4AGE 20V Top Overhaul / Full Overhaul

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
... and 20V (including BT) doesn't have VVTi. Its only plain VVT.
You are right;but my point was(both VVT and VVTi) depends on the oil pressure to activate its mechanism and 7af conversions should use Bt oil pump.Just wondered if anyone used a high cam with VVT and how it performed.

Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wah.. this racun kuat kuat one..... sifu 2o2r,

got a noob question to ask u lah.. coz my 7A fe wanna kahwin with my 4a GE liao.. what is the reccomended gasket ar? i will be using bt piston with bt head.... according to bro howard, he is using 0.5mm get around 12 for compression, but it is too high to be driven smoothly, i prefer to go back to standard bt compression of around 11 to 11.5
is 0.7 ok? or 1mm? i know there is a way to claculate but i couldnt find it so have to ask u sifu loh...

another noob question, northern got ppl do engine balancing? it got around how much?
bro.. your 7A want to kahwin to 16v or 20v? i can offer some practical ideas as we have tried numerous times. 16v and 20v got big differences in our experience...

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
bro.. your 7A want to kahwin to 16v or 20v? i can offer some practical ideas as we have tried numerous times. 16v and 20v got big differences in our experience...
i m planning to kahwin with 20v... mind sharing some more information on 7age 20v? thanx a million..

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
7age 20V i think the timing belt gonna use different, not toyota's timing belt,
pls correct me if i'm wrong, can search old forums/threads

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Anybody have standard VVT intake cam pulley for BT? Mine already broken. sound really noisy. Asked Kenny earlier but he said no stock... anyone please?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I think I might have one back in Ipoh, but chopshops should have them as well. But I heard after changing to used VVT pulley, the sound will come back in 2-3 months or earlier. There's a foreman who can rebuild VVT pulley for about RM500 or you can also PM sifu chinozie.

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
Anybody have standard VVT intake cam pulley for BT? Mine already broken. sound really noisy. Asked Kenny earlier but he said no stock... anyone please?
how we know the standard VVT intake cam pulley was broken ??? .....beside sound noisy ..:stupid::stupid:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
AE100PRO, looks like ur engine is in bad condition. I suspect piston rings worn out and maybe damaged piston or piston cylinder. Looks like the engine is due for a complete overhaul. If you plan to drive the car still, make sure engine oil level is always enough (check daily). Else, more parts will be damaged due to lack of engine oil.

Btw, have you tried to open up the engine oil cap? You should see some smoke coming out from there too.

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
AE100PRO, when you're really ready to do something about your problem, go to any of your preferred 4AGE 20 master foreman shop, tell them to take your top set off to check your valve and piston conditions. Yes from there you may check the conditions without take the whole engine off.
So if only your Valve gone bad... just do top overhaul,
and if your piston gone case.... do a full overhaul.

Mine engine also has smoke problems and always refill engine 1liter oil every 2000-3000KM
YouTube - MissFire
after took to shop, they said only valve seals problem, and i verified it myself.

MR. TOM'S

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
hi guys....can sifu2 here gimme me detail about overhaul...etc, part to change wif latest price..
as i knew

1.overhaul set
2. metal gasket
3. ring
4. bearing
5. skim head
6. engine, filter and gbox oil

my car symptom....white smoke came either u drive normally/slow
lessen of engine oil....till 5k km i need about 2-3 litre topup
open my oil cap and smoke came out when car hot

Do i need to change the piston oso...??? coz my btop engine clocked at 240k km oledi
encourage to change if pton still ok??
other part..??? latest price???
any hidden cost involve??
need to check for my own knowledge...and my small pocket a.k.a budget
thanks in advance
cheers...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus out there,

Recently I just got HWL hi-low soft-hard for my car (about 8 hours ago to be exact :) ), but the problem that keep bothering me all night long is about height adjustment for this thing. Since I wanted to set the car little high, the taukeh used to compress the coil spring to archive that, and for what I understand, height adjustment for this type of absorber is only to adjusting the body shift housing (cylinder body housing) and not to compress the spring. It will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience