Suggestions needed for NeoCPS sound System.

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
evo, brothers stuff good ar? People always warn me about brothers 0.0 . lool, dont dare try!

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
evo, brothers stuff good ar? People always warn me about brothers 0.0 . lool, dont dare try!
it depends, the player and speakers are ok. it comes with warranty. although some are imitations, but most of it comes with warranty card from the manufacturer....should be ok

other accessories - those made in china ....u need to be very selective.
but with his rm300 budget...if it comes with one year warranty...should be ok.:)

yusuf

Apr 12, 2007
Just a little advice, save up a bit more..get a 4 channel amp and re-do the wiring..
I think it'll be enough for starters..Later got budget, then add the sub and change front to a proper component..it should be sufficient...Man man..Don't rush into it, it's just not worth it..
Just my 2 cents..
Need recommendations, PM me..;)

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Got my car d. Awsome. But sound system..... ==''
I set the bass to max but when on volume on player above 20 the bass like 'crack' Sounds terrible. any suggestions? Will fixing an amp fix the problem? Or change speakers? :stupid:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
try lowering the amp "gain" level, there should be a knob on the amp

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well...

i think what u really need was a decent amp and woofer....

recently i bought 12inch woofer and 1800watt 2channel amp at jalan pasar....

amp:rm140
woofer with box:rm180

both parts brand cokia-cokia...but it does the job nicely.....not that SQL greatness...but enuf for me....

and the amp i just use to power the subs alone..coupled with a good quality midrange...

(*yes i use 2.1 speaker configuration only in my old satria-2midrange/1woofer)

driven by kenwood KDC-U346 head unit....

well..i'm satisfied with a tight budget,it still can deliver the performance i want..altough now i felt i need to upgrade my alternator and install some high performance capacitor.... :biggrin:

playing with audio is never end....

just like modifying mechanical parts on car....

u'll never know when enough is enough..... :adore:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Installed a componet set today. Bazoka brand. Sounds much better now, very clear but still can't go beyond volume 30 for some more 'noisy' songs, but its okay since i won't need it to be so loud unless to showoff. :biggrin: The foreman said its because my player cannot support too loud.

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
bro...i think u better increase ur budget abit to get better 1 component set(install at front door and a pair of 2way speaker for the rear...

later if got budget u but the 6x9 speaker,amplifier and sub woofer...to install amplifier u need to get the RCA converter since stock neo player dont have RCA connector...

get 4channel amp and preamp 1st...later u can add another 2channel amp to boost ur woofer...

hope this statement can help u a bit...hehe...

blackTshirt

Dec 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Me is using Neo CPS with OEM Blaupunkt header + 1pc 80 watt 5 channel Amp + 1pc 10" woofer, + 2 pcs of 5" front speakers, tuned by myself.
Rear pair of OEM speakers are ommited. Come and listen to my setup. Maybe you like my simple and cheap approach but with impressive result.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Me is using Neo CPS with OEM Blaupunkt header + 1pc 80 watt 5 channel Amp + 1pc 10" woofer, + 2 pcs of 5" front speakers, tuned by myself.
Rear pair of OEM speakers are ommited. Come and listen to my setup. Maybe you like my simple and cheap approach but with impressive result.
I have something like that too. Current setup:

OEM Header (hoping to change soon but it's costly coz need to change whole panel if u change a player)
front component set (2X 6.5inc , 2 tweeters and crossover)
back 2X 6.5inc mid bass speakers installed on back dashboard.
1X 2 chanel amp to power them up.
Back OEM speakers are unplugged too.

So far so good. But still got limit. If too loud the sound will crack. :mad: My 'mechanic' said it's because the OEM heat unit cannot support. So if got the budget i should change my head unit later on. I wish to install a sub but i don't want it in the boot coz it will take up too much space from the already small boot of the NEO..... Might get those slim subs and install under the seat. :biggrin:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just to share with you guys who are interested. I've finished modding my sound system d. As in i got everything i wanted d.

Current Setup: 1 component set, at front + 2X6.5'' speaker at the back dash + 1X 12'' 2000watt sub in the boot. :biggrin:

Using 2 amps, 1X 2 ch for the back speakers and a 4ch JVC for for sub and front component set.

All my frenz that sit in my car kena poison d. Now alll wanna put Sub. Haha! :driver:

cheers! :proud:

Viera Sasaki

Known Member
Feb 17, 2011
Perlis,Malaysia
Getting my Neo soon. Need suggestions for my sound system. I'm currently interested in Sony Xplod brand. I trust sony :proud: What i'm planning to do is to switch out all the stock speakers with Sony Xplod, and add a decent sized subwoofer. budget about 300+. Is it possible?

Feel free to give any suggestions.
Hmm... 300++ is not enough la bro. Increase it a bit la... For the speakers, why don't u give a Rockford Fosgate a try. I'm using it in my car right now with a SQ setup.

scorpiod

Known Member
May 28, 2008
if have lower budget, then forget the rear speakers. get a better component system in front instead. for example. rm450 for front and rm450 for rear, why not just throw rm900 for a decent front component set?

if budget is really tight, then i think that the only way is by saving more money and installing the things 1 by 1. at least you are installing better stuff. or else you would need to upgrade again next time when you listen to others' better setup and ended up abandoning your old setup(waste of money).

Some people change their player first. some change their front speakers to component speakers first. some just add a woofer and amplifier (with a hi-low convertor). it depends on what are you craving for now. a clearer sound or little more bass?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is eyes opening..very daring some more ....

YouTube- Honda Civic Stolen in Puchong

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/915406/+2260

it seems that they are not scared of anything ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience