TE71 Coupe Project Sharing

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
yup, for me this engine is all about torque, not a hi revving horsepower monster..hehe, some said the weak link of the 7a are those skinny con rods, i dunno coz been using it since 04 with a 7agze setup (now 7agte), they never failed me yet (i dont want it to happen!)..and a fren LE BT with 7a, constantly 8krpm for few years also still surviving.i dunno it's luck or toyota made some bloody good 'weak' conrods.. :P for me,just dont go over the limit, that's why it tahan..hehehe
bro, what ECU that u r using? how do you compensiate the higher demand for fueling?
I believe with proper tuning, this engine can provide good torque and great HP too.

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
i am using stock gze ecu only.to compensate fuel needs i used larger injectors and fuel regulator and higher capacity external fuel pump..my tuning not as efficient as using the stand alone so in future planning to go for the megasquirt stand alone coz i heard our forummer can help me with it.i am 100% agree with you 7ag can achieve great HP figure with proper tuning but what i mean, it cant get the high hp through high revving method like those n.a 250hp+ 11000rpm+ 4age..but it can get high hp mebbe at a lower revs coz of it's long stroke nature cant rev happy like the 4ag..sorry if my interpretation was wrong..:biggrin: hehe..but talking about high
monstrous hp with 7ag setup u can visit and adore the engineering of it..:idea: 10sec+ 1/4 mile, 400whp+ from a little 1.8L..sifu nos7agte also in that figure rite?

Toyota Levin 1988 7agte 20v

eh chu...what about gearing of the T50..r they good for the 7ag torque? sorry if i missed this, but u plan this car for drift, time attack or track use?

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
i am using stock gze ecu only.to compensate fuel needs i used larger injectors and fuel regulator and higher capacity external fuel pump..my tuning not as efficient as using the stand alone so in future planning to go for the megasquirt stand alone coz i heard our forummer can help me with it.i am 100% agree with you 7ag can achieve great HP figure with proper tuning but what i mean, it cant get the high hp through high revving method like those n.a 250hp+ 11000rpm+ 4age..but it can get high hp mebbe at a lower revs coz of it's long stroke nature cant rev happy like the 4ag..sorry if my interpretation was wrong..:biggrin: hehe..but talking about high
monstrous hp with 7ag setup u can visit and adore the engineering of it..:idea: 10sec+ 1/4 mile, 400whp+ from a little 1.8L..sifu nos7agte also in that figure rite?

Toyota Levin 1988 7agte 20v

eh chu...what about gearing of the T50..r they good for the 7ag torque? sorry if i missed this, but u plan this car for drift, time attack or track use?
T50 gearbox mate with 4.3 final drive is ok for 7AGE. I got the T50 gearbox from N2 race car which I think it's abit closer ratio compared to stock T50.
Accelaration is very fast. I'll use this car of occasional track day at Sepang and weekend drifting.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
i dont know, but i broke one when i was using 7agze..can a w55 use the t50 bellhousing?
My mechanic got 1 W55 moded bell housing to fit 4AGE or 7AGE. T50 bell housing are not direct fit to W55 gearbox.

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
My mechanic got 1 W55 moded bell housing to fit 4AGE or 7AGE. T50 bell housing are not direct fit to W55 gearbox.
is he selling it? what's the price? can trade in..hehe :burnout:
btw..just asking, where u bought your freedom? from a guy with white ae86?

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Donno, will ask for u.

Freedom, got it from a guy that drive AE111. With DLI.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
The W series gearbox cannot fit T series bellhousing and vice versa. But you could mod the W series with an adapter to fit the 4AGE. But i do remember some site did mention something a stock T50 could take 200HP max until it breaks. A W series up to 380HP. But this one also he estimate only. Unless some dude with tons of moolah and time to spend on dyno machines to break gearboxes!

Chu, did you take apart the N2 transmission to see if there are differences in the cogs than just faster ratio? Like TRD ones can see their logo printed on the cogs i think. But N2 ones means they custom made one?

I wonder why no one find a T40 for drift use? hehehe.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
I never open out the N2 gearbox, actually I wanted to do so but the moment I reach the workshop, the gearbox already in my car.

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
i am planning to sacrifice the gearbox from my dad's ra60 celica.that car missing the engine so i wanna buy from hi the gearbox and start finding the adapter plate to fit my 4ag..sorry..off topic..hehe

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
EG9 - Oh like that la. I thought you got take aaprt the thing and post the differences. That would be cool. But anyway if custom gear cogs sure dunno what material they use. Finding a CNC shop to make one is even more crazy!

turbo10 - R series engines use what gearbox ah? W or T series gearbox? This one forgot liao or never bother to find info on it. hehehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Happy CNY...

may i know which smell of ambi-pur is the famous and nice to smell 1? last time i used Tobaco and that's not bad, but 2 days before i replace the Pacific Air into my car, and yesterday ride on the car...
wah,,, smell like rubbish lorry... :lol:
now wanna sell it and buy another smell of refill... :ph34r:

er... so what's flavour that's ur guys using?

;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience