4AGE 20V Top Overhaul / Full Overhaul

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
i have no white/black smoke coming out from exhaust...but 1 of the piston has no compression....siaoz....today will take out whole engine...sure the piston has pecah...blood out from wallet.... :(
Wow... that's bad bro. How did it happen? The engine was fully rebuilt early this year right? I thought you were running toda pistons?
If no compression, the engine will sound like running on 3 pistons, maybe no smoke also because no combustion on the affected cylinder. Either piston damaged or block warped. I've seen a BT block warped out of shape, leaving empty spaces between the piston and cylinder which causes the compression loss.

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
am still using ori piston...but this time wil be together overhaul with 82mm forged piston...
haha .. good to hear that change to forged piston... toda or weslee brand?

hihi..

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
melted toda forged piston? fuh.. i think shud be very [powerful set up ..

wat happned to tta engine?

benjaminn78

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2005
melted the toda piston?...would it be lean of fuel??...i will be using USA brand forged piston..dont know wat brand, much more cheaper than toda...hope that is reliable brand...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Melted toda forget piston sounds like an expensive damage... hehehe. Wrong fuel or wrong tune?

linkeong

Known Member
May 8, 2008
According to Kenny it ran too lean. only 1 piston melted. If not mistaken I think total cost more than RM4k to redo. If anyone drop by kegani can see 1 AE101 with Trueno bodypart white colour, thats the one

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
hi guys im thinking to overhaul my BT myself. but i need some help coz its my first time.. where should i refer to know more about overhaul such as how much torque to apply to tight those bolts? any webs to prefer? or anyone can share with me?

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
here are some interesting things I found out through the net.
Crankshaft:4age,4agz,st and bt all SAME

Con rods:4agz and early 4age same.late 4age and st same,bt on its own.Anyone actually measured the 7Af con-rod??

Pistons:4agz-low comp but ST and BT different(different part number)Anyone measured the actual difference(pin-location,piston height,pent-up piston top and valve clearance).

Oil pumps :all different(4agz and early 4age has 2 parts-drive and driven gear)ST,BT and 7af all different.Initially thought 4agz would have better oil pump but then BT has vvti and its the latest of the 4age.

Cylinder head:part number between ST and BT SAMEAnyone noted any differences???

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
here are some interesting things I found out through the net.
Crankshaft:4age,4agz,st and bt all SAME

Con rods:4agz and early 4age same.late 4age and st same,bt on its own.Anyone actually measured the 7Af con-rod??

Pistons:4agz-low comp but ST and BT different(different part number)Anyone measured the actual difference(pin-location,piston height,pent-up piston top and valve clearance).

Oil pumps :all different(4agz and early 4age has 2 parts-drive and driven gear)ST,BT and 7af all different.Initially thought 4agz would have better oil pump but then BT has vvti and its the latest of the 4age.

Cylinder head:part number between ST and BT SAMEAnyone noted any differences???
7AFE conrod is longer than 20V, fatter than bt, but i think about the same as svt..

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
... and 20V (including BT) doesn't have VVTi. Its only plain VVT.