Suggestions for Class F SDB (need feedback)

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
First of all, thanks to Avantech group who made the vtec OTR class... since the class is for 1.6 - 1.8 OTR, there several things in my mind, twiggle or comments... need Avantech group or forumers could give the answers and feedback...

Questions:
1. is B18B block valid for the class? if no, why?
2. is 2liter stroke (89mm and above crank) valid? into short block B16A and B18C? Why? (the rules strictly say 1.6 - 1.8cc... which means any exceed displacement is prohibited)

Suggestions:
1. engine inspection has to be done to winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) at least measurement on crank, just to make sure the machine really2 1.6-1.8, just before official result writen (use lidi penyapu pun bolehh...) if bore quit hard la, i dont know if any equipment can measure the bore... (zaman dulu punye super sixteen takde measure stroke... then banyak machine tipu stroke... sekarang tak tau la... but dulu2 of course la takde DIY OEM parts mod macam sekarang... when talking about 2liter, u are in serious budget doh...)
2. semi slick tyre is prohibited, only OTR compound, since this category is for 1.6 - 1.8 ON THE ROAD... seem not fair enough for 1.6 play with 1.8 400m length... (kalau 1.6 dengan 2liter crank lagi laaa terabur kena... like tokey halfcut always say, sama2 untung maaa)

Now, semua orang mau curi tulang... short block is the most favourite engine builders to make money... 89mm stroke package nowaday can get rm4000 - rm14000... depends on the spec, mod and tuning...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
You can't really check for engine setups since it involves opening the block, but based on the previous results, you should have kept records of weight, vs. time. There should be a line where the best times will start to look dubious.

Anyway, I wouldn't bother too much on big bore high strokers, those engines cannot last anyway, and lose compression pretty quickly (note: high maintainance)

For the prizes, I don't see much sense in building that kind of engine where the maintainance cost far outweighs the cost of the prizes. For bragging rights, it's a good idea though.

For starters, just make it fun, or start bracket racing where skills are take the mainstage rather than outright power.

Write the time the times the owners expect the car to hit, and whoever hits the closest time to his estimation wins that round. It'll probably be fun even for stock rides. :biggrin: put 16 secs, then run a 14flat, while the next car puts 16, but nets 16.5, naturally the 16.5 takes the win for that round, because the owner didn't cheat on the est. time. In that case, if the owner knows the car can do 15 flat, he marks the car as a 15 flat, and he has to make sure his R/T's and 60 foot times are constant enough to ensure he hits that 15 mark the closest.

It's also easier for you to categorize the vehicles so that cars with the same time bracket run together, giving the impression of a close(r) race.

Tire wise, I think banning the semis are not a good idea, as another way around restricted tire compounds is using wider tires, 225/40R16 (as an example) anyone? Since it's straight, I don't think having the tires touch the inside fenders is a big deal for them.

There's also cheater slicks with small sizes that look very close to normal tires, but with soft compound (forgot the brand) that people have yet to use, so that's probably something to consider down the road.

I do note a problem with bracket racing though, in that the owners must run their cars before, like in the states where drag tracks are available for the owner to get timeslips and note how fast their car can actually go, while at sepang, it's not readily available.

Of course, for the regulars, I think it's pretty easy for them to guess what times they can hit, since they are regulars after all.

Last edited:

jasmanz

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
2. is 2liter stroke (89mm and above crank) valid? into short block B16A and B18C? Why? (the rules strictly say 1.6 - 1.8cc... which means any exceed displacement is prohibited

i saw drag at putrajaya n sepang they used b16b height block with 2liter package(86mmbored x89mm crank) seem that using 1.6cc cat . Correct if i wrong coz 3th gear their sound very powerful

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
First of all, thanks to Avantech group who made the vtec OTR class... since the class is for 1.6 - 1.8 OTR, there several things in my mind, twiggle or comments... need Avantech group or forumers could give the answers and feedback...

Questions:
- its valid since b18b is the factory block come with 1834cc. still less than 1850cc. FTM, we r limiting the CC base on the factory block displacement. whatever CC modification to the block is open. u can even use 88mm piston if u can. maybe thats for this year. We r getting the special equipment to check the engine displacement without lifting the head.

2. is 2liter stroke (89mm and above crank) valid? into short block
B16A and B18C? Why? (the rules strictly say 1.6 - 1.8cc... which means any exceed displacement is prohibited)
- there is no point to check the stroke only without checking the bore coz u can run 87.2mm stroke same with b18cr stroke but with 87mm piston which is already make more than 2074cc

Suggestions:
1. engine inspection has to be done to winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) at least measurement on crank, just to make sure the machine really2 1.6-1.8, just before official result writen (use lidi penyapu pun bolehh...) if bore quit hard la, i dont know if any equipment can measure the bore... (zaman dulu punye super sixteen takde measure stroke... then banyak machine tipu stroke... sekarang tak tau la... but dulu2 of course la takde DIY OEM parts mod macam sekarang... when talking about 2liter, u are in serious budget doh...)
- this class at SDB is not as serious as MSS or MME. we r finish at 4am and to make this kind of inspection will also take time. and again checking the stroke is useless without getting the bore figure. and this kind of inspection i believe will make a lot of argument n make the motorsport spirit away..

2. semi slick tyre is prohibited, only OTR compound,
- lots of otr car also nowaday using semi slick. nothing wrong with it i think.
since this category is for 1.6 - 1.8 ON THE ROAD... seem not fair enough for 1.6 play with 1.8 400m length... (kalau 1.6 dengan 2liter crank lagi laaa terabur kena... like tokey halfcut always say, sama2 untung maaa)
thats the reason why the bottom internal mods is unlimited so that the 1.6 factory block can still compete with any long block.

Now, semua orang mau curi tulang... short block is the most favourite engine builders to make money... 89mm stroke package nowaday can get rm4000 - rm14000... depends on the spec, mod and tuning...
- so there is no point to limit the engine mods.
i personally know which car that prticipating in SDB that running on oversize piston. but still an original 1797cc still have a chance to win.

about the displacement, i think we gonna get the special tools to check the engine displacement for next year. we cannot simply change the rules sesuka hati...

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
2. is 2liter stroke (89mm and above crank) valid? into short block B16A and B18C? Why? (the rules strictly say 1.6 - 1.8cc... which means any exceed displacement is prohibited

i saw drag at putrajaya n sepang they used b16b height block with 2liter package(86mmbored x89mm crank) seem that using 1.6cc cat . Correct if i wrong coz 3th gear their sound very powerful
this will become a common mod within this few years ahead...
our engineering shop locally now can do the sleeving even not at par with the states job.

mdsb3

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
hello fren...i alway participate sdb event with standet 1.6 block vtec
i don,t care how big bore u have in ur car but i like to know how far u
mod ur power plant cz modification unlimited.
this big piston CC not only in vtec cat.
1.8 non vtec is same cz my fen mivec run with big bore.
class D below 1.6 is same.
the prize 1st pun under rm500,i think no need cx internal engine,costly la.
just part. for fun and enjoy .
if want to compete inject as much money u have for ur machine.
just my opinion.:driver:

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
thats rite... its more towards getting fun and enjoy... getting more frens... knowing ur best timing for ur machine/mods etc...

mdsb3, which one is urs? last round 3..

sybaritic

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
maybe d title of diz category can change from class F 1.6-1.8cc to class F using block 16a/16b/18b/18c.............:biggrin:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
i think it's hard ler to make everybody happy....cause we still "tumpang" the SDB event with SIC...in case anyone didn't notice that....so a lot of the rules are also made and sanction by SIC....it's good enuf that we get 2 separate sub-categories within the class F for this yr i.e. vtec n non-vtec.....and everytime class F has the biggest participants....but has to make do with what is available right now ler....who knows after 2-3-4 years running class F within the SDB, one rich fella or menteri wud see there is a huge business potential in this drag racing, so he wud invest in a dedicated drag strip....no need to tumpang SIC...then mayb we can have several categories just for on-the-road class....mayb even a dedicated event...

as for the current time, my suggestion wud be to start the qualifying run for class f earlier, mayb 6pm....then at nite the top 15 or so compete again....so limit the nite session for only 30 cars....so bole balik awal sket....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm noobie in mod car scene...

So I need an advice from all..all...all....sifu in here....:adore:

I'm :driver: Satria GTi standard piang.... n I'm thinking about to change camshaft. Whats set is better???

272/272 o 270/260??? did I need to change spring too???

And please tell me bout a/cond n idle condition when I change the cam...

Really...really..really need an advice from all..all...all....sifu in here....:adore:

Thx in advance...:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience