YRV Engine

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
Morning To all Senior Members,
I'm planning to make a change for my lovely MyVi,but dunno which options is better and reasonable,currently planning to stock in a GSR a Turbo,but also thinking on taking in the YRV engine in..Before this, I went to do a Survey on labour for juz installing the GSR turbo and they charged me for RM1800,in my mind its wasnt worth,so now i am planning to get the YRV engine-only..
May i know whats the Price for the YRV Engine-Only???and if i trade in my original Engine,and how much its willl be??
Please advised and do really appreciated..

Many Thanks and Good Days to all..

Regards:
Shawn

Sep 3, 2012
Sabah
If u are planning to sell ur myvi engine pls let me know, i am thinking of installing myvi engine on my kenari. just a plan..

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
Hi Bro,
I got a fren of mine is selling its,if u really interested i can help u to ask the price for u and even have the YRV Turbo R halfcut selling at RM5800nego..

Thanks

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
Bro how bout 4AGE engine....1.6 [email protected] 1/2 price now same that yrv.....what i heard bout yrv turbo prob is the gearbox...the gearbox always prob...my fren change bout 3x that gearbox.....now he already put 4age engine......can U imaging 4age 1.6 at myvi body...

smach_dog

Aug 5, 2013
klang
Hi to all friends..i'm planning to convert my 1.3 K3VE to K3VET YRV. i'm thinking izit manual better or auto tiptronic better?my 1 is ori 1.3 manual..izit possible to used back the gearbox?(if I choosing manual.) YRV engine are more powerful izit the ori manual gearbox can fullfill the power?bcos now I driving gear 2 rpm to 6000 when shift to gear 3 is abit difficult...I don't know if YRV engine if using ori manual gearbox izit can tahan or not or gearbox will pecah...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hi to all friends..i'm planning to convert my 1.3 K3VE to K3VET YRV. i'm thinking izit manual better or auto tiptronic better?my 1 is ori 1.3 manual..izit possible to used back the gearbox?(if I choosing manual.) YRV engine are more powerful izit the ori manual gearbox can fullfill the power?bcos now I driving gear 2 rpm to 6000 when shift to gear 3 is abit difficult...I don't know if YRV engine if using ori manual gearbox izit can tahan or not or gearbox will pecah...
K3VET have no M/T models. Only A/T Tiptronic

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
K3VET have no M/T models. Only A/T Tiptronic
Too bad they din't made any manual transmission to pair with K3-VET. But there is something called Daihatsu Boon X4 which uses a turbocharged engine with manual transmission if I am not mistaken. Possible to get that halfcut over here?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Too bad they din't made any manual transmission to pair with K3-VET. But there is something called Daihatsu Boon X4 which uses a turbocharged engine with manual transmission if I am not mistaken. Possible to get that halfcut over here?
Heard of it but seems the parts availability gonna give you a headache. Not sure.
K3VET more common. KJVET only 1.0L so can fit Kelisa :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Heard of it but seems the parts availability gonna give you a headache. Not sure.
K3VET more common. KJVET only 1.0L so can fit Kelisa :rofl:
Oh... Well, if you have a good connection with those halfcut suppliers, then parts should not be a problem to you, haha. I just found out that the father of my friend owns a halfcut shop at KL. The one I mentioned before his father owned a 1st generation Legacy with Twin turbo EJ20TT engine.

K3VET is a good turbocharged engine. But why auto only... :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh... Well, if you have a good connection with those halfcut suppliers, then parts should not be a problem to you, haha. I just found out that the father of my friend owns a halfcut shop at KL. The one I mentioned before his father owned a 1st generation Legacy with Twin turbo EJ20TT engine.

K3VET is a good turbocharged engine. But why auto only... :banghead:
K3VET even though is Auto Tiptronic but then is adi powerful enough on the road even
is just an auto. GTR35 also auto what but still fun to drive and still put many much more
expensive cars to shame.. :biggrin:

At least can drive in the traffic jam with ease and yet has the power whenever u need it.

Put in Kelisa can fly man :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
K3VET even though is Auto Tiptronic but then is adi powerful enough on the road even
is just an auto. GTR35 also auto what but still fun to drive and still put many much more
expensive cars to shame.. :biggrin:

At least can drive in the traffic jam with ease and yet has the power whenever u need it.

Put in Kelisa can fly man :rofl:
R35 that one is double clutch auto. Furthermore, with that much of power on it's engine, auto might be better for normal people to have better control of the car. But K3-VET 130hp only and the power transfer loss in automatic gearbox is more than manual box. Oh well, the power is there for K3-VET but the feeling of engaging/releasing the clutch and shifting the gear stick is not there. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
R35 that one is double clutch auto. Furthermore, with that much of power on it's engine, auto might be better for normal people to have better control of the car. But K3-VET 130hp only and the power transfer loss in automatic gearbox is more than manual box. Oh well, the power is there for K3-VET but the feeling of engaging/releasing the clutch and shifting the gear stick is not there. :biggrin:
That's why a friend of mine call his ex-kelisa car a GO-KART and fun to drive car :rofl:
Nvm la, still faster than my car :laugh:

Just auto is not in our own full control.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That's why a friend of mine call his ex-kelisa car a GO-KART and fun to drive car :rofl:
Nvm la, still faster than my car :laugh:

Just auto is not in our own full control.
Your friend using K3-VET in Kelisa? Can endorse 1.3 engine in Kelisa?
Nah, you can buy a fast car also, but you just din't do so. :biggrin:

smach_dog

Aug 5, 2013
klang
Morning all..so that means we cant rojak the YRV engine with Ori myvi manual gear box right...so if using Tiptronic auto gear if we always shift to manual mood izit will make the AT die off faster?2nd question is izit possible to fix the YRV dashboard in to myvi?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So... Yesterday it was raining heavily, i was excited! :burnout:
It is time to test out how the ONR, and the wax and the UQD turned out!

Once it stoped raining i went out the my phone and snap some pics.

The BMW E34
With a protected and threated paint

without....

look at the water beading...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience