How do we know if we modify our car LEGALLY?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Re: How do we know if we modified our car LEGALLY?

Kenny, if you said white halogen bulb is illegal but in JPJ website it says that it's legal...??? What's true and what's not???:hmmmm: Really confusing here....

Yeehau, you are from Seremban?? Never saw your car wan? What do you drive?
its illegal lo as far as i know...

coz las time i owes deal wit traffic dept...owes sit inside so they tell me...even where n when they set blok i oso know.

but now i not in tat field, so no more ideas...

if u see jpj/trafic set block, as long as ur light is not the original one (headlight,signal,reverse,plate number)...most probably they wil stop u.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

Kenny, if you said white halogen bulb is illegal but in JPJ website it says that it's legal...??? What's true and what's not???:hmmmm: Really confusing here....

Yeehau, you are from Seremban?? Never saw your car wan? What do you drive?
ya,from seremban..driving the car below my signature la...with HID

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia

ya,from seremban..driving the car below my signature la...with HID
Bro, by looking at your signature only, my eyes got blinded a little bit by your HID beam la :biggrin: . I hope you to drive faster on the road to reduce the damage done to peoples' eyes.

Why yours different than mine? Mine seems to be a lot more 'softer' than yours.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007

supposed police cannot saman for the exhaust n light rite?
coz its under jpj.
wrong?
hehe not really...the police here sed 'jpj is jpj, police is police' and then theyll issue u a christmas card...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007

Hi Bro FVel...thanks for the suggestion. I went to the police department today...guess what? THEIR SYSTEM IS DOWN!!!! WALAU EH!!!!!! Hope they won't ask me to look for Puspakom or JPJ if I demanded some detail regulations or guidelines...push me to here then push me to there...you know lar...they are very clever in pushing techniques...

You mean the cops manning the counter do not know which section of the law under which they charged you and had to rely on some defective computer system to tell them ? That's just f**king great.

By the way, they are not suppose to refer you to Puspakom or JPJ for that info. You were charged by that police department and you made a valid request for disclosure from the same department. You are legally entitled to that info and that officer who wrote you up have to produce the section of the law which she used to charge you. If she does not know, then she has no business to write you that summons in the first place.

If you keep quiet, they get a freehand. Be polite but be firm. Never be rude. Ask questions and let them know you are not a pushover and in turn you will keep them on their toes and force them to rise their own standards. As I said, just tell them you want to be sure of the law so you don't want to fall foul of it again and tell them you want to know what you needed to do to make the car legal and for that purpose, you need the officer to tell you exactly what the law said. Be warned...that once you start saying that they will automatically go on the defensive because they will know they are dealing with a cool customer. So it's important you are never rude to them and give them some hormat to also make things easier for them.

I use to buy stuff from overseas, and Customs can sometimes be a pain in the arse with some unprofessional officer. What I normally do is borrow my friend's viewcam (before I bought mine) and made sure they see I'm recording. It's amazing how polite and professional they suddenly become when they know they are under scrutiny.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car is wira mivec 1.8, currently using perdana 2.0 clutch cos it's soft and easier for my family to drive, as long as i drive below 6k rpm then it works fine, but whenever i rev over 6k and it slipped... Last time i use 4 puck racing clutch, but it only last less than 1yr, very short life span is there any recommended one? long lasting and not too hard one.... My mech said exedy 3 puck, do i have another choice?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience