1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I wonder, for the amount of cash he spent on refurbished and repaired, how much return Iszo got back when sold it off.

Good news, my beemer has returned, road test indicated tires or wheels area may need balancing again because the steering wheel is shaky like mad when driving at high speed. Suspension obviously needs some improvement but its sufficient for now. Idling during cold start seems to be slowly rectifying itself, think probably the ECU is relearning on every crank start.

The blow off valve sound is so addictive, best sound ever ! Even on automatic the car is a beast !

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: sweelt

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
I wonder, for the amount of cash he spent on refurbished and repaired, how much return Iszo got back when sold it off.

Good news, my beemer has returned, road test indicated tires or wheels area may need balancing again because the steering wheel is shaky like mad when driving at high speed. Suspension obviously needs some improvement but its sufficient for now. Idling during cold start seems to be slowly rectifying itself, think probably the ECU is relearning on every crank start.

The blow off valve sound is so addictive, best sound ever ! Even on automatic the car is a beast !

Thanks,
Ken
care to share your Ci photos?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
care to share your Ci photos?
Hi there, it was posted in few pages ago. Interior and exterior is exactly the same as before conversion. The intercooler is spray black and essentially, its completely stock looking.

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh man, there goes a monster, from one master to another master. Are you getting back to EVO ? Since the beginning of this thread is actually about you getting an EVO 7, which is essentially my dream car, which will remain a dream as i have a Frankenstein E46 to take care of now.

Thanks,
Ken
Would love to get the 7 or 8. But unfortunately they are both currently out of my league atm. The frankenstein has moved to a new owner that has the financial capability to soldier on. Funny story though handing over the car to the guy, it broke down shortly after and refused to start. I went to rescue the new owner and it started on first crank without effort. *Facepalm

W124 Wagon...lots of engine space under the bonet to plonk in a big or bigger engine.No need to worry much abt electronics haywire thing.

keep it stock or modded, this is an investment.

And...the rear comes with self levelling hydraulic suspension.A very good bragging point.
Wah.. quite rare this.

May I interest you in buying a brand new car? Like, factory brand new.
I actually have to avoid a hire purchase for 2019. I don't want to financially burden myself before I can afford a new house if at all possible. And my wife currently isn't working so that makes things difficult.

Walao, gone in 60 pages!?
Gah.. all of these puns! Pretty good if I may say so myself.

Thanks,
Ken
Bro, you need a wastegate. A loud one. That is seriously menacing and scary and addictive all at the same time. Good to hear the ECU is adapting too!

4pcs 160, 6pcs should be 240 only, yours 640, buy 2 sets got balance some more......
Now when I think about it... hmm...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Would love to get the 7 or 8. But unfortunately they are both currently out of my league atm. The frankenstein has moved to a new owner that has the financial capability to soldier on. Funny story though handing over the car to the guy, it broke down shortly after and refused to start. I went to rescue the new owner and it started on first crank without effort. *Facepalm

Wah.. quite rare this.

I actually have to avoid a hire purchase for 2019. I don't want to financially burden myself before I can afford a new house if at all possible. And my wife currently isn't working so that makes things difficult.

Gah.. all of these puns! Pretty good if I may say so myself.

Bro, you need a wastegate. A loud one. That is seriously menacing and scary and addictive all at the same time. Good to hear the ECU is adapting too!

Now when I think about it... hmm...
Hi Izso,

That means the E36 doesn't want to pass on from you. Have any second thought of buy back :p ?

Very bad news happened last week, some drunk 18 yr old rear ended my car during the midnight when my car is park outside the garage where my baby is under repair for a blown fan motor switch. It was a hit and run case until my contacts were able to locate the motherfxxker's car (FUxK Myvi) hidden in a nearby insurance claim workshop. Ironically, that workshop belongs to my friend's relatives. I was able to get all the photos of the accident happened that night and went to file police report. As expected, the offender had not lodged any report, my best bet is they tried to hide it out until i can't find them out and they will proceed to file police report to proceed with insurance claim. Worse case scenario, they might report saying i am the one who caused the accident ! Evil people is just everywhere !!

Damage of the car is on the rear bumper, rear boot, one front lamp and front bumper. The car was parked stationary within a legal parking sport and this drunk 18 yr old decided to drive too near into the road and hit my car ! What makes me even more angrier is the offenders' family didn't bother to call me up to apologize at all eventhough i gave my number to the tow truck guy who towed their car. After some test driving of the car, suspension and steering seems to be intact, only minor metallic knocking noise from the exhaust area, followed by louder than usual exhaust noise, think the exhaust pipe might broke off a little and the exhaust shield metallic plate hanging somewhere.

I already reported hit and run case with the police, followed by all evidence presented, together with CCTV videos (THANK GOD). Now its under repaired.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Update on the E46ci, previously the rough idle was getting better after ECU readjusted itself to try and behave nicely, but its not perfect. Recently after the fan motor switch blown away, we are facing flat battery symptoms as well and could only be started with jump start method. Funny enough, with a battery and jump start cable constantly supplying electricity to the battery, the engine idles perfectly like it should be ! Rev is very smooth and stable. We also found that the alternator is undercharging (10v during engine start and 13.6v when revving to 2500rpm). With the car is under body repair, i plan to dismantle the alternator and send to recondition it. Hope that will totally solve the rough idle issue.

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Update on the E46ci, previously the rough idle was getting better after ECU readjusted itself to try and behave nicely, but its not perfect. Recently after the fan motor switch blown away, we are facing flat battery symptoms as well and could only be started with jump start method. Funny enough, with a battery and jump start cable constantly supplying electricity to the battery, the engine idles perfectly like it should be ! Rev is very smooth and stable. We also found that the alternator is undercharging (10v during engine start and 13.6v when revving to 2500rpm). With the car is under body repair, i plan to dismantle the alternator and send to recondition it. Hope that will totally solve the rough idle issue.

Thanks,
Ken
Sorry, to hear about your accident...

I had that erratic idling symptom before in my VR. Low idle but never thought of the battery as we always think once started the alternator takes over. But after battery change the car idles much better. For your case might be alternator or even both.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Sorry, to hear about your accident...

I had that erratic idling symptom before in my VR. Low idle but never thought of the battery as we always think once started the alternator takes over. But after battery change the car idles much better. For your case might be alternator or even both.
Previously we thought of small battery might cause the rough idle, but after changing to a brand new one, the idle improves that little and it somehow solves the light dimming issues. After the fan motor switch blown itself to oblivion, the battery followed, we suspect the low charging may cause damages to the fan motor switch as its a high speed fan motor and draws lots of juice from alternator. We will either service the alternator or change it.

Thanks,
Ken

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Previously we thought of small battery might cause the rough idle, but after changing to a brand new one, the idle improves that little and it somehow solves the light dimming issues. After the fan motor switch blown itself to oblivion, the battery followed, we suspect the low charging may cause damages to the fan motor switch as its a high speed fan motor and draws lots of juice from alternator. We will either service the alternator or change it.

Thanks,
Ken
Some car ( esp european car ) are very sensitive to current supply. My theory is that a basic engine does not need much current to run but some cars are laden with sensors and these will need steady current to work properly. Couple this with other electronic such as the comfort module, it will require very high current during idle.

One way to solve is get a bigger alternator and battery. My waja is running 120amp alternator. Even with that output it will misbehave with a weak small battery as it dont have the capacity for long idle under multiple current consuming task.

Reactions: Mitevo7

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Some car ( esp european car ) are very sensitive to current supply. My theory is that a basic engine does not need much current to run but some cars are laden with sensors and these will need steady current to work properly. Couple this with other electronic such as the comfort module, it will require very high current during idle.

One way to solve is get a bigger alternator and battery. My waja is running 120amp alternator. Even with that output it will misbehave with a weak small battery as it dont have the capacity for long idle under multiple current consuming task.
Yes agree, another symptom to detect is slow power window, rolling up was very slow, i have detected this when i go online and search Ci's power window roll up speed. Mine is effing slow compared to normal 3-4 seconds roll up, now it took about 6 seconds.

Thanks,
Ken

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yes agree, another symptom to detect is slow power window, rolling up was very slow, i have detected this when i go online and search Ci's power window roll up speed. Mine is effing slow compared to normal 3-4 seconds roll up, now it took about 6 seconds.

Thanks,
Ken
Then turbo the power window motor lah...
Just imagine window is halfway up and the boost kick in...

Your window will wind down a bit when u open the door?

Reactions: Mitevo7

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Morning To all Senior Members,
I'm planning to make a change for my lovely MyVi,but dunno which options is better and reasonable,currently planning to stock in a GSR a Turbo,but also thinking on taking in the YRV engine in..Before this, I went to do a Survey on labour for juz installing the GSR turbo and they charged me for RM1800,in my mind its wasnt worth,so now i am planning to get the YRV engine-only..
May i know whats the Price for the YRV Engine-Only???and if i trade in my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience