What are you driving now?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
4G93T is still more fun, considering GSR GB ratio is slightly longer, plus 1.8 litre. I sat in a Neo GSRt before and that car was quick! Stock internals boosting 1.2 bar, producing around 270whp. :adore:
270whp? Heavily modded? I thought stock should be 200hp on crank.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This output is already higher than stock 4G93T. I guess this is a good alternative for that and you are still retaining 1.6 litre instead of a 1.8 in 4G93T. 230hp on wheels means on crank you are probably giving over 250hp. Powerful for a 1.6 litre. :adore:
230whp means closer to 280hp on crank.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
4G93T is still more fun, considering GSR GB ratio is slightly longer, plus 1.8 litre. I sat in a Neo GSRt before and that car was quick! Stock internals boosting 1.2 bar, producing around 270whp. :adore:
GB ratio quite short too. The fun on 3rd and 4th gear. For cruising i cannot find 6th gear. :rofl:
stock internals 1.2Bar ? whoaaa....:idea: i run 0.7 Bar.
i got do some reading, 93t stock conrod got weakness if push too far.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
GB ratio quite short too. The fun on 3rd and 4th gear. For cruising i cannot find 6th gear. :rofl:
Are you driving a car with 4G93t? Hahaha ya the fun is also on 3rd and 4th for mine. I feel that I need 6th gear also if I want to cruise at high speed.

Probably that car's conrod has been modded, maybe to BC conrod haha! :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Are you driving a car with 4G93t? Hahaha ya the fun is also on 3rd and 4th for mine. I feel that I need 6th gear also if I want to cruise at high speed.

Probably that car's conrod has been modded, maybe to BC conrod haha! :rofl:
Same here, VR also best with 3rd and 4th......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How does it feel on 1st and 2nd gear? Too powerful?

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Ya, stock 93t in proton wira. Not chasing 270hp....:biggrin:
Sounds so fun!! 93t in a wira has a very good power to weight ratio like what marsha mentioned.. :driver::burnout: I somehow think Neo is a bit too heavy for 1.6 litre hahaha! :sleep:

Same here, VR also best with 3rd and 4th......:driver:
I think most cars have sweet spot around 3rd and 4th gears, just enough for sudden burst to a speed slightly below 160km/h :love:

How does it feel on 1st and 2nd gear? Too powerful?
Too short gears so even pulling also up to 80km/h only.. for campro cps gb la

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Sounds so fun!! 93t in a wira has a very good power to weight ratio like what marsha mentioned.. :driver::burnout: I somehow think Neo is a bit too heavy for 1.6 litre hahaha! :sleep:

I think most cars have sweet spot around 3rd and 4th gears, just enough for sudden burst to a speed slightly below 160km/h :love:

Too short gears so even pulling also up to 80km/h only.. for campro cps gb la
Well, at least the added weight gives the Neo more stability for the kind of power your engine makes. If is stock Neo, then perhaps the weight issue is a disadvantage.

For you guys with turbocharged engines, 3rd and 4th gear are nice to play around. My normal old NA engine don't feel much fun in 3rd and 4th.

Short gear ratio and powerful engine means the acceleration is very brutal. :biggrin:

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Well, at least the added weight gives the Neo more stability for the kind of power your engine makes. If is stock Neo, then perhaps the weight issue is a disadvantage.

For you guys with turbocharged engines, 3rd and 4th gear are nice to play around. My normal old NA engine don't feel much fun in 3rd and 4th.

Short gear ratio and powerful engine means the acceleration is very brutal. :biggrin:
Yep, added weight does provide Neo better stability especially at high speed.

But low end power seems to be compromised. Coupled with my low compression setup and Velocity intake, I can feel the heaviness of the car and FC will somehow be affected. :banghead: But beyond 2.5k rpm when boost starts kicking in to positive range, car is much lighter and it's fun :burnout:

i prefer 2nd gear pull..the rush and excitement..hahah

3rd and 4th not much g, heavy car perhaps..
Actually Neo also not too bad at 2nd gear pull, just that it won't be able to reach high enough speed due to its short gear :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i prefer 2nd gear pull..the rush and excitement..hahah

3rd and 4th not much g, heavy car perhaps..
Same situation for my car. But mine is not because of heaviness, more like because it is not powerful. :biggrin:

Yep, added weight does provide Neo better stability especially at high speed.

But low end power seems to be compromised. Coupled with my low compression setup and Velocity intake, I can feel the heaviness of the car and FC will somehow be affected. :banghead: But beyond 2.5k rpm when boost starts kicking in to positive range, car is much lighter and it's fun :burnout:

Actually Neo also not too bad at 2nd gear pull, just that it won't be able to reach high enough speed due to its short gear :rofl:
Having a bit more weight is good for your car since short wheelbase cars tend to be a bit unstable at high speed compared to long wheel base cars.

So driving below 2.5k rpm is difficult? The car feels slow?

At city driving where you need a sudden burst of acceleration for short sprint, I think 2nd gear is fun enough. :biggrin:

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Having a bit more weight is good for your car since short wheelbase cars tend to be a bit unstable at high speed compared to long wheel base cars.

So driving below 2.5k rpm is difficult? The car feels slow?

At city driving where you need a sudden burst of acceleration for short sprint, I think 2nd gear is fun enough. :biggrin:
What do you mean short wheel base and long wheel base? :confused:

Actually driving below 2.5k rpm is not that difficult just that its low end torque cannot be compared with that of City or Vios. Of course if I drive at 0-bar, I can still easily keep up with most NA cars.

Yep 2nd gear is actually fun enough.. 2nd gear seems better with my butt dyno but 3rd is just as fun hahaha :love::driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1 stupid question. Just curious to know.

Beside beauty, what is the purpose of having a carbon fiber hood?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience