What are you driving now?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The engine code M16A may be the same but it's not all the same. The new one has 4 coils while the old one like mine 2 coils. the gearbox can't be plug and play to the old engine.
Looks like more changes has been done than what it looked like externally. I guess even the ECU is also different since there changes from 2 coils to 4 coils?

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya
Looks like more changes has been done than what it looked like externally. I guess even the ECU is also different since there changes from 2 coils to 4 coils?
Yup. ECU also different. New one use Bosch made ecu while the old one use Denso made.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup. ECU also different. New one use Bosch made ecu while the old one use Denso made.
So a lot of things are not interchangeable between ZC31S and ZC32S.

Anyway, I've sat inside a ZC31S before but it is when the car is not started. What I felt sitting on the driver seat is, the seats are nice, felt like normal seats but at the same time does have the sports seat kind of feeling to it. Clutch is light similar to my Wira and the gear shift throw is quite short for me. Just a short push is enough to engage into a gear.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Anyway, I've sat inside a ZC31S before but it is when the car is not started. What I felt sitting on the driver seat is, the seats are nice, felt like normal seats but at the same time does have the sports seat kind of feeling to it. Clutch is light similar to my Wira and the gear shift throw is quite short for me. Just a short push is enough to engage into a gear.
Short throw is good, anyway is Swift "SPORTS".....Looks like bro 6UE5t very interested dy.....:driver::biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Short throw is good, anyway is Swift "SPORTS".....Looks like bro 6UE5t very interested dy.....:driver::biggrin:
Yes short throw is actually what we're looking for! :driver:
Yes, coz I already need to start thinking as the time is nearer and nearer, and this car seems the only one that ticks all the right boxes.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, coz I already need to start thinking as the time is nearer and nearer, and this car seems the only one that ticks all the right boxes.
Like you say, may expect some fender bender from new drivers, might as well go for older model first, and also within budget....:driver:

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya

Yup ! The car come stock with a short shifter. When used to it go and drive other car like myvi who has a very long throw shifter and then drive back the swift. Makes u appreciate the short throw more. :driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Like you say, may expect some fender bender from new drivers, might as well go for older model first, and also within budget....:driver:
Yup, ideally of course the newer model is better but the price still high, not sure how much will it drop within the next year or so. Actually even the older model also still comparatively expensive for such a small car.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yup ! The car come stock with a short shifter. When used to it go and drive other car like myvi who has a very long throw shifter and then drive back the swift. Makes u appreciate the short throw more. :driver:
u want sequential ikeya shifter?

basically convert your stock gated manual shifter into sequential shifter... (replace whole gear shifter inside cabin while not touching the actual gearbox)

i think i can help u get it...very rare...and not always available... price about myr3k~5k if u were willing to spend on it...

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya

basically convert your stock gated manual shifter into sequential shifter... (replace whole gear shifter inside cabin while not touching the actual gearbox)

i think i can help u get it...very rare...and not always available... price about myr3k~5k if u were willing to spend on it...
SWK Sequential Shifter like this one here bro ? My side here also got 2 unit for sale, haha. Tried it. don't really suit me.

Attachments

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I wonder how does a normal Swift manual feels like compared to this Swift Sport.

The throw is quite short, similar to GDB Impreza WRX STI that I tried before.

Sounds like you really will buy this car.

When I sat inside ZC31S and tried the pedals and shifter, they really felt nothing like Myvi at all. I don't know but Myvi's controls does feel quite poorly engineered. It is a Daihatsu city car anyway, what else can you expect. My 18 year old Wira felt better in shifter and pedal than Myvi. When I enter Myvi, I can feel like I have entered a city car but when I entered ZC31S, it felt like a sporty car.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
my fun car. Seems like cant afford subaru/mitsu evo yet. Even this get me handful for DD :banghead:

cant afford merc, just took their color code. Love stick + FI. :driver:

:love::love:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
SWK Sequential Shifter like this one here bro ? My side here also got 2 unit for sale, haha. Tried it. don't really suit me.
hahaha such rare item u got 2 set already :adore:

looking for my car is like finding unicorn...lol :banghead:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

just wondering ... those shifters, would you be able to force the car into 1st while slowing down (not stopped) cause its really difficult to shift into 1st if you are moving.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just wondering ... those shifters, would you be able to force the car into 1st while slowing down (not stopped) cause its really difficult to shift into 1st if you are moving.

nope...it doesnt change internal of the gearbox....

it just convert gated gear changing sequence and converted it with clever mechanism at bottom of the lever and voila normal gated gearbox becomes sequential gearbox....

but u still need to change every gear using clutch like normal road car gearbox....unless change the gearbox internal into dogbox non synchromesh type...then can shift like race car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna ask all the sifus here... What is the consumption for the VR4-RS engine like? RM 50 for like 300km?

Lets just say if the engine will be boosting at 1.0bar, i bet the consumption will be about RM 50 for 250km rite?

One more thing, what is the minimum boost for the VR4-RS engine, 0.4bar?

Thanks alot to all the sifus who is gonna help answer my question and dun flame (shoot) me if i am wrong :p (still learning mah)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience