SIC Track Day

bart.ahmad

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
All things mentioned is example of areas which we think contributes to TD experience and how we think we can do something about it. Those are examples. Any of that are not to be regarded as sole objective of SCMC. SCMC objective is to make TD experience better. Again, the examples which I've stated are among areas that we think contribute to a better TD experience.

SIC will gather ideas from our side and if track goers themselves think they can contribute their ideas like many of you did, we're very interested to hear it. :driver:

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
Gentlemen.

Whether or not SCMC will be revived, the price hike will still takes place. It's a whole different issue. COO of SIC (Mr. Kumar) will come with statement soon that will address on this matter.

SCMC on the other hand, is SIC effort in making track days better by trying to maximize TD experience among it's members. I can't stop everyone to correlate this two issue naturally because the timing of announcement. But correlating or not, on SIC part, we have this commitment to objective of TD.

We're still in discussion on training. Bear in mind that the kind of training won't make you another Schumacher but will address more to track safety. One will argue than that he can already drive fast. Understood. But comes another issue whether by being fast, one can be safe as well? Not only to himself but to others which shares the same track.

One example. Speed difference between high powered and ordinary sedan may contribute to untoward incidents (i don't want to elaborate, i'm not the right person). The kind of training that we think is not to make anyone intimidate by this and knowing what to do on different situation. Driving fast and driving skillfully is two different things. But most importantly, everyone, pro and beginners must be well verse with basic track safety. Flagging and all. The very basic one.

Another example. We try to make TD a safer place somehow we think it's possible to do segregation by grading. Beginners and first timer in Beginners class, seasoned track goers who already knows theories and can go fast comfortably in Intermediate Class while MSS regular or those who've particpated in MMER in Advanced Class. The concentration will be given to Beginners where basic training will be provided.

And there are also off track issues that also contribute to TD experience. Lockers issue for instance. We're looking into this as well.

I must admit that there's still a lot need to refine on this but we're working on it. And we welcome any ideas. And Clement, yeah. We also thinking on what kind of discount we can offer. But one thing for sure, there will be a discount :)
looking forward for that :)

and not to forget
kick those red flag hero out from the track straight away. let them learn
maybe you should put a big sign board at the registration counter

stated "for drivers that do not return to the pit when the light is red will get kick out immediately w/o refunds of their entree fees"
make in bigger and more eye catching
hehehe

and for other drivers i suggest all on their double hazard light when the light is red just to warned those other drivers who maybe dint notice it yet or just pure idiots

just a suggestion but i support 101% on the kick out thingy
hahahaha

Dr reLLiK

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
Bangi, Selangor
no point juz talking here n sic still want to hike the price..
juz boycott track day.. n go to illegal race otr.. this what kind government want!!:thefinger:
when want to close bt3 a lot of janji manis give to us!!! now c guys..
when sic want to hike the price what gov do???

to sic plz dont think juz want 2 earn profit only..
i think 1 of the objective TD can reduce the illegal race.. so think it!!

h3id3rn

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Gentlemen.

Whether or not SCMC will be revived, the price hike will still takes place. It's a whole different issue. COO of SIC (Mr. Kumar) will come with statement soon that will address on this matter.
Hi Bart,

Any idea when Mr. Kumar would make a statement and where would it be made? Is it verbal or written here in the forums, will there be any Q&A session just so that we can clarify that it is justifiable for SIC management to raise the price? If there is, then if the time is right then i would like to attend this Q&A session with Mr. Kumar and there might be others who would want to see how SIC would like to justify for this price hike.

Thanks

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
clement made a very valid point der...besides minor/major incidents/accidents resulting in red lights,dis minor groups who keeps on goin n goin whn d red light comes on r contributing 2 longer red light period.....SHUD think of a way 2 deal w them.probably football style?1 yellow card...2 yellow card n ur OUT!no rayuan please!
coz i do believe during each TD,SIC management do gif out briefing but many never bother abt it..so it's NO excuse not 2 know wat all d flags mean,ESPECIALLY red flag(damn pantang whn i c dis kaler!).....

also,having more TD whc SHOULD minimise number of cars during each TD sounds good 2 me....yes,since now v understand v can't do zilch abt d price hike..BUT,if by paying d RM300 n d scenario is sumthg like wat i experience during private track sessions(RM350 a pop),i'm willing 2 pay....no need 2 fight 4 pits,no1 will hog "your" pit...no SHOW CARS parking in d pit or worst still,block pit entry/exit,owner no whr 2 b found.

n owh....can v download d indemnitiy form online?i din check on dis.so v can fill up d form b4 v reach SIC so can save time.

oooopppss...brain jam!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
hattech-v,
thx 4 ur constructive comment......so,u got any other ideas besides making such a comment?
i duno if u've been 2 a private track session...RM350 might seems pricey but w <10mins of red light time thru out d 3hr session,imagine d level of satisfaction......so if i m gonna pay RM300 n STILL experience all d usual open TD crap,i m so willing 2 fork out d additional RM50 n whack til kingdom comes....
anyway,speaking abt affordability......i believe it's u who can afford more thn me....u come 2 TD w an EK track car while i go in my daily driven car.....so,do d maths......

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
hattech-v,
thx 4 ur constructive comment......so,u got any other ideas besides making such a comment?
i duno if u've been 2 a private track session...RM350 might seems pricey but w <10mins of red light time thru out d 3hr session,imagine d level of satisfaction......so if i m gonna pay RM300 n STILL experience all d usual open TD crap,i m so willing 2 fork out d additional RM50 n whack til kingdom comes....
anyway,speaking abt affordability......i believe it's u who can afford more thn me....u come 2 TD w an EK track car while i go in my daily driven car.....so,do d maths......
ko ni betul getting old la akuma... i'm joking only laa...
my brain also jem when the price hike issue come out... now i think myself cannot afford anymore to go to TD this year... maybe once a year... or maybe considering my track car for sale... i want to play motorcross plak... easy to find place... go to any kelapa sawit estate oso can play...
but i think maybe sic got a good justification on why they raise up the fee....
its a same thing when they raise up the paddock entrance fee for SDB from rm30 to rm50 but still got a lot of ppl coming in. maybe this because of the improvement that SIC did. e.g improving the timing display.

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
can u guys tell me why want to know the reason for price increase? if sic give u a reason? then happy to pay Rm 300? :biggrin:

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
been an avid trackday goer i cant help to stop keeping quiet on this price hike issue

SIC should have a strict policy on track rules/etiquette.
few suggestions and recommendations have been stated for users to get better value for what they pay for trackday sessions.

u all got all the records for the form that we fill in for each track day
i doubt SIC kept records on those who have attended. and if this is soon going to be a mean of differentiating newbies or regulars... then its just like starting all over again...unless they really keep all the indemnity forms filled by us.

morale of the story
we demand a win-win solution as the price hike has become a Factor all trackday 'kaki's'

h3id3rn

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
well i for one hope that this coming sunday's track day will have a poor turn out so that they'll make a loss eventhough they have the price hike.

Dr reLLiK

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
Bangi, Selangor
i one of the person join de boycott..:itsme:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
hattech-v,
everybody's getting old...so r u......joke or no joke,i get it...just dat i take ur statement a lil out of place in dis quite-serious thread,dat's all...chill....n yes,u gave a very gd example abt d hike in paddock entrance fee during SDB'09...mayb SIC management is banking on d same 2 happen 4 TD too?

morpheus,
well,no harm in asking 4 a reason or explanation abt d price hike....

just 2 add,tho i m tempted 2 join d TD tmr coz alot of ppl foresee d turn out will b quite bad so those who turn up 4 it will stand 2 gain...it's like paying RM300 4 a "private" TD,whc,is usually MUCH more expensive if it's a real private track session.....BUT,i'm standing my ground....wud really like 2 c wat'll happen tmr...

it's weekn..drive safe!dun end up in any lock up..u'll only get 2 come out Monday,earliest!hahaahahah

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
I'm itching to go man... But if there's a boycott, I'd support... But then again, there'll be an empty trek...:banghead::banghead:

benzer

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
went to SIC today with minivan.. hehehe look see look see oni!

I think about 50 to 60 cars.. confirm rm300, parking still rm5 but park at the car park (near the registration) liao so the cars not racing won't kacau the pits. I think is good!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
just wondering....50-60cars...RM300...RM18000.will dis figure b making profit,break-even or making a loss?hmmmm...........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

currently having trouble with the throttle body of the 1.3 satria. my fren suggested that the throttle body kong already.......... he was suggesting that i should give it a try by fixing those throttle bodies from 1.5 or 1.6 engine as it gives more power...........

any suggestions? appreciate it........
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience