what are your expectations?

miqveh

Dec 12, 2003
I was just thinking the other day when I heard many people b!t(h about how sucky the new cars are lah...and things like what kind of features on the car do not have lah and so on. So I'm just wondering in general

What do you guys/gals are looking for when you are looking at a RM$ 40,000 BRAND NEW car?

RM$60,000 BRAND NEW car?

RM$80,000?

RM100,000?

Above?

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
On second note:
1.) Kelisa
2.) Spectra
3.) Vios
4.) Altis
5.) Just about any cool cars.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i got 2 new cars this past month, both cost around 180-200k.. ones a new Rexton and ones a new Ford Escape 3.0.. i must say im quite disappointed with the both these cars having owned 2 RX300s before both of which we sold..

Build quality in the Ford is a disappointment being a CBU unit and the V6 isnt really smooth.. the Rexton (petrol version) is too sluggish.. period. Build quality i felt was a lot better in the Rexton, in fact I was quite content overall with the controls, materials used in the dashboard and so on. The Ford I must say was a HUGE HUGE disappointment to me and for 180k maybe I should have bought a Forrester or Airtrek.

Obviously the RX300s cost a lot more than these 2 cars but I must say tht Toyota's build quality is miles ahead of Korean and even US car manufacturers that I expected much more.

Overall for the price, I'd be happier with the Rexton if it had more poke.. and the Ford, for the price, not worth it at all

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
[PIMPIN] said:
i got 2 new cars this past month, both cost around 180-200k.. ones a new Rexton and ones a new Ford Escape 3.0.. i must say im quite disappointed with the both these cars having owned 2 RX300s before both of which we sold..

Build quality in the Ford is a disappointment being a CBU unit and the V6 isnt really smooth.. the Rexton (petrol version) is too sluggish.. period. Build quality i felt was a lot better in the Rexton, in fact I was quite content overall with the controls, materials used in the dashboard and so on. The Ford I must say was a HUGE HUGE disappointment to me and for 180k maybe I should have bought a Forrester or Airtrek.

Obviously the RX300s cost a lot more than these 2 cars but I must say tht Toyota's build quality is miles ahead of Korean and even US car manufacturers that I expected much more.

Overall for the price, I'd be happier with the Rexton if it had more poke.. and the Ford, for the price, not worth it at all
shuold have gotten murano instead eh?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Murano is like 240k though right? the Rexton is abt 200k and the Escape is abt 180k.. cant justify the extra money for it unless i was buying only 1 car.. needed 2 so budget a bit lower :( would have loved the Murano though.. definately one of the nicest out there atm

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
murano is at 230k
yeap damn nice comfy and very very nice
i doubt they will have new version of murano....
they dont keep coming out with new version like harrier..
but rexton is good too man..

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
xtracooljustin.multiply.com
miqveh said:
I was just thinking the other day when I heard many people b!t(h about how sucky the new cars are lah...and things like what kind of features on the car do not have lah and so on. So I'm just wondering in general

What do you guys/gals are looking for when you are looking at a RM$ 40,000 BRAND NEW car?

RM$60,000 BRAND NEW car?

RM$80,000?

RM100,000?

Above?
60K = dunno wat to buy

80K = Suzuki Swift orange kaler...

100K= dunno wat to buy

above 100K = BMW M3, M5 or Mercedes SL

Last edited:

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
hmm sorry ah

60k-hyundai accent a/t

100k-toyota altis 1.8

200k- maxda rx-8/golf gti

300k-toyota alphard

800k-M5

1.6mil-maranello 550

3.2mil-can by zonda ka?

cldc2

Aug 3, 2005
far away
[PIMPIN] said:

heheh shouldn't even touch a ford. cacat built. just the same as GM built cars. all target quantity oni. no focus on quality. everything plastic, sounds deadednning sucks, build quality sucks. fuel economy.. mmmmm .. :P i think airtrek would have been better.. heheh or ANY of the lexus range. Lexus is upmarket toyota, build quality is damn keng, and options you get are more than bmw/merc equivalents

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i wonder y west malaysia no people driving SUZUKI SOLIO.....this models only selling at SABAH i guess....it is imported version with equipped wit 1.3Turbo-charged engine.....selling round rm80K....very very nice car...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
cldc2 said:
heheh shouldn't even touch a ford. cacat built. just the same as GM built cars. all target quantity oni. no focus on quality. everything plastic, sounds deadednning sucks, build quality sucks. fuel economy.. mmmmm .. :P i think airtrek would have been better.. heheh or ANY of the lexus range. Lexus is upmarket toyota, build quality is damn keng, and options you get are more than bmw/merc equivalents
no shit dude.. the door feels so flimsy and light.. if i wanted a flimsy door i could have paid 40k instead of 180k lol

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subject : KE70 DX stuffs. Yes, I have a new set of these stuff. But where is the fun part of having an oldschool machine if I didn't try to restore it?

Dirty lenses ready to be polished.

The first step is cleaning up the lenses to remove dust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience