Myvi 1.3 bolt on turbo auto swap to yrv manual gearbox

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Currently have done and is not a direct installion.
So far currently facing an issue with the speedometer. Previously my myvi autogearbox has a speed sensor and the speedometer gets the speed reading from there. But on yrv the speedometer gets its reading from the abs sensor and sadly I just realized my car has no abs to begin with. My mechanic tried to insert a speedometer sensor in the yrv gearbox but no luck as the ecu is still an auto ecu.

Left with few choices
1. Change to a manual ecu but possibly might need to retune the engine(e manage) as a manual ecu has a different map and since I dyno on the auto ecu already I wouldn't want to do it again since its merely a transmission swap.

2. After market speedometer.

So does anyone have any other suggestions and does a manual myvi ecu has a different engine map or is it the same?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Since this is a mechanical issue, there's no way around it unless you swap out the hardware to make it compatible. I haven't heard of any adaptors that'll suite your requirements for the speedo. I guess the easiest fix would be to get an aftermarket one. Pivot digital meters!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beading Effect for KKE Thick Wax -

When water is sprayed on a normal car surface, the water would generally form a film and remain on the car paint and would probably dry on the car. The water drying on the car has several problems like leaving water spots, dirt dryin on the car etc. Even harmfull effects of bugs, tree saps, road film harms your car paint and its finish.

An unprotected car paint would probably have a water film.

KKE Thick Wax is to be applied by hand using a wax...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience