4AGE 20V Top Overhaul / Full Overhaul

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

benjaminn78

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2005
melted the toda piston?...would it be lean of fuel??...i will be using USA brand forged piston..dont know wat brand, much more cheaper than toda...hope that is reliable brand...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Melted toda forget piston sounds like an expensive damage... hehehe. Wrong fuel or wrong tune?

linkeong

Known Member
May 8, 2008
According to Kenny it ran too lean. only 1 piston melted. If not mistaken I think total cost more than RM4k to redo. If anyone drop by kegani can see 1 AE101 with Trueno bodypart white colour, thats the one

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
hi guys im thinking to overhaul my BT myself. but i need some help coz its my first time.. where should i refer to know more about overhaul such as how much torque to apply to tight those bolts? any webs to prefer? or anyone can share with me?

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
here are some interesting things I found out through the net.
Crankshaft:4age,4agz,st and bt all SAME

Con rods:4agz and early 4age same.late 4age and st same,bt on its own.Anyone actually measured the 7Af con-rod??

Pistons:4agz-low comp but ST and BT different(different part number)Anyone measured the actual difference(pin-location,piston height,pent-up piston top and valve clearance).

Oil pumps :all different(4agz and early 4age has 2 parts-drive and driven gear)ST,BT and 7af all different.Initially thought 4agz would have better oil pump but then BT has vvti and its the latest of the 4age.

Cylinder head:part number between ST and BT SAMEAnyone noted any differences???

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
here are some interesting things I found out through the net.
Crankshaft:4age,4agz,st and bt all SAME

Con rods:4agz and early 4age same.late 4age and st same,bt on its own.Anyone actually measured the 7Af con-rod??

Pistons:4agz-low comp but ST and BT different(different part number)Anyone measured the actual difference(pin-location,piston height,pent-up piston top and valve clearance).

Oil pumps :all different(4agz and early 4age has 2 parts-drive and driven gear)ST,BT and 7af all different.Initially thought 4agz would have better oil pump but then BT has vvti and its the latest of the 4age.

Cylinder head:part number between ST and BT SAMEAnyone noted any differences???
7AFE conrod is longer than 20V, fatter than bt, but i think about the same as svt..

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
... and 20V (including BT) doesn't have VVTi. Its only plain VVT.

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
... and 20V (including BT) doesn't have VVTi. Its only plain VVT.
You are right;but my point was(both VVT and VVTi) depends on the oil pressure to activate its mechanism and 7af conversions should use Bt oil pump.Just wondered if anyone used a high cam with VVT and how it performed.

Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wah.. this racun kuat kuat one..... sifu 2o2r,

got a noob question to ask u lah.. coz my 7A fe wanna kahwin with my 4a GE liao.. what is the reccomended gasket ar? i will be using bt piston with bt head.... according to bro howard, he is using 0.5mm get around 12 for compression, but it is too high to be driven smoothly, i prefer to go back to standard bt compression of around 11 to 11.5
is 0.7 ok? or 1mm? i know there is a way to claculate but i couldnt find it so have to ask u sifu loh...

another noob question, northern got ppl do engine balancing? it got around how much?
bro.. your 7A want to kahwin to 16v or 20v? i can offer some practical ideas as we have tried numerous times. 16v and 20v got big differences in our experience...

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
bro.. your 7A want to kahwin to 16v or 20v? i can offer some practical ideas as we have tried numerous times. 16v and 20v got big differences in our experience...
i m planning to kahwin with 20v... mind sharing some more information on 7age 20v? thanx a million..

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
7age 20V i think the timing belt gonna use different, not toyota's timing belt,
pls correct me if i'm wrong, can search old forums/threads

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Anybody have standard VVT intake cam pulley for BT? Mine already broken. sound really noisy. Asked Kenny earlier but he said no stock... anyone please?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I think I might have one back in Ipoh, but chopshops should have them as well. But I heard after changing to used VVT pulley, the sound will come back in 2-3 months or earlier. There's a foreman who can rebuild VVT pulley for about RM500 or you can also PM sifu chinozie.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there,,pls help me on dis 2 things,,,
which one is better???wuts the pro n contra between them(emanage/afc)
fyi,i run 4g93p(gti)
n can i know the requirements to install dis piggyback??
tenks~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience