hopefully i will be able to go for the next hah. so my concern is not really the acceleration. its the handling cuz this track is all about corners. i plant next to upgrade my breaks to a 1.6 cuz i realised that my 1.3 breaks are not good enough to do last min breaking. and also this december i will be going for the 4-2-1 extractor with a 1.6" piping. so far my stock can pull like yrs pull i guess the its just slower hahah

s.l.k

Dec 18, 2006
yes..
there is a cam, adj cam and a crank if you want to mode it..
just bought the item and haven't install it..
im still searching how to proper tune the cam..
gone let u know when i have install it..

have u done anything on your ride bro..
mind to share..
bro, im reli interested if the adj cam can increase 8hp on standard engine...im not sure how to tune it but these is the link that i saw the statement, may b it can help u...http://www.ben9166.com/2010/06/4g13-and-4g15-modification-from-mild-to.htmlIm not yet do any major modification, now im on the way in research how to get the most effective way to improve my car performance, then sekali gus modified it...thats y i ned more oppinions and experiences frm u all...

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
bro, im reli interested if the adj cam can increase 8hp on standard engine...im not sure how to tune it but these is the link that i saw the statement, may b it can help u...http://www.ben9166.com/2010/06/4g13-and-4g15-modification-from-mild-to.htmlIm not yet do any major modification, now im on the way in research how to get the most effective way to improve my car performance, then sekali gus modified it...thats y i ned more oppinions and experiences frm u all...
thanx for the link..
on the increase, i saw some says so too..
btw, you can use wat borat mode..
some of simple but improve mode..

btw bro, ur using a 4g13 carb or efi..

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

what u mean set up cam??.. pasang and use only laa..
bro sifus sir skywalker.. hehe..
i mean the adjustable cam..
got advance and retard..
that got degree on it..
ehehee..

sorry for the general info i gave b4..

s.l.k

Dec 18, 2006
thanx for the link..
on the increase, i saw some says so too..
btw, you can use wat borat mode..
some of simple but improve mode..

btw bro, ur using a 4g13 carb or efi..
u'r welcome ....
now i still wonder wana change my cam, cam pulley n crank pulley or not...
im driving a 2003 wira aeroback, its a 1.3 injection...but im not sure its ecu is siemen or mitsu. some ppl said siemen ecu is not good for tuning....not all after market lighten crankpulley are suitable for it....bro, may i kno wat brand crank pulley r u using?

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

hey slk,

i think for yr case, for now la.. just get a lighten crank pulley like the JASMA. the effect is satisfying. but be warned that you will lose out in end power( meaning at highspeed ). so yr speedo meter wont be able to go up easily anymore above a certain speed, perhaps 110 haha.

for lighten flywheel, dont do it now as well if ya not planning to replace or get new clutch set because it has high labour charge and it is not worth it. i suggest wait till yr clucth pad kong first.

in my opinion dont do exhaust mode for pick up cuz it will result in higher fuel consumption which have been a problem for you. does a bigger block affect fuel consumption, that i dont know. and if an 850cc kancil can tapao you, i think its probably time for service if minor and if severe spark plug not efficient due to old age. to check whether yr spark plug timing chun or not, smell yr exhaust. heavy patrol smell means the coordination out d. that means incomplete combution due to too much oil being released. so lag of power. this are the posibilities in my opinion la hah. an unhealthy 1.3 will lose teribly to healthy 850cc car.

so in my opinion, basically la, a lighten crank pulley for now is enough already. but do consider the block's pro and cons if it really cost 500 bucks. cuz i think the block will be more worth it as the lighten crank pulley already cost 300 bucks and the block provides much better torque.

good luck :)
bro, reli thanks for ur suggestion ...its help me alot....
u mean if i change the crankshaft to the lighten1, the pickup will be good but its hard to reach 110km/h?

i just go n shop the halfcut shop in seremban area few days ago, the PIC said now a day they dint sel engine block seperately, they sel engine togather...n the 4g15 engine kosong cost 1.8k...500 bucks for a engine block i think is many years ago....

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

hello fellow 4g13 frens.. i drive a wira 1.3 fuel injection 1999.
i hav recently done up my car a little. i juz spend 5k for interior and engine upgrades. exterior stock.
what i've done to the engine:
jasma racing cam
arospeed adj. cam pulley
lightened crank
denso iridium spark plugs
stromberg power booster and plug cables
apexi air filtercharger
4-2-1 wei yip extractor
gab new absorbers and new lowered springs( definately lower and stiffer)
brother borat, thanks for ur sharing....
i drive a 1.3 injection wira aeroback year 2003, if i wana change my cam, cam pulley and crank...the brand that u use izit suitable for my ecu? heard some said that different ecu hav different design for it...

mine to share what deg r u tune for ur cam?

:biggrin:

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
hey slk,

yes your pick up will be very much better but once it hits 110 onwards, yr speedo meter will move up slower d. my friends car liddat thats why haha.

bout the bout block keep trying to look around. i think they still should have.i suggest a 1.6 block cuz more syok la haha. but it cannot fit our 1.3 so you gotta bore the block.

im also new and i mode slowly. i suggest you do the same. cuz the wrong mode will result in side effects that will end u up wasting lots of money. just take suggestions. cuz alot of ppl here suggest to you their modes for their type of driving. so u gotta see what type of driver you are first. for example, thrs no point upgrading exhaust system for better pick up cuz yr fuel consumption will be higher when u can actually tarik more with yr stock engine with the almost the same amount of fuel consumption used. tarik less, less power and less fuel consumption.. and vice verca. thats if yr ride is a manual of course haha. just my opinion la. some may think differently

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
i just bought jasma item.. all the items that u mention..
but still got no time to install..
on the different engine and different item, im not so sure..
if dats true, you cant follow mine,
coz i am using 4g13 with no brain..
just got a carb.. eheheee..

btw, on the exhaust system..
some says that is a basic mode so that your car can run smooth..
the extractor can increase the pickup and long if im not mistaken bro..
correct me if im wrong..

btw, wana add..
install CAI..
cold air is good for your engine rather that hot engine from engine bay..

one more, dont use heavy rims..
hehe..
will decrease your pickup..
for sure..
like mine.. ehehehe..
pickup not so gud..

Mus Bai Mus

From Facebook
Nov 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
for time being,this is my mode:
421 extractor+nanas+center bullet
koni sport spring
voltage stabilizer+grounding
hks micro compressor+hks magnetic fuel saver
bosch sport plug+denso iridium power IW16
apexi dual flow open pot+cold intake

guess what???
my 4g13 goes better pikap n less fc.....i had my way from kl to penang only rm50 ron95.....
hahahha.....that my mode.....

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
To the topic starter ...In my humble opinion ...if you are planning to sell your car in the future and not gonna keep it even if you get another new car ...i kindly advise you not to touch the internals ...maybe you could go for exhaust system mod ...get either wira se or hotbits extractor ...money much more worth it ...replace the catcon to bullet if you want ...piping diameter stay stock ...muffler its up to your preference ....s-flow or straight flow will do ... many of you guys will be wondering is s-flow suit for manual ? base on my experience ...its the matter of the quality and who made it ...for me ..s-flow for more backpressure hence better response in low end but not for mid range rpm onwards ...airfilter you may stay to drop-in ...juz change to aftermarket drop-in air filter such as knn will do ... this 2 mod may give your engine nice and responsive enough to drive ...if you are planning to keep the car even in the future will be your toy car ...there's 2 options for you ..its either you go get a 1.5 block and stroke it to 1.6 ...or stay with your current 4g13 block and stroke it up to 1430cc ... this 2 options is reliable enough and fun to drive with it ...make sure change your radiator to 1.6 to prevent your engine having overheat issue ...later on you may go for cam if you want ... source for billet pipercam ...else ..go for powerzone and pair with an adjustable cam gear to tweak the powerband base on your preference ....and lastly ...a PnP headjob ....Hope this information may give some helps to you ... Happy modding

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
brother borat, thanks for ur sharing....
i drive a 1.3 injection wira aeroback year 2003, if i wana change my cam, cam pulley and crank...the brand that u use izit suitable for my ecu? heard some said that different ecu hav different design for it...

mine to share what deg r u tune for ur cam?

:biggrin:
im not so sure bout the ECUs bro. im driving a wira 1.3 fuel injection 1999. so i think mine is a mitsu??
my cam degree is 270 at intake and 275 at exhaust.
heres the link to my cam bro.http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/333799-jasma-4g13-4g15-highcam.html

i dont noe wats my tuning for the cam bro. the mechanic juz installed and set it without asking me.
but i felt the power band was quite optimum so i juz left it tat way bro. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

for time being,this is my mode:
421 extractor+nanas+center bullet
koni sport spring
voltage stabilizer+grounding
hks micro compressor+hks magnetic fuel saver
bosch sport plug+denso iridium power IW16
apexi dual flow open pot+cold intake

guess what???
my 4g13 goes better pikap n less fc.....i had my way from kl to penang only rm50 ron95.....
hahahha.....that my mode.....
hello bro mus.. wanna ask the voltage stabilizer+grounding is it useful? mind sharing how much you bought them bro?
wat bout the hks micro compressor+hks magnetic fuel saver? works well? how much are those too bro... thanks...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

hey guys wanna ask wat is the biggest size rims that can be fitted on wira 1.3??

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

juz wante to share wit u guys tat this guy selling stuff qite cheap.
Hks grounding wire he selling juz rm20. im gonna get from him.. free postage too from 16th to 25th tis month.. heres his thread :http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/356931-wts-hks-product.html and heres his page :http://10tative.wordpress.com/promotion-16112010-to-25112010/

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
Biggest rim size should be 17 provided right suspension setup, but surely a lot of power loss because of the tyres weight and frictional resistance surface. For a 1.3 car max recommended rim size should be 15".

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - How about how to clean fabric seats?

How about how to clean fabric seats?

Selamat Aidil Fitri

on your request!

whitish stains on your side door panel

tada...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience