2008 Impreza WRX STI Official Images

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

The wait is finally over. Subaru has released official photos and initial info on the new JDM-spec Impreza WRX STI. Details remain scant, however, as Subaru only mentions that the new STI is powered by a 16v 2.0L boxer with a twin-scroll turbo mated to a 6-speed manual. SI-DRIVE, multi-mode Drivers Control Center Differential (DCCD) and Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) are also standard. All of these things have been widely speculated on and/or reported already. Specific power numbers are conspicuously absent, so we'll have to wait for the rest of it when the car bows in Tokyo in a couple of weeks. Based on what's already been leaked, look for 304 horses and 311 lb-ft of torque in the Japanese-market model. What's no longer a mystery is the car's appearance, which is muscular and aggressive -- a huge improvement over the base WRX.

Click to view the short write-up:

Source:
Autoblog

Oct 7, 2007
wow... sporty wagon... body similar as volvo v50 & bmw 1-series... where the sedan model?

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
yup..subaru did a right thing. learn from Focus and Loeb's Citroen..the shorter the better. ive heard (and seen) this WRX's new design few mth back..and if not mistaken they do release a sedan Impreza maybe soon but for WRC, only this hatchback will be used. same face but sedan..
but to be frank..i like Legacy more..lo-profile but yet fierce boxer-sound..:burnout:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Addition info..this what i got few mth back..korek2 from my pc..:)
for rally..

look at the diffuser down there..
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/skazareth/subaru_wrx_rally_review_500.jpg

and this is the 4 door version..sedan Impreza..
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/skazareth/4door2.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/skazareth/4door1.jpg

i tot its gona be like this concept..but sadly not..YET.. maybe for 2010..
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/skazareth/untitled51qj1.jpg

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
im sure if anyone were to buy this, its because its powerful. not because of the looks.The butt somehow reminds me of the toyota harrier....

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
at last, it has that widebody look compared to the normal WRX..

so far, they wont be producing WRX STi for sedan variant. The sedan variant only for WRX.. too bad..

This hatch doesnt look right as an Impreza WRX.. LOL It's like it has lost its rear tail.. no more huge rear wing/spoiler.. :biggrin:

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
what can i say,fuji heavy industries done it again..the bug eye impreza first came out..i tot it was a turn down..but time after time..love is in the air...same case as this one when the wrx model came out..i was upset...but time after time..and with the launching of this model..man..awesome...btw,i reckon the hatch body for sti is good for swinging during hairpin...remember wrx is build with wrc in mind...hehe

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
here is a scooby pic I have. Slightly different though, in rally outfit.

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
1series with m3 front part kahaha, but nevermind anything that been produce by subaru is my dream car huhuhu

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
1series with m3 front part kahaha, but nevermind anything that been produce by subaru is my dream car huhuhu
just about to say the same.slightly like 1series from rear angle. (by the way, 1series will be releasing their twin-turbo 135i coupe next year rite?)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

I plan to buy a pair of Jasma 272 cam to put in my 93 engine.
Is Jasma camshaft reliable and durable ?
Anyone experience with this Jasma brand?
Please advise.. Thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience