Foolish Drifter at SIC Trackday 30 Apr 06'

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Show-off drifter endangering other track users.....

This guy in a D1 spec white R32 was drifting on track, while others had to follow him. No really follow him, but had to slow down.... some even had to take evasive action (like friend of mine in his E7 at turn 1). This guy got the finger from him... Nobody dared to overtake, as he was all over the place.... he continued doing its for a good 7-8 corners while traffic started to build up behind him up to 5-6 other cars, including myself. At every corner, marshals were waving him the red flag, but he still drifted at the next corner..

Eventually they red flagged the session for a while, marshals called him in and he was pulled over. He was given a warning and recently from the terato forum, i heard he was fined RM100 by SIC....

I don't care who you are. What you did was plain stupid. There are other people using the track and some pushing in the corners while you drift all over the place. If it was a drift event and everybody is expecting a drift in each corner it would be different... i got nothing against drifting... love watching it myself... but sometime u got to use common sense...

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
tat R32 was drifting....??....hahahaha.....din notice tat.....i saw tat R32 spun out at Turn 14 and a yellow car (i think its an evo) haf to avoid him n spun out as well.....both were so near tat i tot they hit each other......btw minivan, wat car were u driving tat day....??....

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Drifting is prohibited during open track day.

If you ee anybody drifting, report it to the mnagement and he will be penalised.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
He was in the next pit to me.... he got the msg that many and myself included was not impressed.... anyway, why take things into ur own hands when theres authority (marshals) there?
i'm just sharing a story of how not to impress on people at the tracks.... i mean, most of us know (urself included, as ur a trackie urself) that there are some simple rules/ethics you need to observe while on track.... especially on public trackdays....

spyderslr : i just drive a humble little old EF for track... u??

cyilaw

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
kuantan
Visit site
yesterday i was there also, and few stupid driver try to speed up in pit lane, i almost get hit by a white satria track car in pit lane.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
ooooo.....the red EF is urs....???....i'm driving a black wira a/b......damn u overtook me in da straights like i was standin still...haha.....nice car bro....!!!!!....

Last edited:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
yes the red EF....

Ooo... u were in the black a/b!! ur car is wonderfully fast in corners dude... looks like u have a nice setup for corners on the car....

My friend and i (blue Evo7) was talking about how fast this black wira a/b was... it was u!! heheh... respect...

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
haha...no ler bro....was using semi's tats why faster in da corners.....i tried using AD07 for the first few laps out b4 changin to semi's later on.....really can feel a huge difference ler.....btw, u were quick too man....i think i remember having quite a handful keeping up wif u....but u really left me for dead on the straights......nice meeting u on the track bro....!!!....hehehe...

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
heheh... like wise bro!
I myself have never used semi's before... just AD07's. Thinking of getting RT215's or 615's after the AD07's...
Bro.. what engine u running?? Deffinately not ori wira engine right? MIVEC?? if wira engine... even more respect!! :-D
Ur car all black like dat... phantom rider... nice...

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
hehe....of coz not wira engine bro.....ya, u've guessed it right, i'm running on a mivec engine under hood (as displayed on my avatar)....hehe.....if i'm using AD07, i dun think i can even c ur tail lights ler bro....hehe....u haf a nice chilli red EF there too.....striking...!!... =)

actually its my 1st time using semi's as well.....friend sort of gaf to me a set of used ones to try on this track day......the semi's performed really good even if its a used one.......cant imagine how good it'll b if its still brand new......hehehe....cheerzzz... =)

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
ooo... i din know tat white R32 was drifting, but I did see tat car spun out was right in front of me after turn 2.......damn it was a blind corner man......after that i noticed in my mirror tat fella spun again......a gal (i was told) was driving it tat time

anyway, it was my 1st trackday in sepang n i enjoyed it so much n I hope everyone else enjoyed it too.......

I was giving way to everyone coz im a track noobie n i got a bad setup........dun wanna block nor forcing ppl 2 overtake dangerously (u know how it feels if u're faster than the car in front n u cant overtake him)

giving way n yet I still can hav fun. its simple logic, motorsports is already a dangerous sport, but we all are civilized adultrians that will try our best to avoid any unnessesary crashes right? aint it safety first?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
well... i mean, when adrenalin is in a person's system.. sometimes pple do stupid things... ;)

ah well.. wat to do... we have had some members (sometimes myself.. ahhaha) complaining about pple doing stupid stuff... but when adrenalin flows thru our system... we tend to forget and jump into the bandwagon of idiots... but none of which (personally for myself) is as idiotic as driftin in the race track...

minivan: judging from yer last paragraph, all the 'You" was there.. so i thot u were trying to get the message across to the person thru dis topic ;)

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
well, if its ur 1st trackday, its definitely better to take ur own pace n learn bout the track 1st b4 goin all out n ended up endangering urself n other track goers......it is alrite if u r overtaken by ppl....i knew of someone who had the mentality of "no-one-can-overtake-me" n he end up blowing the engine n worse of all, a RED FLAG..!!!!.....of coz safety is priority.....kudos bro...!!!!....hehe...

talking bout blocking ppl, i was blocked by a car (forgot wat car) at turn 12........was doin my best lap then n i was already on the outer line, ready to take Turn 12....then all of a sudden, the car in front of me, braked hard n put on their double signals (hazard lights).....i was like WTF...!!!!!....n Turn 12 is a fast entry corner n does not require much braking, i was shocked when they braked tat hard.......n mind u, the car in front of me wasnt doing a cooldown lap or warm up lap.....i was behind the fella until he did tat at Turn 12.....after tat, got pissed, went bak to pit n cooldown.....zzzzzz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Put your hands up if you’re proud to be Malaysian. Here's a shot of the locally assembled version. The 16<sup>th</sup> unit of the ST1 has been spotted on local roads. A fellow Zerotohundred.com forumer managed to catch some shots of the local copy soon after it was done. No idea though on what the base model was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience