2013 McLaren MP4-12C to be 25bhp More Potent!

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

McLaren's second supercar in 17 years, the MP4-12C, will reportedly be offering a few upgrades for their 2013 model. It may be receiving a 25bhp increase in horsepower, bringing the twin-turbo 3.8L V8's total output to a whopping total of 618bhp by way of an ECU upgrade.

<!--more-->Other than an ECU tweak, a software will also be injected into the McLaren which will allow drivers to control how much engine noise gets into the cabin; even a suspension-lift mode (adjustable during slow speeds) as well as the inclusion of Bluetooth and navigation functionality into the touchscreen infotainment head-unit will be made available.

The 2013 MP4-12C will be going on sale in September this year, but McLaren is not leaving their current clientele out in the cold for these new features, because in the following month of October, the British supercar manufacturer will be retrofitting all of these new features into the previous 2012 models - absolutely free of charge!

Source: Car & Driver

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/y5IctUe_Po0?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>

Attachments

PowerMonster

Known Member
Nov 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
unfortunately the Aventador still eats it for breakfast

The McLaren F1 is a classic.... but this current one...looks like more like a Lotus and McLaren its owned by a Singaporean now... real potong stim

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I just transplant JDM engine into my car. I found that my engine radiator fan only turn on around 95c (external water temp meter). The default ECU setting are basically made for Japan weather which i think its not mean for Malaysia.

When search for radiator fan controller, i found some selling online but looking for an experience foreman that sell and install the said controller for my car. Hope members here can help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience