WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
That sounds like a quite a good job. I'm a fan of Subaru and since I am majoring in English language, it looks like something that I can consider in future. Now at least I have something to consider and think about. Thanks for sharing. By the way, what are you currently doing for a living?
Hi there ! The job is actually very exciting. One of the job description is to manage the "Subaru 4WD challenge" around Malaysia. There was one at One Utama last Sunday, the Subaru guys literally let a young man to drive the XV up on the slope. It was very thrilling to watch.

Now i am working as a product trainer/marketeer/business development at an IT company. Recently i've just offered to another company, now in the midst of negotiating of salary, hope it can get better.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Lot of things happen at the same time :rofl:
In the end the major thing was a spun bearing :thefinger:
Sounds really serious, but hope the pistons didn't slap on the engine head. Is the block itself still ok?

One fact i heard, people boosted their N/A engine usually end up blowing up their motor. Apparently turbo boost surge can happen. That is why until now i refused to turbocharge my 4B11 N/A eventhough Speedworks offer a turbokit. The 4B11 N/A compression ratio is kinda high for boosting. The maximum boost pressure it can tolerate is only 0.5 bar. More than that may results to blown motor and worse, blown CVT gearbox.

Last edited:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Sounds really serious, but hope the pistons didn't slap on the engine head. Is the block itself still ok?

One fact i heard, people boosted their N/A engine usually end up blowing up their motor. Apparently turbo boost surge can happen. That is why until now i refused to turbocharge my 4B11 N/A eventhough Speedworks offer a turbokit. The 4B11 N/A compression ratio is kinda high for boosting. The maximum boost pressure it can tolerate is only 0.5 bar. More than that may results to blown motor and worse, blown CVT gearbox.
Pistons all ok, cylinder head all ok according to the mechanic. Just one connecting rod have to change, crankshaft can be reuse, just re-machine it back and sent for re-balancing again. Root of the problem kind of hard to diagnose, could be a combination of things but I will be monitoring closely on the oil pump. Even though it is new but it might not be able to run optimally (suspecting). I will hook up some gauges already especially the oil pressure gauge to check on it.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Pistons all ok, cylinder head all ok according to the mechanic. Just one connecting rod have to change, crankshaft can be reuse, just re-machine it back and sent for re-balancing again. Root of the problem kind of hard to diagnose, could be a combination of things but I will be monitoring closely on the oil pump. Even though it is new but it might not be able to run optimally (suspecting). I will hook up some gauges already especially the oil pressure gauge to check on it.
How much boost pressure you are running ?. From my experience and researches, if one of the cylinders are not firing properly can result to engine knocking, especially for turbocharged engine. Sometimes the problem could be as small as one spark plug.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'd actually be interested to know the limits of the cvt. The Inspira and Sylphy share the same CVT system, the difference only being the oil they use. I'm quite tired of testing so many turbo cars and going back to my boring ol' econobox which isn't really economic since I get 8 to 10 (max) km/L FC.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bernard finished fixing already? That was fast

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
How much boost pressure you are running ?. From my experience and researches, if one of the cylinders are not firing properly can result to engine knocking, especially for turbocharged engine. Sometimes the problem could be as small as one spark plug.
Just one bar of boost at that time. But like what you said ignition could be the issue too because when I stopped the car, I found out that the connector to the Power Transistor is loose. The Power TR is the one that controls both the ignition coils in the engine. So imagine at 5000rpm on 5th gear and both ignition coils are not running properly due to the loose connector. Another finding according to the mechanic, it could also be the tensioner bearing because mine ended up faulty. So yeah a combination of things, so.....:thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To Whom May It Concern.......

:X-:

Wanna do DIY their simple/cheap/easy heat shield or sumthing look alike pipercross viper....

an idea,maybe can used unused tupperware(bigger) for the filter......(same concept as VIPER)

sumthing like this
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience