22ple Coating : First Brand New Unregistered Honda Civic

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
i mean i know its like a gimmick, and i dont dare to light my car on fire too LOL

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Really ah...???!!!

Hehehe...no need to do that la. That'll be just a gimmick like in those TV commercials. Even for the above test I also have some reservations (until I've done some more reading/testing myself or somebody can explain to me in more details). Pouring alcohol onto a surface and setting it on fire would only burn the alcohol that's evaporting ABOVE the surface. The temperature generated on the surface itself is nowhere near the temperature of the flame. Best test would be to burn the thing from the bottom....like cooking it...hahahah...

Discussion/rebutment is welcome....
Yes a better test should be cooking it or using a butane torch straight to it, but I think that temp is a touch bit too high. Googling showed that a blow torch flame at 1600C and the melting point of sio2 is 1600 to 1725C. But since our coatings aren't 100% siO2 anybody want to try? But what does the test reveal, it just reveals that the more Sio2 the product has the higher the melting temp will be until its 100% sio2 which will melt at 1600C. So if you cook it and it starts to burn, you know it doesn't have alot of sio2. That is presuming 22PLE is using sio2.

At the end of the day what does it really matter? If the coating looks good and is easy to apply and you are happy with it so be it lah.

Any coating sure water mark, it will sure get mirco marring still, and stain (just a matter of more or less), so I don't see the big fuss. I really doubt that coatings can stand up to mirco marring because the dust and sand we get on the car remember is made of quartz as well and other stuff like brake dust etc etc and is of similar hardness or higher. Even your windscreen can get scratches and micro marring and that's pretty hard glass as you need cerium oxide to do glass correction and anybody has tried to do glass correction, its damn hard as the glass is so damn hard.

So in the end I don't really bother about all these test, as long as its easy to use, and minimizes, maintenance, looks good, and solves my problems associated with my paint and my type of colour on that particular car I don't care who makes it or what its made of I'll buy it and use it.

Since we are talking 22PLE here I haven't tried it but would like to try it, just based on the looks and easy of use.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
@jonlsl...SPOILSPORT:thefinger: But I think you'd have to agree with me on one thing though: IT'S ONE HELL OF A FUN THING TO DO/SEE, especially when we get to play around with fire....HAHAHAHA......

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
who wanna lend me a blow tourch =D

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah! you guys playing with fire?.....:biggrin:
You go and blow torch the coating, even if survive the paint underneath will be cook.....:dong:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
who wanna lend me a blow tourch =D
Wah! you guys playing with fire?.....:biggrin:
You go and blow torch the coating, even if survive the paint underneath will be cook.....:dong:
s1tl, you're going to blow torch your car???!!! This I gotta see....hahaha.....

If you really want to do it no need for a blow torch la....just put them onto some pan or something and fry/cook them on the stove at low flame, or just chuck them into the oven (but, of course, not the microwave one)...hehehe....that should separate the actual raw material from their bonding medium.....me think la....

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
lol chucking it into an oven aint gonna see flames would be boring as hell :mad:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So you’re thinking bout an A4 or already have one sitting at home or you’re thinking bout getting your hands on the new A5 but somehow, neither of them touch the adrenalin junkie in you. Well, worry not; ABT is here to help that wacky junkie go nuts.

ABT is able to transform the A4 or A5 with only a subtle body kit into...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience